Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slightly alarming dream! (UPDATED!)

Administrator

England
    OMFG! OMFG!

Warning the videos in the following message are between one and two meg big!

As I said in my first post we have a cat spraying in our kitchen. I've been blaming our male cat who is ill, and I thought it was him doing it in his ill state of mind.

Anyway, I set up the motion detection stuff last night and left the kitchen light on, and also left on old shirt near the cat flap as the spraying seems to be more likely on objects/fabrics. So I left it there as bait.

So I went thru the footage this evening... It's caught a neighbour's cat coming in:-
    www.homepageofthedead.com/CAMWIZ2.wmv
    The cat you see coming in is NOT ours!

In the next clip (2 minutes after the previous one) is the cat finishing eating... And then look at what he does near the shirt!
    www.homepageofthedead.com/CAMWIZ3.wmv
    The second cat you see is ours!

The area you see the cat 'squatting' near definately smelled somewhat this morning, but I wasn't entirey sure... until I saw that footage!

So this is great! We now know the neighbours cat is to blame... and necks can be rung!

HOWEVER... Given my original message I must admit I'm also rather freaked now!!!

Look at the motion that kicked off this video (in the first couple of seconds):-
    www.homepageofthedead.com/CAMWIZ4.wmv

I am NOT NOT happy!!!

ps: Please do not pass these links on to others! I do NOT want the server swamped!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United Kingdom
    That dream was very worrying I am really wishing I had never read it now and I don't even have a cat or a catflap

I bet that first couple of seconds was a moth or something like that, hopefully anyway

One of my colleagues has a cat flap for her cats and they have special collars that they wear I don't know how it works but the flap only lets her cats in, it might be an idea to invest

Super Moderator

UK
    My vote's on a moth for the last clip...

Mind you, the thought of someone else's cat snooping around your house in the middle of the night, that freaks me out ... but I'm not much of a cat person as it is...can't be doing with them, they're too arsy...they don't like me that much either...now dogs, they're nice and now their place and respect humans ... ergo, I respect dogs.

If I have a dream about something to do with this, which is entirely possible as I've just had some OJ, I'm totally gonna come to your house Neil, and fudge you up!

United States
    Neil, I have a couple of questions for you...first, Is your cat female or male?
    The cat that came to your house that sprayed was marking his territory when he left ..as if to say" this is mine and nobody better come and try to take anything or there will be trouble". If you have a female cat that probably is what attracted him in the first place to your home? If your cat is male then he is trying to take over your cats space!
    Oh, 2nd question..Is your cat if female in heat? that would attract the male cat there for sure and spraying is also saying this is his territory!
    It looks like you have a little problem on your hands!
    I have alot of animals this is how I know about this lol! I used to have cats!
    Some might say I have small petting zoo right now! lol
    Last edited by Debbieangel; 14-Apr-2007 at 12:33 AM.

capncnut
    I'd wait for the bugger at night and chuck a bucket of water at the little git. The last clip was definitely a moth or something similar.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    Neil, I have a couple of questions for you...first, Is your cat female or male?
    The cat that came to your house that sprayed was marking his territory when he left ..as if to say" this is mine and nobody better come and try to take anything or there will be trouble". If you have a female cat that probably is what attracted him in the first place to your home? If your cat is male then he is trying to take over your cats space!
    Oh, 2nd question..Is your cat if female in heat? that would attract the male cat there for sure and spraying is also saying this is his territory!
    It looks like you have a little problem on your hands!
    I have alot of animals this is how I know about this lol! I used to have cats!
    Some might say I have small petting zoo right now! lol
    The cat you saw of ours is female, but we have a male one as well...

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    My vote's on a moth for the last clip...
    That is NOT a moth... We have three big spot lights in the kitchen so to cast a shadow like that it means something substantial!!! The only way I could recreate it was to wave my arms around in the middle of the kitchen
    Last edited by Neil; 14-Apr-2007 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Maybe you sleep walk, or perhaps your missus?

Either that or one of the "l'il nuggets" can fly when you're not looking...it's entirely possible!

Speaking of dreams and such, I didn't have one about a scary-ass arm reaching in my door, but I did have one about going to a festival occupied by mainly Germans who didn't like me one bit. I was parked in a field in my Mum's car, and some nutter chainsawed a chunk out of the rear bumper around the license plate. I went off on him and said "f*ck this, I'm going home" ... but apparently going home was against the 'vibe' of the place, so you were kinda trapped. Nevertheless I hurriedly escaped the field of Germans - now carrying the lifesize chainsawed chunk of bumper, and also carrying my Mum's car, which was now about the size of a book bag.

I get to the main area, which looks a bit like my old University campus, I meet some of my friends, although they can't remember who I am, one of them does, but he becomes a total dick after I say "f*ck this sh*t, I'm off home". Right at that time, there's a trio of Cylon-looking mofos, robot guards or something that keep emitting this sound of doom and dread, a mechanical kinda noise that just repeats over and over and over at the same tempo...anyway, my apparent mate alerts them to my seeking to escape this crappy festival (where nothing seems to be happening aside from everyone hating me ), he says "hahaha, you'll never outrun them!!", I peg it down this sloping runway thing between two buildings, run down an alley, run up some stairs with them on my ass somewhere back a bit and then I wake up...

