Thread: Twenty Years...

Administrator

England

Twenty Years...

Twenty years ago today, a simple website was uploaded to the internet, called 'Fozznet' (via a 56k modem if I recall). Part of this website included the first incarnation of 'Homepage of the Dead'. Since then the site has slowly grown into something far bigger than I could ever have envisaged back then.

I hope it's proved of some interest to both ardent Romero fans or even just visitors with a casual interest. And I'd especially like to thank everyone who has helped the site in anyway in the past, and to those who continue to do so today - eg: sending in information, submitting articles, contribution fiction, or helping out on the forums (eg: setting them up and moderating). Many many thanks!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Happy Birthday HPOTD!

20 years, eh? How time flies. I have fond memories of coming here back in the DiscussionApp days (long before VBB, before the Loom version of the board, even). I remember discussing the GAR flicks feverishly with the forum folks and reading through the site as that themetune played in the background. Good times.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Happy Birthday HPOTD!

20 years, eh? How time flies. I have fond memories of coming here back in the DiscussionApp days (long before VBB, before the Loom version of the board, even). I remember discussing the GAR flicks feverishly with the forum folks and reading through the site as that themetune played in the background. Good times.
    Yeh... The forum was hosted on some free forums for a while wasn't it if I recall?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan