Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More trouble for Sony?....

Undisclosed

More trouble for Sony?....

I was visiting the PS3 forums on Gamespot....cause I was curious as to what the die hard sony fans were saying....

And they say some truely bizarre things.... "If PS3 fails ...console gaming as a whole fails"...."If PS3 fails Ill probally never play on a console again"....

They are wierdos...lol....

*shrugs* A decent portion of them seem relatively content in owning all three systems....

But anyway....heres the "More trouble for Sony?" part...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=150186

Kutaragi steps aside for new Sony boss
    Last edited by Terran; 30-Nov-2006 at 10:55 AM.

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

capncnut
    Ah, good ol' Kaz Hirai, the most truthful and honest businessman the world ever saw. A perfect man for a perfect console.

I'm placing my bets for two, maybe three years tops, know what I mean?

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, the end of console gaming if P$3 alone fails? pfft, don't be so farking stupid whoever-said-it-on-those-forums-guy.

Sega dropped out of console gaming and we're still playing consoles today, if Sony fails it'll mean the end of Sony in the console wars, or at the very least the Playstation. Console gaming would continue, it's far too big an industry - which is in great demand - to stop or be stopped, ha!

If Sony fails all it will mean is bad consequences for Sony, it'll mean Sony got too big for their boots and handled the situation terribly, the sheer corporate arrogance they have displayed in the last couple of years in regards to the P$3 is just astonishing on its own.

Undisclosed
    Yeah I told them that comments like that were stupid....

Because if anything Sony would likely maintain a gaming division to produce their exclusive titles... or in another senario sell off their gaming division to another company so someone else woudl own teh franchises...

But the funniest things ...the game franchises some of these people mentioned were not even Sony.... they mentioned Tekken, Soul Caliber, and Metal Gear.... And I was like Jeeze guys.... Tekken & Soul Caliber both Namco and existed before sony.... Metal Gear=Konami ....

If you ever want a laugh go to PS3 forums...any time bad news surfaces about Sony or the PS3....they say stuff like "Oh no...horrible news for the gaming industry"..."Gamers of the world suffer" ...blah blah blah...

Ugggg!!! This sounds really bad for Sony.....

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=758390

But I doubt fans on both sides can really understand it....
    Last edited by Terran; 30-Nov-2006 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, I got the jist - basically, Sony's processor is inferior...I duno why they don't just roll over and give up and join Sega on the unemployment line ... or well, at least the line where they don't build consoles anymore.

And if Sony drops out of the console racket - who (if it happens) will take their place and what will they bring to the table?

England
    If sony fail,i just hope microsoft doesnt start pulling a smug face because i really dont like them either

Super Moderator

UK
    Agreed, as long as M$ keep the smug off their face they'll do alright, corporate arrogance is a big customer turn off.

United States

R.i.p. Ps3 ?

I was going to wait to purchase a ps3 for at least a year ... I had a xbox a few years ago , and ps2 . I gave my xbox1 to a friend in Florida , he had lost his in Hurricane Charlie 04...I dont miss the xbox1 , just the content of the games ...I hated the controler . Now the ps2 slimline runs really well , I had an original ps2 , it backed up during San Andreas regularly .I like the playstation controller design much better than xbox . I have just always liked Sony , but every dog has its day . I am still gonna wait this out 'till the dust settles , I have better things to do w/ my $ right now .If I was going to get anything , it would be a xbox 360 , it comes highly recomended by some other games enthusiasts here .I get them based on the games , but you find out later that Doom3 ( have the pc) or soon to be released Half Life 2 are for the 360 ... I will give ps2 props for Return to Castle Wolfenstien , Area 51 , San Andreas, Half Life , and Black . I loved those games . Lets see what happens ...
    Last edited by DVW5150; 30-Nov-2006 at 04:45 PM.
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

England
    Images like this of captain smug himself just aint selling it to me,no matter how good it claims to be

capncnut
    Is it just me or does Gatesy look angelic in that pic?

Quote Originally Posted by DVW5150 View Post
    I like the playstation controller design much better than xbox...

If I was going to get anything , it would be a xbox 360 , it comes highly recomended by some other games enthusiasts here .I get them based on the games , but you find out later that Doom3 ( have the pc) or soon to be released Half Life 2 are for the 360...
    When you get to grips with the new controller, oh the joy! As for Half Life 2 on the 360, just you wait until Mass Effect. It'll blow it right out of the water!
    Last edited by capncnut; 30-Nov-2006 at 11:19 PM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Is it just me or does Gatesy look angelic in that pic?

When you get to grips with the new controller, oh the joy! As for Half Life 2 on the 360, just you wait until Mass Effect. It'll blow it right out of the water!
    I liked the Xbox controller.....well at least the smaller version that they eventually included with systems...

United States
    360>Wii> um Neo Geo Color>Game buy DS>PSP>PS2>Dreamcast>PS3

in the level of coolness factor.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    360>Wii> um Neo Geo Color>Game buy DS>PSP>PS2>Dreamcast>PS3

in the level of coolness factor.
    BLASPHEMY! The DreamCast should be at the top.

Undisclosed

Even more bad news?!!

Dang man....even japanese analysts are starting to predict bad times for Sony in gaming....
    Analyst: "I cannot imagine a PlayStation 4"
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6162560...stnews;title;1

capncnut
    As much as I want to believe that $ony will go the same was as Sega, I still think it's a little too early to tell. I would definitely scream a "serves you right" if the P$3 had to quit the console race.

If $ony buggered off, I'd imagine Sega would want another crack at the title.