Thread: Ebay - Any of you guys sold something on ebay, and the winner hasn't paid?

Administrator

England

Ebay - Any of you guys sold something on ebay, and the winner hasn't paid?

What did you do?

I believe after they've won, and you've sent the invoice out, they have four days to pay? Then you contact ebay and they contact the winner? After another four days if they still haven't paid, you can then offer it to the other bidders/relist?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    This just happened to me Neil. Open an unpaid item ticket and then i set my settings to automatically relist the item. Douche bags.

United States
    People don't get in trouble for not paying??

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    People don't get in trouble for not paying??
    Well, the wonderful thing about ebay nowadays is the seller can't leave negative feedback (at least they couldn't last year - I don't use ebay that much anymore, as I don't like giving them and paypal - essentially the same company now - so much of a cut of my $).

I guess the seller could ping them for non-payment, but it seems ebay cares more about the buyers than sellers at this point.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    This just happened to me Neil. Open an unpaid item ticket and then i set my settings to automatically relist the item. Douche bags.
    Automatically reslist the item? What after X days if the individuals still hasn't paid, it'll then be automatically relisted? You weren't tempted to go down the "second chance" (?) option to offer it to the next highest bidder(s)?

Will you get hit for any additional charges?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Not a non-payer, but I just sold a bulky item on eBay, and specifically chose to list it ONLY on the UK site and deliberately did not offer an international postage option because of the cost/hassle, but for some stupid reason eBay let an Italian bid AND ULTIMATELY WIN. And now I've got to bend over backwards finding the cheapest way to ship it to Italy, I gotta fill out customs declarations and explain to someone whose first language is not English that I'm going to have to charge them more for delivery, when clearly they're struggling to understand what I'm even saying and AAARGH! Fucking not worth the hassle.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    You can mark it as a non-payer and then re-list it for free?

Or you can do second chance offer to the next highest bidder - offering it to someone who wants to pay.

I sold a GTX 590 graphics card on there last year, the first bidder couldnt' pay for some reason...it escapes me now...but someone had emailed me just a day before saying if the winning bid didn't have it, he'd love a second chance offer for the same price. I went with that...think I got rid of it for £580. The killer is the £40 ebay charge!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    You open the unpaid item case and then you can immediately close it and relist the item. Morons man. I didn't have a next highest bidder.
    Last edited by Trancelikestate; 12-Jul-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: ...