Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slightly alarming dream! (UPDATED!)

Administrator

England

Exclamation Slightly alarming dream! (UPDATED!)

We have the problem of a cat 'spraying' in our kitchen at the moment. There's a cat flap in the outside kitchen door so we're not sure if it's one of our cats, or if another cat is coming in.

In an attempt to resolve this question, I've setup a laptop in the kitchen with a webcam and some motion detection software to try and catch the phantom pee'er!

Anyway, last night was the first night of the monitoring. I left the system running and the kitched light on so the system could get clear video.

In my dreams I saw us watching the footage from the previous night and seeing a couple of clips of the cats moving around the kitchen. Then a couple of clips seemingly where nothing was happening. It became obvious though that in these clips the reason motion was detected was not because there was motion in the kitchen but that the videos showed something just outside the cat flap. moving. We could just see the movement outside in the dark, in the clips.

We continued watching the clips and then in one the cat flap slowly opened, and a hand, and then an arm, started to come through. The arm slowly started moving up the inside the door. It was trying to get up to the key half way up the door near the handle. The arm reached its limit coming through the cat flap. It looked almost human but there was something odd about it. Then it started stetching - the actual arm itself was unaturaly streching - to make up the shortfall to the key. The clip then ended.

Another few clips were recorded seemingly of nothing, but we then noticed that the reason motion had been detected was because of shadows on the kitchen floor from something sizable moving slightly out of shot in the kitchen.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    We continued watching the clips and then in one the cat flap slowly opened, and a hand, and then an arm, started to come through. The arm slowly started moving up the inside the door. It was trying to get up to the key half way up the door near the handle. The arm reached its limit coming through the cat flap. It looked almost human but there was something odd about it. Then it started stetching - the actual arm itself was unaturaly streching - to make up the shortfall to the key. The clip then ended.

Another few clips were recorded seemingly of nothing, but we then noticed that the reason motion had been detected was because of shadows on the kitchen floor from something sizable moving slightly out of shot in the kitchen.
    That's utterly chilling, one of those dreams that's ten times worse because of what you didn't see! I know that would have made my spine go cold. It's also great inspiration.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Duuuude. That is seriously kinda disturbing. If that were in a movie, that would be so scary...

England
    Eurgh,thats creepy,reminds me of that guy on the X-files,"tooms"

Super Moderator

UK
    hehe, I was thinking the same thing Tricky.

Damn Neil, that's some creepy-ass stuff.

Speaking of hard night's sleep, I had a doozy last night, not a dream, just almost choking to death is all!

It was about 3am this morning, was slightly waking up, I could sense myself waking up a little, then I must have breathed in sharply and then all of a sudden everything's not cool. I panic, leap up in bed, haphazardly grab for my glass of drink beside the bed (all drunk by now - DAMN!), I didn't know what was going on. My brain kicks into gear about a minute later and I'm gagging and choking like the recipient of some Peter North...

Anyway, I think what happened was some phlegm had ended up in my throat (I'd meant to blow the hooter before bed, but forgot), so - excuse me for getting icky - the phlegm must have slid down the back of my throat and then the sudden inhalation sucked it down the wrong pipe. I could feel it on the way down to my lungs where it kinda got stuck, so I was punching myself in the chest, choking away, coughing and gagging, just desperately trying to hack up this goo that was halfway between my mouth and my lungs, wedged in the pipe.

Gave me a proper scare it did, I don't need that at 3am in the morning. Couldn't breathe properly until a few hours later when it all settled down, now I'm fine, but DAMN ... sh*t me right up.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Eurgh,thats creepy,reminds me of that guy on the X-files,"tooms"
    That's probably in the mix somewhere and is partly to blame!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

Germany

Looks like you got a nocturnal visit from Reed Richards from the Fantastic Four.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Looks like you got a nocturnal visit from Reed Richards from the Fantastic Four.
    Damn!! Tonight I'll go for a nocturnal visit from Jessica Alba then!!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Damn!! Tonight I'll go for a nocturnal visit from Jessica Alba then!!
    Oh hell yeah!

And Neil, if I have a dream about a stretchy armed shadow man creeping in my door then I'm gonna bop you on the schnozz what for!

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    where do I get a "shadow detector" at?
    lol

capncnut
    Nice story Neil, now you got me in the mood for a bit of paranormal site searching.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's pretty creepy. Thankfully I very rarely remember my dreams.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Damn, that's a terrifying dream, Neil. You don't really keep a key to your door near your door, do you? That's a terrible idea; move it somewhere else.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Damn, that's a terrifying dream, Neil. You don't really keep a key to your door near your door, do you? That's a terrible idea; move it somewhere else.
    The key to the kitchen door (to outside) is in the door That's where the hand was heading for...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    The key to the kitchen door (to outside) is in the door That's where the hand was heading for...
    But is it in real life?

*evil plan accompanied by equally devilish grin*

*concocts plan to creep up to Neil's house and do "the arm" thing*