4 21.05%
  • Tony Jaa

3 15.79%
  • Bruce Lee

9 47.37%
  • Jet Li

3 15.79%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's the toughest martial arts star?

capncnut

Who's the toughest martial arts star?

Here's the deal, I'm a big fan of martial arts. I love everything from the big blockbusters right down to crappy zero budget turds. Obviously my favourite martial artist is Bruce Lee but there seems to be a new guy on the block, Tony Jaa. After seeing Ong Bak and The Warrior King, I have now come to the conclusion that this guy would actually kick Bruce Lee's ass in a fantasy match up. I mentioned this to a friend of mine who said "nah, Jet Li would kick both their asses!" As you can imagine, I called him every name under the sun.

So this poll has nothing to do with who your favourite martial artist is but more who you believe is the toughest.
    Last edited by capncnut; 16-Dec-2006 at 05:23 PM.

Banned User

United States
    I herd of Tony but i have not seen his stuff yet. I would like to. I like Jet Lee or how ever his name is written. I am not sure of the spelling. Fearless was an awesome movie. I loved Hero as well.

I know for sure I can tell you the worst. The worst martial art star is by far that french guy Jean Claude or what ever. Steven Segal is a close second. Chuck Norris I just find annoying.

Super Moderator

UK
    Not that martial arts are my thing, I voted Bruce Lee. The dude seemed like a hard bastard, Jackie Chan is also tough, but a bit too gimmicky. Lee on the otherhand, you think that if you were in a fight with him you'd be dead in 2 seconds flat.

Kazakhstan
    tony jaa. ong bak blew me away, i couldnt face taking it back to the video shop so i never went back

totally brutal. you can't really convey how hard that man is in words. hard and agile - that market scene, i couldnt believe what i was seeing, it's like real life matrix stuff - no wire work, cgi or stunt doubles?!

jaa is jah, no disrespect to bruce.

chan the man is a superhuman clown who can take serious punishment & risks and is no doubt hard, but he'd get creamed by tony or bruce. jet li is a bloody ballet dancer who learned to throw punches at some point, his films send me to sleep, lamping someone and then moonwalking off and doing a pirouette or whatever...
    Last edited by _liam_; 16-Dec-2006 at 06:17 PM.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    jaa is jah, no disrespect to bruce.
    Damn straight, here's a taster for all those not in the know. Warning - contains violence.

Anyway, back to the poll.
    Last edited by capncnut; 16-Dec-2006 at 06:53 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Bruce Lee was an athlete, not a particulary great fighter. Jet Li is an acrobat, not a particulary great fighter. Jackie Chan is a stuntman/athlete. And I dare say he's the "toughest" of them all, and in a match I think he'd win. But Tony Jaa might as well. Only seen Ong Bak once, and it sucked.

If Mike Tyson or Muhammed Ali can be counted as stars, though, I'd put my money on them in a fight. And if we can count ANY martial artists, I'm sure there are loads of MMA fighters that can bend any of those four up there backwards without breaking a sweat.
    Last edited by EvilNed; 16-Dec-2006 at 07:59 PM.

Undisclosed
    Jackie Chan. Been around as long as Bruce. And does his own stunts.

United States
    SONNY CHEEBA, beyotches!
    Jet Li is overrated
    Bruce Lee was great, but I like Sonny's movies a lot more
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    SONNY CHEEBA, beyotches!
    *rocks out to the Street Fighter theme*
    Last edited by capncnut; 17-Dec-2006 at 05:32 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    *rocks out to the Street Fighter theme*
    Oh yeah.
    I never saw Jet Li rip off someones nuts then show it to them!
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    Damn, I should've put Chiba up on that list! *poses menacingly while making choking noises*

Undisclosed
    Well since we arent talking about who would win in a fight....the toughest would have to be Jackie Chan....no matter how goofy and benign he appears hes definitely the toughest/craziest of the bunch....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Banned User

United States
    I love jackie Chan. I hear he broke almost every bone at some point in his film making career. I saw an interview where some scenes he had to shoot from a wheel chair for he injured himself. He is cool. he can kick ass and be comical.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

United States
    Ok, for all of you that voted anything besides Bruce Lee, I don't know how to put this, but...

You're wrong.

Bruce Lee's Jeet-kune-do is one of the greatest philosophies of martial arts ever created, it actually relies on real combat situations rather than proper martial arts fights.

I mean, **** the man could send a guy flying with his one-inch punch, he did it at a martial arts exhibition, not a movie. The guy was FAST too, he'd deliver 3-5 punches in the time it'd take someone else to throw one. The only person on that entire list that would give him a run for his money would be Tony Jaa, because that guy's awesome too, I was in total awe when I watched Ong Bak as well.

Jackie Chan's just a really showey escape artist and Jet Li's a ****ing joke.

Therefore I have to go with Bruce, although Mike's post does have a lot of merit as well

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007