View Poll Results: sick of the argument????

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, f*ck it!

20 64.52%
  • No.

11 35.48%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Poll

United States

New Poll

How many of you are sick and tired of the argument "Shamblers VS Runners"????
    Zombies are zombies!!!!

United States
    I'd prefer shufflers but I'll take what I get. As fast as some of those zombies moved in Dawn 04, if some of those people had moved that fast when they were alive then would they ever have been bitten in the first place?

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    Zombies are zombies!!!!
    I am sick of the same people arguing about it, but like it or not the forum is for new people as well as old timers. People are going to continually be asking the question.

United States
    there's several topics that keep getting regurgitated

this just happens to be one of them

Canada
    all it really did was speed up the rate of infection. i prefert he slow movers myself it much more realistic. maybe in the new day remake they will be doing hurdles to.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by creepntom
    there's several topics that keep getting regurgitated

this just happens to be one of them
    This is true. My take is this..like as has been already said, this forum is for newcomers as well as old-timers. A new member of this forum may have never had the opportunity to discuss certain topics which are old hat to the rest of us. This does not make them ignornant, just curious. I suggest that we either ignore these types of threads, or add valuable insight that we as GAR experts have. Criticizing, or making too many smart ass comments (I mean, some smart ass comments just have to be made after all) does no one any good, and may discourage a newcomer to not come back to the forums.

As far as the shambler/runner argument, runners as not part of the GAR universe, and any discussion about this is just a matter of preference. Many newcomers do not even know the difference between GAR and others, so the more education newcomers get, the less repetitive topics will occur.

Just been bitten Guru ofthe Dead's Avatar

United States
    I agree with Philly and Kaos on this subject. Newcomers will be in all of the time and will post threads that some of us have alread hashed out. I personally did that with the Gorillaz. I did not have a clue that it had being discussed. Of coarse I have'nt been a forum member for very long. I have visited the site for a couple of years now. Look in the past in the guestbook and I have posted comments their. Plus we all know shamblers are the best. Also new ideas on the content must be explored even if it gets under the hardcore GAR fan like myself.
    "We gotta stay in the sticks man."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT
    This is true. My take is this..like as has been already said, this forum is for newcomers as well as old-timers. A new member of this forum may have never had the opportunity to discuss certain topics which are old hat to the rest of us. This does not make them ignornant, just curious. I suggest that we either ignore these types of threads, or add valuable insight that we as GAR experts have. Criticizing, or making too many smart ass comments (I mean, some smart ass comments just have to be made after all) does no one any good, and may discourage a newcomer to not come back to the forums.

As far as the shambler/runner argument, runners as not part of the GAR universe, and any discussion about this is just a matter of preference. Many newcomers do not even know the difference between GAR and others, so the more education newcomers get, the less repetitive topics will occur.
    I answered with my opinion because I am one of those new members who had never seen the topic before. I'm still getting used to this place so, for right now, I plan on replying only to the stuff that can be found on the first page or two of each forum.

I don't think it is such a bad idea to rehash a topic from time to time. I don't know how often this one has come up in the past two years but people can change their mind. I hated Day of the Dead when I first saw it, since I watched Dawn and Day for the very first time one right after the other. Watching those two back to back gave me a feeling of disappointment at the time. It took me several viewings, and months, to really appreciate Day.

If you drastically change your mind about something, or even change it a little, it is kind of pointless to go back and try to edit a post that you wrote several months ago. Who is ever going to read it again, especially if the thread was a few pages deep and your reply was in the middle somewhere? You'd either have to do an all new reply to the original topic saying your perspective has changed or create/reply to a new thread.

For the record, I always use the search feature before posting new topics in any forum. I'm just looking at it from the point of view of someone who rehashes an old topic.

United Kingdom
    some of the best arguments are old ones. and somtimes we get to re-argue points that can also be fun.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There is no argument. Regardless of what a few mindless people say......runners are just ridiculous. Not because they run and "they're dead" and all that....but because it takes away the entire suspense and horror aspect of it.

United Kingdom
    but in a world where the dead come alive why would it be less or more likly that they are runners or shufflers or a mix of the 2.
    And anyway I love the scene where the large women dies and then gets up and chases Ana in the dawn 04 remake.

United States
    There dead.
    There all messed up.
    Running is a cover for lack of ability to create suspense

Nut what I am sick of is
    "brain eating zombies"
    They eat guts. and eyes. and fingers and brains.
    Last edited by coma; 03-Aug-2006 at 03:50 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma
    Running is a cover for lack of ability to create suspense.
    My thoughts exactly.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    Zombies are zombies!!!!

Well Tom, you know I prefer the shamblers, but without arguements like that, what the hell else would we talk about 'round here?
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn
    Well Tom, you know I prefer the shamblers, but without arguements like that, what the hell else would we talk about 'round here?
    Ya, I was a little bored when I made the first post.....just curious as to what the reaction would be.