Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do kid's friends still go on holiday with their friend's parents?

Administrator

England

Do kid's friends still go on holiday with their friend's parents?

I remember when I was a kid I went on holiday with my mate and his parents, and likewise a couple of times were took one of my mates on holiday with us.

I think this is/was a VERY good thing, but I suspect it's happening less and less now with parent becoming more and more over protective?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Spain
    It's a very interesting post. In Spain I could say that never we did this. This is a wonderful thing. It's true that the parents are very protective today. The children can know more things if they live with other boys.

United States
    I never did this as a kid. The only time we went on "vacation" ( we go on vacation in the States, not holiday ) with others was with other family members, like my Aunt and cousin.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm relatively young fella and we used to do this. In fact, out of all the trips I've been on(alot), I think only one was with just my family.

Kazakhstan
    never did this, but quite a few of my mates did. maybe my mates parents thought i was a bit weird
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Spain
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    never did this, but quite a few of my mates did. maybe my mates parents thought i was a bit weird
    With your long hair and heavy's clothes, you afraid to their parents!!! (joke)

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by Huescacho View Post
    i wouldnt be suprised heheheh
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    I never did this as a kid. The only time we went on "vacation" ( we go on vacation in the States, not holiday ) with others was with other family members, like my Aunt and cousin.
    yes, yes and yes.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United Kingdom
    I went on holiday with my best friend and her parents when I was 11 (this was 10 years ago mind) and I used to go on holiday with my ex and his parents when we were teenagers.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Huescacho View Post
    Girlffriend's Fathers hated me before I even opened my mouth!
    One actually said
    "Do you know how to do anything besides grow your hair?" Whatta dick.

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Girlffriend's Fathers hated me before I even opened my mouth!
    One actually said

yes, i remember the first time i went to my g/f's house, i was pretty drunk and high, her dad opened the door, looked at me swaying there with my bright red eyes, and just gave me this look that could curdle milk. it's all good now though.

THE LEISURE HIVE

United Kingdom
    Lmao. Was that just before we got together??

Apparently he likes you now though, so it's all good
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Spain
    The parents of my first girlfriend, was of a country of Spain with a very close mind (Galicia). It was like in caricatures of some places in the South of Usa. They hated me because I was very "modern" for them!. Thank to God for cut this relationship!...

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    That's nothing, I had one ex's father intimidate me by saying, "Look at you, I'll tie your hair to the back of my bumper and drive you down the street, you little girl." Real nasty stuff. A few months later he had a stroke and was wheelchair bound. My ex g/f used to care for him and fed him, etc. Whenever she was out the room I'd give him the finger with a smirk and I could see in his eyes that he was desperate to say something back but couldn't. Talk about sweet revenge.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    That's nothing, I had one ex's father intimidate me by saying, "Look at you, I'll tie your hair to the back of my bumper and drive you down the street, you little girl." Real nasty stuff. A few months later he had a stroke and was wheelchair bound. My ex g/f used to care for him and fed him, etc. Whenever she was out the room I'd give him the finger with a smirk and I could see in his eyes that he was desperate to say something back but couldn't. Talk about sweet revenge.
    Cruel but Cool

I had a GF when I was 16. She was sitting on her bed, I was on a chair. The door was open. Not hiding or even near each other. Her asshole Dad walks in, yells at me to leave. Turns out after I left
    He Punched her in the eye!
    Thats just creepy. Not just the violence, but the implied incestuous jealousy. ICK

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers