Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HL2: Episode 3...

Super Moderator

UK

HL2: Episode 3...

Just saw on ActionTrip that Ep3 is gonna take place in the Arctic, apparently...as it was originally intended to be the climax of HL2 before they scaled sh*t back - that's apparently where Judith Mossman is when you see her on a monitor in Episode 1, so the final big rumble is gonna be in the Arctic ... oooh, I can't wait to play in the snow!!

Also, nice news is that - Ep3 has apparently been in development for as long as Ep2 has ... so maybe, just MAYBE ... Ep3 won't be 18 months after Ep2.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    more hopeful news abotu ti getting an earlier release on the 360.

capncnut
    Methinks it'll be a two-discer.

D1. HL2 (with graphical updates and new weapons)
    D2. Eps 1-3, Team Fortress & Portal

Us console gamers have got it good. Might as well bung a DVD in with that lot eh?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    and a baseball cap, cus whens the last time you got a free basbeball cap with owt?, last time for me was at the local premiere' of jurassic park 2.

Super Moderator

UK
    Erm, HL2 looks bloody brilliant on PC, especially with intensely crisp resolutions (that can still go much farther than consoles)...new weapons? That's what the modding community is for ... but from Valve themselves? Hmmm...duno about that, HL2 has a shedload of weapons as it is already, somewhere between 10 and 15 ... isn't that enough already?

Episodes 1 - 3 and the others - on PC as well. Any special edition packs would be on PC as well ... looks and smells like a level playing field at least to me, mate.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    honestly i dont care, i just wanna play ti on my 360 dagnabbit!

Super Moderator

UK
    I remember getting Urban Strike for the Mega Drive, and it came with a free Urban Strike dog tag. I loved that as a kid.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah, that kinda stuff was special edition, what makes a damn metal case so limited anyway?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    yeah, that kinda stuff was special edition, what makes a damn metal case so limited anyway?
    Because they only make a limited number of them...hence limited.

I got the special collector's edition of STALKER, which had the snazzy tin treatment, as well as a fold out map, booklet about the zone, a DVD-Rom with a bunch of stuff on it and some free unlockable multiplayer content apparently, but I don't play online so meh...

As I got it for the same price as the normal edition (long story), I wasn't complaining.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    still, if only they all did as much as the bioshock adn halo limited editions.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    still, if only they all did as much as the bioshock adn halo limited editions.
    But with Halo there's so many people who are flamingly gay for it, so they're willing to splash the cash on it, whereas with other games they're going to usually have a smaller or even much smaller fanbase, so there's little point in going to all the effort and cost of putting together poncy packages that folk aren't going to buy.

But with some of the Halo fanbase, for instance, they're flaming hot for it like the sun ... so it's economically viable to bust a nut on a poncy package for the distributors.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Erm, HL2 looks bloody brilliant on PC, especially with intensely crisp resolutions (that can still go much farther than consoles)... new weapons?
    Oh f**k the PC version, it's the PS3 and 360 that have the spotlight with HL2 now and yes, I reckon the new console versions will look just as good the PC version. The Xbox 1 HL2 weren't all that far off was it!

But you gotta admit regardless, it's a juicy prospekt (hehe) - just look at the disc bundle. 40 quid for that lot? Damn straight. And with Halo 3, Mass Effect and Bioshock on the horizon, this year is gonna be FPS-tastic for consoles!

Super Moderator

UK
    But Ep3 isn't out until what, 2008 at the earliest, so this jizzy bundle with all 3 episodes is a long way off.

The next-gen console versions of HL2 can at best equal the PC version ... which was rocking that look back in 2004, then in 2005 the HDR lighting was introduced.

HL2 will be sucking dick in the back alleys after Crysis comes out for PC.

Ooooooh...I'm ordering my Xbox etc on Friday bitches! *runs around like a kid on speed*

*rubs balls* ahhhh mate...

United States
    This has some interesting tid bits

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    But Ep3 isn't out until what, 2008 at the earliest, so this jizzy bundle with all 3 episodes is a long way off.
    On the PC maybe, 360 have the bundle Q4 07 mate.