Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Zombie TV show coming...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    Point exactly Dexter sucks and i still dont get why people are all hard over arrested development,if your a true zombie fan you can sense garbage a mile away!!!!

Example most of us sense bull**** just by the covers of "some" movies,thats just one example!!!
    I can understand if you've seen a trailer and say that it sucks, (see Day remake) but to say that it sucks based PURELY off of a description that a user posted is downright ignorant.

What do you mean Dexter sucks? I haven't found a single show that I couldn't wait to watch the rest of lately besides that one (I spent a few nights staying up till 4 in the morning watching it on demand).

But you know, that's a matter of opinion on my part, bashing on Arrested Development is just pure heresy. That's one of the most intelligent comedy shows made recently. It isn't just some processed garbage that you mostly see put out there. If you want that I'm sure theres some show on the WB that just came out that can satisfy that. But actually, I suppose somebody that can judge a show based solely on a description (note that I didn't say it was gonna be amazing or anything), as well as someone that believes that if you're a true zombie genre fan you have some sort of special ability to see into the future could potentially lack the mental capacity to get the jokes on Arrested Development.

If that's the case then I'm very sorry... Not for what I said, just for you.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Undisclosed
    I'm sorry ...Maitreya I don't know if you were speaking to me or not ... but there is NOTHING on Network television that even comes close to grabbing my imagination and makes me want to watch...absolutely nothing... it's like these network writers dig up something thats post popularity, throw a new list of characters and some spin on another show and release it as an "all new comedy treat" or some lame duck Lawyer show or ANOTHER police investigation soap opera ....theres no originality left on "prime time"

Reality shows that are just plain tired and should be traded for simplistic sitcoms just permiate the "cable lines"... it's pathetic what some folks view as entertainment...no offense to you or your tastes...your entitled to your opinions..if you like specific shows thats great ..no worries , I'm not bustin anyones chops for that ...

but for me ...spark my freakin imagination ...excite me ...make me want to flip on the tube and sit back for an hour or more..
    Dead Like Me was probably the best new show to hit the cable network in years and it was killed after 2 seasons ... shameful...something with imagination, drama (lite, mind you), comedy & the macabre all wrapped up in one package...THAT entertained me ...Masters of Horror, though in my opinion, weaker than last season is still entertaining...
    I tried Dexter, but it just didn't cut it for me ... I'd rather watch nova ... or hell...even Most Haunted ...just to get a kick out of Derek Acorahs antics ....
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

United States
    I was talking to Dead Beat actually, you were just saying what you thought it could turn out like based on the post rather than just reading the thing and flat out saying, "it's gonna suck, there's no way it's gonna be good".

But to you, have you seen Arrested Development? It was so cleverly written. It's a shame it got cancelled, but then again most intelligent shows are as people don't want to have to think, even if it's just a little bit. They want the same recycled jokes over and over again...

It's a pity really, but I'd strongly recommend picking up the first season from Blockbuster, it's an incredibly funny show.

Undisclosed
    A zombie TV show.... I don't like the idea, but it could have potential. It'll most likely turn out to be rubbish.

capncnut
    *sighs*

Undisclosed

Thumbs down r u still talking?

Quote Originally Posted by Maitreya View Post
    I was talking to Dead Beat actually, you were just saying what you thought it could turn out like based on the post rather than just reading the thing and flat out saying, "it's gonna suck, there's no way it's gonna be good".

But to you, have you seen Arrested Development? It was so cleverly written. It's a shame it got cancelled, but then again most intelligent shows are as people don't want to have to think, even if it's just a little bit. They want the same recycled jokes over and over again...

It's a pity really, but I'd strongly recommend picking up the first season from Blockbuster, it's an incredibly funny show.
    You know the more you talk the more you just reveal what a fricken yuppie you are, its people like you that have killed anything that was ever good out there and like to jump on the band wagon any chance possible until its no longer hip and feed of the next herd.
    "Leaving the diehards feeling violated"!

You will not see my view so i am not going to bother arguing with you,by the way attacking my opions and thoughts isnt very mature either!

You do not have to like my opions but they are mine,and i will still believe in them even if some dude who probably thinks blink 182 is a punk band doesn't agree!

btw: Do us all a favor and don't use your picture for your avatar buddy!!

Norway
    I think it would be cooler with a tv series about people trying to survive in a zombie world, with lots of focus on characters like that Lost tv show.
    I will watch this comedy drama show if I get the chance but most likely its total crap with no respect or love for the zombie genre at all.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Maitreya View Post

I caught an episode or two ( I do have a 15 year old who watches network tele) but it didn't catch my attention too strongly...might be worth renting just for $hits'n-giggles....
    As far as the Zombie based TV show(I'll have to see this before i judge it) ... I'm all for one, ...if it's done right... no new takes on it though, get fan input ...and put out something that will bring new interest to the genre & thrill the current fans ....forget the MTV style filming, with the shaky camera ... forget the OC plotlines and give me something tangible and ...I'll tune in.... ohhh and forget the "beautiful people" ...that crap is getting old ... perfect skin & perfect bods everywhere is just not realistic ... why can't producers & film makers alike get this through their skulls ... real "looking" people & convincing acting is what brings reality to a film or Television show... not 90210 looks and poor dialogue....

geez do I sound a little cynical ???? LOL...sorry ain't been much on the tube worth watching as of late ...
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    I think it would be cooler with a tv series about people trying to survive in a zombie world, with lots of focus on characters like that Lost tv show.
    I will watch this comedy drama show if I get the chance but most likely its total crap with no respect or love for the zombie genre at all.
    I agree. Character disagreements are what drive the zombie genre. A mini-series based on the "Walking Dead" graphic novels would be ****ing EPIC.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    You know the more you talk the more you just reveal what a fricken yuppie you are, its people like you that have killed anything that was ever good out there and like to jump on the band wagon any chance possible until its no longer hip and feed of the next herd.
    "Leaving the diehards feeling violated"!

You will not see my view so i am not going to bother arguing with you,by the way attacking my opions and thoughts isnt very mature either!

You do not have to like my opions but they are mine,and i will still believe in them even if some dude who probably thinks blink 182 is a punk band doesn't agree!
    You never cease to amaze. First you can predict how good a show's going to be automatically without having seen anything about it aside from a post, and now you know what I think about music without me having mentioned anything about my musical tastes in this thread.

You can also tell what kind of a person I am? Wow, you must be good, why don't you go into the f*cking psychic business?

btw: Do us all a favor and don't use your picture for your avatar buddy!!
    I'll set my avatar to what I damn well please, and if you have a problem with it you can feel free to go f*ck yourself

United States

Whew!

Is it getting hot in here or is it just me?

Undisclosed

Unhappy ooh...

Don't worry professor he is just a tempered little boy,no need for anyone to jump off the handle.....he just needs more life experiences before he can get into an adult conversation.

So i am done entertaining him and now i will move on to the next thread..

United States
    TV is like a lava lamp
    with only slightly better audio

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    Oh, god NO! This will try to be a combination of The Omega Man and Return of the Living Dead Part II, and it might not fail! Oh, kill me now!

The only way there could be a good zombie themed TV show is if HBO or Showtime did a mini-series based on The Walking Dead graphic novels. That would be cool, because they could do an episode for each volume.
    TOTALLY AGREE!

Or a mini-serie based on World war Z, Containment, Reign of the dead, Autumn, etc, etc

WHY the tv producers don't make a good zombie series like Lost??

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    cus youd have to pay for lots of extras per episode, and its easy to just make a lame show about a small group on an isolated location that they cant escape and add a midly annoying cliff-hanger orientated plot.
    the same could be said for jericho.