Thread: "Mob City" - Frank Darabont's new show starring John Bernthal...

Super Moderator

UK

"Mob City" - Frank Darabont's new show starring John Bernthal...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW-WF313Ljo

Have a butchers of that - I know I'll be watching this!

Apparently it'll be a bit of a TWD cast reunion - Shane, Dale, and Jim.

Formerly known as "L.A. Noir" (until the owners of the game "L.A. Noire" said they couldn't use the title), and briefly "Lost Angels" IIRC - now it's called "Mob City".

Administrator

England
    Give us a review when you've seen it please!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Yummmm....great era, great subject matter, great actors, great producer....I'm down for that! (Sounds great! )
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 14-Aug-2013 at 09:24 PM. Reason: That's the way it's gonna be, see? Ya! You dirty rat!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Jon Bernthal is the only thing that worries me about this. Hopefully under Darabont's direction he'll bring his A-game and a better performance than TWD.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Jon Bernthal is the only thing that worries me about this. Hopefully under Darabont's direction he'll bring his A-game and a better performance than TWD.
    I thought the dude kicked ass in TWD...took a character who could have come off as Snidley Whiplash & made you feel for him on some levels...

Super Moderator

UK

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I thought the dude kicked ass in TWD...took a character who could have come off as Snidley Whiplash & made you feel for him on some levels...
    Agreed. Bernthal nailed the character and was able to turn an underused character from the original comic into a richly textured semi-villain who goes from Rick's favourite bro to damn-near his killer. His arc practically owns season 2.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Bernthal was more like a Soap Opera actor in TWD. No range, annoying physical ticks, etc. Just not the same caliber of actor as everyone else. Especially Lincoln.

United States
    Bernthal was more like a Soap Opera actor in TWD. No range, annoying physical ticks, etc. Just not the same caliber of actor as everyone else. Especially Lincoln.
    I know it's an opinion & all, but were we watching the same show...?

Super Moderator

UK
    I know it's an opinion & all, but were we watching the same show...?
    Colour me confused too ... I thought Bernthal was right up there with the best of them in the show.

Each to their own, I guess - fair do's.

Ireland
    Yeh, I'm kinda getting what Bassman is on about.

He was decent in the role and all, but there were times when I wasn't so sure.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    I've come to the conclusion that nobody likes anything that anybody else likes, so it's all good.

Administrator

England
    I've come to the conclusion that nobody likes anything that anybody else likes, so it's all good.
    I don't like that comment!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    i thought bernthal did a great job on the walking dead, and am very much looking forward to this show. will be tuning in for sure.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I don't like that comment!
    And I don't like that reply!