Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) Theatrical re-release

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) Theatrical re-release

Yep Wes Cravens horror original is coming back to theaters September 20-21 2006. Keep watching for more details
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Dead

Undisclosed
    I take it this is to coincide with the release of the Infinifilm dvd?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Good film. But I was never a huge fan of it. I'll pass.

Super Moderator

UK
    Infinifilm DVD?

Also, good flick, hope they haven't messed with it ... like replacing all the guns with walkie-frickin'-talkies!

But I was always in the Friday 13th camp rather than Freddy. Friday's sequels were infinately better than those for Nightmare (part 6 ... a killer MAP, I mean come on!).

Undisclosed
    I might watch it if i have nothing better to do.

X-box live GT: Fallenunder

My myspace is www.myspace.com/epri

http://www.thelivingdead.informe.com/
    We're dead, We're all messed up...

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    i'll watch it if there's nothing else playing that my girlfr*ahem*......I mean I want to see I want to see. The only good sequel in the series was dream warriors and it rocked.
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    Infinifilm DVD?

Also, good flick, hope they haven't messed with it ... like replacing all the guns with walkie-frickin'-talkies!

But I was always in the Friday 13th camp rather than Freddy. Friday's sequels were infinately better than those for Nightmare (part 6 ... a killer MAP, I mean come on!).
    Well first of all, what if the walkie-talkies were part of Wes Craven's orignial vision?

I do agree with you about the sequels. Although the first Nightmare was a great movie, and the next two were good (particularly Dream Warriors), the rest of the series was just a sad attempt at filmmaking from a bunch of hacks who couldn't make it on anywhere else (like Renny Harlin). The Friday the 13th sequels were bad (except for 2,4, and 6), they were mostly entertaining (except for 5).

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I love the Nightmare On Elm St series (own the boxset). I hate those of you that don't love it.

This will be cool to see in theatres.

United States
    I think the origianl NOES was an awesome film. Even though it is obvious that the special effects budget was low, Wes Craven did some amazing things with the limited budget. The mood was definately very creepy, almost scary. Of course, there were some incredibly dumb lines in it, but I love the dumb lines. My fav is when the mom is explaining what happened, it goes something like this...

"Freddy Kruger was a rotten filthy child murderer who killed a dozen kids in the neighborhood. But someone forgot to cross a T or dot an I when they arrested him. The judge got fat and the lawyers got famous, but he got off on a technacality just like that."
    Yeah, child murderers who killed a dozen kids would definately get off just like that.She continues..
    "So a bunch of us parents...."
    What, was she born a parent? She has been in a constant state of parenthood forever? So her daughter had no knowledge of a child murderer who killed 12 kids in her hometown within the last few years? Very believable.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yawn...

that film sucked then and it does now ive allways preffered friday the 13th i mean krueger used to be a good character but hes been in rap videos with the phat boys for christs sake hes just a parody of himself nowadays.

United States
    Freddy, in the first Nightmare, was badass - although they made the same mistake with him as they did with Jason and Michael in Friday/Halloween - the minute the "scary guy" in the movie becomes the main character (meaning, the camera starts following them around instead of the people in the movie), the movie becomes pure crap, period.

The best part about the first Nightmare, first Halloween and first Friday 13th is you never knew where the hell the killer was 'till he (or she in the case of first Friday) took your face off.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT
    What, was she born a parent? She has been in a constant state of parenthood forever? So her daughter had no knowledge of a child murderer who killed 12 kids in her hometown within the last few years? Very believable.
    I thought there was a deleted scene where Nancy's mom tells her that she had an older sister but Freddy killed her with other kids from the neighborhood before Nancy was born. It's moments like that that should stay in movies to avoid confusion.

Super Moderator

United States
    Meh.

What else is there to say, except where is the yawny emoticon?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT
    I think the origianl NOES was an awesome film. Even though it is obvious that the special effects budget was low, Wes Craven did some amazing things with the limited budget. The mood was definately very creepy, almost scary. Of course, there were some incredibly dumb lines in it, but I love the dumb lines. My fav is when the mom is explaining what happened, it goes something like this...

"Freddy Kruger was a rotten filthy child murderer who killed a dozen kids in the neighborhood. But someone forgot to cross a T or dot an I when they arrested him. The judge got fat and the lawyers got famous, but he got off on a technacality just like that."
    Yeah, child murderers who killed a dozen kids would definately get off just like that.She continues..
    "So a bunch of us parents...."
    People get off on crap all the time when cops f**k up their case. *cough* O.J. *cough*

Her mom was referring to the fact that they are parents now, that is usually how people talk, but also a lot of them were probably parents back then too, and Freddy was killing their kids. That is why they killed him. Maybe Nancy did have an older sibling as noted.

Her daughter, Nancy, may not have heard about Freddy because like mentioned in the sequels, the town may have tried to forget about him. It isn't something you usually want to bring up to your kids afterall.

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

United Kingdom
    hope they dont decide to re-make it,hollywood is truley running out of ideas.