Wazat all about?!

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I'd wait for the bugger at night and chuck a bucket of water at the little git.
    I agree, that would put him off coming back. A water pistol also works wonders for keeping unwanted cats off your property. It's cruelty-free, does the trick and plus it's kinda funny.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    That is NOT a moth... We have three big spot lights in the kitchen so to cast a shadow like that it means something substantial!!! The only way I could recreate it was to wave my arms around in the middle of the kitchen
    My guess is a power surge/light flicker. The cat should have reacted to something large moving around, no?

United States
    The cat you saw of ours is female, but we have a male one as well...
    My point exactly the cat that is coming in your house is trying to take over dominance, he is telling your male cat this is MY territory and is calling him out on it!
    I have male dogs and female dogs and there was a power struggle between this two of the eldest dogs..we got rid of the oldest dog and now the dogs live ina somewhat peace!
    The problem you are having is that neighbor cat thinks he is coming in your house and taking over thats why he is spraying!
    The solutions I can think of is at night close your catflap(door)which I know prohibits your cats from going out to do their business.
    The next one if you know the owner of the cat show them the vid and just maybe they will keep him in at night.
    Because you have a female and it is Spring that is why he is coming around if she isnt in heat she soon will be and neighborhood cats can smell it a mile away!
    Just so ya know I am no expert I have cats,dogs and other animals and watched their mannerisms through the years.

We just had a bizarre experience happen a few days ago get this:
    We have this cat(which really is a stray that attached herself to our home outside,we feed her) she was pregnant and we had this really cold weather here. I knew from experience she would have kittens soon, well, I thought it would happen later last week but anyway, I went out to check on her and she had just had the kittens on the porch in the box.
    Like I said very cold outside...2 kittens were dead...so I bundled the other 4 up and the mother cat and brought them in the house.
    Everything was fine, the kittens were feeding, everything normal. I also have dogs.
    Well, we cut a box and put a comfy old rob in it for her and kittens then I thought she might get nervous being in the house with dogs and us so I put her in bathroom alone with kittens.
    Everything was fine, we kept checking on her, we left door cracked, then hubby went in to check on her and kittens and she had killed them, they were all wet. We dont know why...I know its nature but, those kittens were normal as can be and she was bonding with them and protecting them and letting them feed..why would she kill them?

Undisclosed
    [SIZE="7"]
    Look at the motion that kicked off this video (in the first couple of seconds):-
    www.homepageofthedead.com/CAMWIZ4.wmv

I am NOT NOT happy!!!

ps: Please do not pass these links on to others! I do NOT want the server swamped!
    I think its another cat.....I think you can see its reflection in the door window....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    My point exactly the cat that is coming in your house is trying to take over dominance, he is telling your male cat this is MY territory and is calling him out on it!
    I have male dogs and female dogs and there was a power struggle between this two of the eldest dogs..we got rid of the oldest dog and now the dogs live ina somewhat peace!
    The problem you are having is that neighbor cat thinks he is coming in your house and taking over thats why he is spraying!
    The solutions I can think of is at night close your catflap(door)which I know prohibits your cats from going out to do their business.
    The next one if you know the owner of the cat show them the vid and just maybe they will keep him in at night.
    Because you have a female and it is Spring that is why he is coming around if she isnt in heat she soon will be and neighborhood cats can smell it a mile away!
    Just so ya know I am no expert I have cats,dogs and other animals and watched their mannerisms through the years.

We just had a bizarre experience happen a few days ago get this:
    We have this cat(which really is a stray that attached herself to our home outside,we feed her) she was pregnant and we had this really cold weather here. I knew from experience she would have kittens soon, well, I thought it would happen later last week but anyway, I went out to check on her and she had just had the kittens on the porch in the box.
    Like I said very cold outside...2 kittens were dead...so I bundled the other 4 up and the mother cat and brought them in the house.
    Everything was fine, the kittens were feeding, everything normal. I also have dogs.
    Well, we cut a box and put a comfy old rob in it for her and kittens then I thought she might get nervous being in the house with dogs and us so I put her in bathroom alone with kittens.
    Everything was fine, we kept checking on her, we left door cracked, then hubby went in to check on her and kittens and she had killed them, they were all wet. We dont know why...I know its nature but, those kittens were normal as can be and she was bonding with them and protecting them and letting them feed..why would she kill them?

Both our cats have been 'done'...

I'm continuing with the camera in the kitchen to try and identify the exact cat... Once done I'll find the owners and see if it has been 'done' and if/what sort of collar it has - So we can get a magnetic/electronic one etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    I think its another cat.....I think you can see its reflection in the door window....
    Definately not! It was actually my other half up in the night I was just joshing with you lot
    Last edited by Neil; 14-Apr-2007 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    You should get a job with Most Haunted, they do a lot of 'joshing'.

Undisclosed
    You need a good watch cat.

Super Moderator

UK
    Tape that sumbitch shut, bring your cat in and make it stay the night, the fussy bugger, treatin' the gaff like it's own personal hotel...sheesh! Another reason I can't be doing with cats.