Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Slightly alarming dream! (UPDATED!)

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    I agree, that would put him off coming back. A water pistol also works wonders for keeping unwanted cats off your property. It's cruelty-free, does the trick and plus it's kinda funny.
    Yeah it is funny, but they don't stay away

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Definately not! It was actually my other half up in the night I was just joshing with you lot
    That's just mean, some of us have nightmares really easily you know

United States
    [QUOTE=Neil;80981]Both our cats have been 'done'...

I'm continuing with the camera in the kitchen to try and identify the exact cat... Once done I'll find the owners and see if it has been 'done' and if/what sort of collar it has - So we can get a magnetic/electronic one etc...

Ok, they both have been 'done' still that darn cat is trying to take over your house ...the spray is the territory thing that male cats do..sorry if I am sounding like a "know it all" we had male cats spraying at our house and it is soo darn annoying! I can understand what you are going through although it was my own cats I had to deal with and not some neighbors.
    OOh one thing for clean up in case you dont know this ,dont use ammonia, it attracts cats to same area and they will do spray again...I learned that lesson the hard way!lol
    I have one more idea hmm its gonna sound goofy and if you can pull it off it might work if you want to try it? Here goes: Take a spray bottle with water in it, stay up in hiding then spray it with the water...you know cats hate getting sprayed with water maybe if you try that a couple of times he will get the idea and stay away?
    I hope this idea helps?

Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    I agree, that would put him off coming back. A water pistol also works wonders for keeping unwanted cats off your property. It's cruelty-free, does the trick and plus it's kinda funny.
    LOL I didnt see your post before I wrote mine LOL

HEY NEIL...if water dont work ..try some vinegar it will sting like crazy but wont hurt the cat. You dont have to put it full strength just alittle bit so the cat gets the idea you dont want him around.
    Last edited by Debbieangel; 14-Apr-2007 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    Oooooh! That Neil is a slippery bugger, playin' his pranks...*shakes fist*

GET OFF MY LAWN, YA DAMN KIDS!!!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    Here goes: Take a spray bottle with water in it, stay up in hiding then spray it with the water...you know cats hate getting sprayed with water maybe if you try that a couple of times he will get the idea and stay away?
    It doesn't happen every night, and the last time it happened it was 5am in the morning... I can't stay up night after night incase

I continuing with the camera at a better angle, closer to the cat flag, to get a better shot of the cat in question. Once we identify it we'll chat to the owners. If for example it works out he doesn't have a magnetic collar, then we could get one etc...

I don't want to buy a magnetic cap flag only to find he has a magnetic collar so can still come in

ps: He hasn't come for the past two nights...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Be vigilent for flea carriers.

Some rotten ginger moggy gave my cat fleas when they played together in the back garden once. Couldn't get rid of em for 2 months... flea collars... sprays... nothing worked against this hardcore species of superflea. Eventually bought a combo of carpet powder, the most expensive spray (£15 a can) and some drops you had to put on the cats neck - many times a day - and after about another month of keeping the cat inside (a difficult task in itself) they finally went. F**king HATE them!
    Last edited by capncnut; 15-Apr-2007 at 04:29 PM.