Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M. Night Shamaylan's "The Green Effect"

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Unbreakable - I actually liked this one.
    I agree, it was the only film of his that I was actually able to sit and watch in it's entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Capn - this new Halloween theme is pretty cool man, anyway...
    Damn straight, that old out of tune piano twists my head up every time I hear it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CornishCorpse View Post
    The guy who directed Dawn 04 I think is meant to be directing, I read it on some BR site a while back. Already the plot is screwed enough that it will not be a class of students, but a group of young offenders taken from a young offenders insitute and used in the game.
    That kind of defeats the idea of Battle Royale, that normal kids are thrown into a violent do or die situation. I would expect nothing less than totally missing the point from the asswipes who made DOTD04.

Btw, Battle Royale was originally a manga, so is it really a remake or just another readaptation?

I loved Unbreakable. I think its one of the best superhero movies ever made. I have liked most of his movies. They are original and entertaining. Didnt see the village though or the newer one. I will eventually.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by CornishCorpse View Post
    The guy who directed Dawn 04 I think is meant to be directing, I read it on some BR site a while back. Already the plot is screwed enough that it will not be a class of students, but a group of young offenders taken from a young offenders insitute and used in the game.
    Zack Snyder is doing the Battle Royale remake? You gotta be s**ting me right? How many more movies is this little terrorist gonna f**k up?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Zack Snyder is doing the Battle Royale remake? You gotta be s**ting me right? How many more movies is this little terrorist gonna f**k up?
    He's only f*cked up one so far(Dawn04). I haven't seen "300" so that's still in the air.

He still has a good distance to go in order to catch up with Boll and Anderson's f*ck ups.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Zack Snyder hates our freedom!
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post

btw: I thank M. Night for one thing. That he's not remaking anything! In this day and age, that's a good thing.

my whole point exactly, sure you know theres a big twist that'll be obvious during the second viewing but its origional and entertaining, his movies are like an ep of the outer limits, only longer and sure i aint his biggest fan id welcome the green effect than a freakin' battle royale remake.

Kazakhstan
    liam: In the book the aliens were killed by bacteria (in the air, like in the films), it didn't specifically say anywhere that it was the year-around cold. The main-character might have speculated on it, but he was by no means an authority on the subject.

btw: I thank M. Night for one thing. That he's not remaking anything! In this day and age, that's a good thing.
    ah might have to read that one again, been about 10 years. what i meant though was that the spielberg movie seemed to suggest that the aliens arrived on this planet which is basically engulfed by & teeming with micro organisms, and thats what killed them, rather than just bacteria or whatever. i thought that was a nice slice of sci fi brain candy, id never really visualised the earth as this suffocating cloud of life before.

shymalan dont do remakes? ever see carnival of souls - all i could think of during the sixth sense...
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I don't think Carnival of Souls and The Sixth Sense were that alike. But it was a long time ago since I saw any of them. The rest though are mainly original pieces of work. I usually enjoy them alot during the first run. And hellsing, I like your comparison to The Twilight Zone. I would definetly not mind M. Night reviving that show, btw...

As for Battle Royale, it was a novel before it was a manga or a film. So it complicates things even further.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's how it happened in the novel. And the original film. I bet MORE people would be pissed at Spielberg if he actually changed the ending, than the angry people who had never read the novel.
    That's exactly what I tell my friends when they bring up the ending. Then they go "yeah, I guess you're right."

Undisclosed
    Sorry to break the news about Snyder but it could just be a rumour and I hope that it is, the BR remake seems to be a adaptation rather than a remake. Only hope Snyder has if he goes from the book word for word..anyone read it? Thats it my top 10 books, along with I am legend blatantly.

Btw the manga is sh** hot.
    Why arent you laughing?

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Shayamalan

Shyamalan is a complete fraud.

After his first few films failed he decided to steal the powerful twist from Jacob's Ladder and build the plot of The Sixth Sense around it. He then made a half-decent movie Unbreakable to partly redeem himself only to then go on and make crap after crap after crap each one even worse than the last.

How he is still paid to do this for a living is beyond me.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    As for Battle Royale, it was a novel before it was a manga or a film. So it complicates things even further.
    And the manga, or so I read, its more faithful to the book, and expands a little bit on the characters, and way waaaaaaaay more violent.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    since neils been posting tons of links form there ive been scoping out aintitcool.com and theres an article on this film, now apparently called "the happening" and it says.

"Ok - just finished the script. This has the potential to be the best film M Night has made."

"If you've ever seen NO BLADE OF GRASS - combine that to the premise of something like Stephen King's THE CELL - and you're heading in the direction that this movie goes in."

heres the full article, i think this will bring peoples respect for shamylan back and im really looking forward to this one.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31785

capncnut
    I'll see what the reviews are like before I see this. I mean, it sounds good but then again, it always does at first.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i think the basic drafts online somwere im gonna look it up, so far it doesnt sound too bad.