Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hungry man who killed swan jailed

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England

Hungry man who killed swan jailed

Man?

The comments from this lunatic, combined with what he was actually up in court for ... leaves me with only one viable course of action ... a large fine, a good kicking, and deportation!!!

Talk sh1t, get hit!

Hungry man who killed swan jailed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/6174344.stm

capncnut
    Quote: A man who claimed he killed a swan because he was hungry on the second day of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan has been jailed for two months.

Say what? Has this guy heard of Kentucky Fried Chicken?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    why do nutters allways think saying ti was for religous beliefs will get em out fo anything?

and why is it the british treat the swan like americans do the bald eagle?, i think i heard from my grandad that its cus "there the queens birds" or some such crap, but i doubt someone could own a species.

United States
    What, no pigeons close by?

Here in the US people hunt Tundra Swan, the taste is very similar to goose (fairly sweet but greasy meat). Not too bad if it's oven cooked into a hot dish.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United States
    do you serve red or white wine with swan?

United States
    White Wine serve chilled.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    not sure why but that response and the ape in his sig go together eeirly well

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    and why is it the british treat the swan like americans do the bald eagle?, i think i heard from my grandad that its cus "there the queens birds" or some such crap, but i doubt someone could own a species.
    Mute swans in the UK are considered property of the crown, ever since the inbreds in charge of the country at that time decided it would be nice to deny yet more to the common man. These days i think the scope of ownership is limited to the south of england (this is from memory so i could be wrong).

Whatever, the guy needs punishing, and virtually everything in that article - from the killing of the swan through to the reaction by the authorities - read wrong.

Kazakhstan
    lmao! well if they aint gonna chase down foxhunters anymore they should let this guy go. it was only a swan. fair play to him for taking it down though, those things can break your arm!
    i think he must be a bit doolally tbh

Banned User

United States
    Strange. If your hungry go to the store. Seems odd to kill a swan in public. But 2 months seems extreme for just killing a swan for food.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    What, no pigeons close by?

Here in the US people hunt Tundra Swan, the taste is very similar to goose (fairly sweet but greasy meat). Not too bad if it's oven cooked into a hot dish.

I always wanted to try a swan. Sounds like it tastes simular to duck?
    Last edited by HLS; 26-Nov-2006 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    I always wanted to try a swan. Sounds like it tastes simular to duck?
    Very gristly and fatty meat I would imagine. Nah, I think I'll stick to spit-roasted Parrot thank you.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Very gristly and fatty meat I would imagine. Nah, I think I'll stick to spit-roasted Parrot thank you.
    Naaaa try alligator meat. We have a place here in KC where you can actually eat it.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    Strange. If your hungry go to the store. Seems odd to kill a swan in public. But 2 months seems extreme for just killing a swan for food.
    Go to the store???? Kentucky Fried Chicken????

You guys seem to be forgetting one little detail in those suggestions.

Uh, you need money for that. Look at the guy, he is obviously broke.

I never thought for a second while I was reading it, that man even had the means to go to the store. I took it as that was his only option for eating as he had no money or any other subsitence (sp?).

I may be dead wrong, but that is how I took it.
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Undisclosed
    'I hate the Queen, I hate this country.'"

Go home. No really, don't like it that much? Go home.

I dislike my government, but they don't kill their own citizens as often as some, and they support you as best they can when you're broke. Quite frankly, I love my country and the people in it.

That's before you get onto the unlicensed killing of animals, not using a stun gun and it being a method of sheer cruelty.
    Last edited by Dtothe3; 27-Nov-2006 at 03:19 PM.

Undisclosed
    The swan was clearly evil and needed to be destroyed...

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!