Thread: Plaga Zombie: Zona Mutante

Being Attacked

Undisclosed

Plaga Zombie: Zona Mutante

Plaga Zombie: Zona Mutante

Directed by: Pablo Parés, Hernán Sáez
    Staring: Berta Muñiz, Pablo Parés, Hernán Sáez
    In Spanish with English subtitles.

I consider myself something of a risk taker when it comes to buying DVDs of movies I have never heard of. My logic being I would pay about the same amount going to the theatre and that’s just for tickets to get in. So when I stumbled onto Plaga Zombie: Zona Mutante (PZ: ZM) I was intrigued to say the least.

A production from Argentina, PZ: ZM is a mind-blowing exercise in creativity and inspired mayhem. This can easily fit a triple bill with Bad Taste, and Dead and Breakfast. Not as good as the former but much better than the latter PZ: ZM is, for lack of a more fitting word, INSANE. The movie wastes no time recapping events that take place in Plaga Zombie (the predecessor to this film which is included on the disc) and it’s really not necessary. All you need to know is the Government ****ed up, created zombies and dumps the survivors: A medical student, a professional wrestler (with his own theme music!) a computer geek and another in a body bag that can’t be opened, into the infected town full of nothing but zombies.

Within minutes the chaos ensues and you know exactly what kind of move this is: ridiculous, over the top, kinetic and completely unpredictable. As with most movies of this type (the over the top, low budget zombie comedy) the humor comes fast and furious and not all of it works. But when it does, it’s laugh out loud hilarious. Thankfully this happens to be quite more often than not.

The running time of 100 minutes is a bit long for a movie of it’s kind but just when I thought, “Ok let’s move o…” something new would happen spinning the action in a totally different direction.

I highly recommend this for fans of the sub sub-genre, gore freaks, and fans of independent horror movies. It’s a blast from start to finish. This is the kind of movie that shows what a true love for the genre and of making movies is capable of.

8/10
    Last edited by N2NOther; 30-Nov-2006 at 06:04 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    jhon west is the ****

capncnut
    I'm gonna have to keep my eye out for this one.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    youve never heard of it?, damn this is like uber-old news, ive been posting links and vids for ages, especially the jhon west singalong bit ,yeah people were freaked but i love it