Thread: Some good news for once

capncnut

Some good news for once

Just got this from No. 10:

Thank you for signing the petition on the No.10 website calling for the maintenance of the Red Arrows. It is a sign of the place they hold in the national affections that so many people have joined you in signing it - one of the highest numbers since the e-petition service began. That's why I wanted to reply personally. It's also why I am replying before the petition officially closes, in order to reassure people who are clearly concerned.

I am pleased to be able to give you good news. There are no plans to change the funding for the Red Arrows, let alone to disband them.

It is important, of course, that the MOD looks at the full range of its spending plans as part of its routine financial planning, to ensure that taxpayers' money is spent where our Armed Forces most need it. Obviously it is this review which prompted fears that the Red Arrows might be scrapped.

However, like you, the Government recognises just what an important role the Red Arrows play in our national life. As the world's premier aerobatic team, they have thrilled millions of spectators over many years. I was lucky enough to see their extraordinary skills myself only last year at the Farnborough Air Show.

More importantly, the Red Arrows have maintained public support for the Royal Air Force, encouraged recruitment, acted as ambassadors for Britain in the world and promoted British industry for many years. So I am pleased to assure you that this government fully intends to keep the Red Arrows flying.

Thank you for signing this petition, and I hope you get a chance to see the Red Arrows yourself soon.

Yours sincerely,
    Tony Blair

Undisclosed
    so you and tony are pals then cap

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    What are the Red Arrows?.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    What are the Red Arrows?.
    As the world's premier aerobatic team, they have thrilled millions of spectators over many years.

Quote Originally Posted by fartpants View Post
    so you and tony are pals then cap
    Like f**k I am.
    Last edited by capncnut; 12-Apr-2007 at 04:12 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Wow that's really cool! Looks like the dogfights from Homeworld.

England
    Yeah i got that email as well,common sense has prevailed!
    No doubt "bliar" will want them airborne for when he retires this summer though

United States

Red Arrows Rock !

Spot on man ! They are sooo cool .
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Bliar
    lol

United Kingdom
    Saw the Red Arrows last year at Whitby they are fantastic, I hadn't heard anything about this but I am glad they are not getting rid of em.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
    Saw the Red Arrows last year at Whitby they are fantastic, I hadn't heard anything about this but I am glad they are not getting rid of em.
    Well at least it's something, you get the feeling there's far too much desecration/killing off of the best of British, you really do ... oh, and we got Aston Martin back from Ford, so that's another one! ... still though, bottom of the haystack, my friend...

Undisclosed
    still wouldn't live anywhere else though

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye, as much as I'm depressed by the state of this country, I couldn't really imagine myself living elsewhere. My family's here, I like the way we do TV over here, it's what I'm used to, the climate is alright and suchlike...plus I'm really lazy...but the fact you put some actual thought into 'how could I leave the country?' as a result of the state of it, is a scary thought.