Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: could zombie's run

United Kingdom

could zombie's run

my girlfriend says that zombies can run because they have not undergone complete rigamortis and following their basic primative needs they would need to run in order to cath prey and also as walking is not innate but learnt - which they can obviously do, then what is to say they would not be able to run. If they didn't they would effectively not be able catch prey.
    HOWEVER i think they would not be able to run.... could they??
    In the End Its All Just A Gag - Charlie Chaplin

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

A word of advice.....hit the deck and cover your head. Here they come.....

Search, man. Search.

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    I have a message for your GF, but i seem to have "accidently" misplaced her phone number, can you do me a favour and forward this on from me please?

SHUT UP GIRL, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!! ZOMBIES DON'T RUN! K? L8R!! XxX

Undisclosed
    could zombie's run...

... yes, let's make them face the upcoming Dead remakes, and they will run away because the shame.
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe View Post
    I have a message for your GF, but i seem to have "accidently" misplaced her phone number, can you do me a favour and forward this on from me please?

SHUT UP GIRL, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!! ZOMBIES DON'T RUN! K? L8R!! XxX

Right on bro. Zombies should not run. It does not take long for rigamortis to set in anyways, and of course their bodies are rotting. There is only so much a rotting corpse can do. The rotting may be slowed somewhat but there is no way they can run. But that is my opinion.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouldy View Post
    my girlfriend says that zombies can run because they have not undergone complete rigamortis and following their basic primative needs they would need to run in order to cath prey and also as walking is not innate but learnt - which they can obviously do, then what is to say they would not be able to run. If they didn't they would effectively not be able catch prey.
    HOWEVER i think they would not be able to run.... could they??
    Maybe, but they could not run FASTER than when they were alive.
    The fact that a girl wants to talk about zombies at all makes me tingle in my funny parts
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    In Return of the Living Dead they could run.

And they did.

Undisclosed
    The fact that a girl wants to talk about zombies at all makes me tingle in my funny parts[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way...

Anywayz I just thought zombies didn't run as running requires more skill, dexterity and body control...some of these corpses have been dead a while, 3 -5 mins without oxygen = being fed with a tube and someone wiping your ass (no disrespct intended)

Zombies are more powerfull in mass numbers, if i saw just one zombie walking down the street apart from needing to change my underwear I would not think it would be to much hassle to take down just a flying boot to its guts then you stove its head in with an iron bar, house brick. (Not that i carry these things with me or living on a housing estate) ((Trailer park for any yanks reading this))

Same goes for firearms shooting one zombie ain't much of a prob but face ten then you better hope you have enough ammo and accuracy
    Your ignorance is exceeded only by your charm, Captain. How can we expect them to behave if we act barbarically ourselves

Undisclosed

Thumbs up whu?

dude they probably shiiit their pants and their capable of running?

dont think so bro,which brings me to my next question,
    can zombies shiiit?

"instead of pickin out peanuts their pickin out teeth!

England
    Gouldy you know that you girlfriend has no idea about zombies even tho shes a lovely young lass. I think the people on the forum arnt just overpowering her but are right! The fact is they cant run!! END OF

United States
    I guess the bottom line to this question (which has been discussed ad nauseum here in the past) is what you believe zombies can do, and what you consider the "bible" of zombie actions. As far as we know, the dead can not rise like in the movies, so we can never know for a fact what zombies can and can not do. So what we all choose to believe is just a matter of our own opinion. My personal philosophy is this....I enjoy the "GAR universe" of zombie behavior, therefore I believe they can not run. Seeing as this is a site that, according to the introduction on the front page is:
    This site is dedicated to the horror films comprising the George A. Romero "Dead" series of films, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead and Land of the Dead.
    and seeing that I chose to come here because of my love for those films, the basis of discussion here should be that zombies cant run. I am surprised that so many members here feel that zombies can run. Discussion of "real life" physiological realities can be fun, however, seeing as we do not know what happens to a zombies body when they re-animate, we can not know what they would and would not be capable of. The only thing we have to go on is the films themselves, and in Romero's films, for whatever reason, logical or not, zombies can not run. Whether explained satisfactorily or not, a GAR zombie can not run. Can Dawn04 zombies run? Yes. But they are not part of the Romero universe. Someone could make a movie where zombies want to break into ballet stores, put on pink tutus, and perform Swan Lake in the middle of the street, causing nationwide traffic problems. Would zombies actually behave that way? There is no way to know. In mind they cant, but in my mind, zombies follow the GAR rules. Within the "Zombie Swan Lake" universe, they can.

So I think that the very simple answer to the question "can zombies run"? in that it depends on what you believe, and within what group are you having this discussion. On the HPOTD, it should be accepted that zombies cant run.

United States
    I think DJ got it right in Deadlands how they can run when they're fresh but very soon after they can't.

That sounds about right.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Look people,

They either can or they can't. No two ways about it! No such thing as they can, but later on they can't!

As we all know, GAR invented them (zombie flesheaters) ... and GAR has gone "on the record" multiple times and has clearly stated time and time again that they can NOT run.

When you people get this through your thick skulls?

If someone later re-wrote the bible, word for word, and replaced god with a mutant spider, and changed all the angels into flys, and then had god eat them all at the end ... would it still be the bible?

United States
    Although I used to think that running was a possiblity, especially during the time period immediately after initail death, I have changed my mind. The lack of oxygen to the brain damages the body's capacity to normally funtion, and after considering this, I have now been convinced.

Damn you, Dawn 2004!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe View Post
    If someone later re-wrote the bible, word for word, and replaced god with a mutant spider, and changed all the angels into flys, and then had god eat them all at the end ... would it still be the bible?
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    Someone could make a movie where zombies want to break into ballet stores, put on pink tutus, and perform Swan Lake in the middle of the street, causing nationwide traffic problems. Would zombies actually behave that way? There is no way to know. In mind they cant, but in my mind, zombies follow the GAR rules. Within the "Zombie Swan Lake" universe, they can.
    I think that the fact that you and I had to use such rediculous example says alot about the whole "zombies can run" idea.