Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 28 Weeks Later.....

Banned User

Aaland

28 Weeks Later.....

saw it today....WOW>>>>pretty good, just as good as the original but on major STEROIDS!

This movie was furious from start to finish and just never let up. My only complaint??? just 90 minutes. I wanted more!

Pulse punding flick. I will see it again before it leaves the theater.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

28 Weeks Later...awesome!

agreed! every bit as good as the original. I was afraid it would not retain the same flavor as the original. It remained true to the first film in every way. I hope they release an extended version.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Wow, this movie blew me away. I left the theater is slight state of shock. It hits hard, fast, and is relentless. I will see it again so I can properly digest the film. A lot of the reviews i'm reading say 28wl succeeds as it's own movie and it does. I am truly amazed with this movie. Any zombie/infection movie made in the past 20 years can't really touch the 28 days/weeks later films imo. They stand up there the Night/Dawn/Day. In many ways, surpassing them due to the speed of the infection and the chaos thereafter.
    This movie is a need to see.

United States
    I'd personally disagree that it was as good as the original. The original is damn near untouchable when it comes to the storyline, acting, and most of all caring about the characters.

I liked 28 weeks, but I have to say that it wasn't as good, for example, when

Doyle was torched and Scarlet was beaten to death
    can you honestly say your reaction was anything more than "that sucks".

Compare that to when Frank dies. Tell me that the reaction was more powerful than in 28 Days and I'll agree that this one was just as good.

It was quite a good film though, I'll give it that.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    I'm gonna be going to see this on Wednesday (Thank Orange for the 2 for 1 deal!) but if I get the same reaction as I did when I saw 28 Days Later (I neary had a heart-attack and left the building, shaking), I'll be in heaven!!

Australia
    that was one hell of an awesome movie although a few things got on my nerves namley the slow motion in some of the action scenes.

There was some awesome gore . When i first heard robert carlye was going to be in it i wasn't sure on how he would go but hell yeah he was good but then again anyone who can play an out of work steel worker male striper to hitler must be good.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    this is like the binary opposite of the new day remake , the only reason im now amped to see this is the directors an award winner, i was expecting some uwe boll or the guy who did saw type hack director doingit, but yknow it aint so, a good move, cant wait to see it.

Undisclosed

I didnt much care for it...

I dont think it is anything like the 1st one...which was a good movie..

The action sequences were had to understand for the most part...

They changed some of the rules on how the infected act and such...

It played more like just a bunch of stiched together action sequeces than an actual plot driven movie...

I would go into more depth but I dont know how to make spoilers boxes and I dont want to ruin it for those who will enjoy it.

Would I see it again in the theatre...no.
    Would I recomend it to anyone on this site...yes.

For me it falls just shy of the Dawn remake...

United States
    my mouth id watering i have to see this movie

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by OddDNA View Post
    I dont think it is anything like the 1st one...which was a good movie..

The action sequences were had to understand for the most part...

They changed some of the rules on how the infected act and such...

It played more like just a bunch of stiched together action sequeces than an actual plot driven movie...

I would go into more depth but I dont know how to make spoilers boxes and I dont want to ruin it for those who will enjoy it.

Would I see it again in the theatre...no.
    Would I recomend it to anyone on this site...yes.

For me it falls just shy of the Dawn remake...

IMO this movie kicks dawn in the nuts. Take into consideration the acting, soundtract, the cinamatography, the feel of the movie. Aside from this reply, I will never mention Dawn remake in the same sentence with 28 weeks.
    I really don't get what was so hard to "get" about the action sequences? The camera work, lighting, what? I thought the action in the movie couldn't have been done any better.

A bunch of action sequences stiched together?

That was Dawn remake. I agree I did see a few plot holes in 28 weeks later, but they didn't really bother me since when I was watching the movie, I felt like I wasn't watching a sequel. IMO every scene in this movie pushed the plot forward and it did have an easy to follow plot.

The only difference between the infected in the 2 movies was- gawd damn it how do i add spoiler tags!?

Well there you go, 2 completly different opinions.
    But saying it came shy of dawn is an insult to this movie.
    This is the best sequel since Aliens. Nuff said.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by joeharley666 View Post
    saw it today....WOW>>>>pretty good, just as good as the original but on major STEROIDS!

This movie was furious from start to finish and just never let up. My only complaint??? just 90 minutes. I wanted more!

Pulse punding flick. I will see it again before it leaves the theater.
    I actually enjoyed it MORE than the original. It was just as good, but without the huge slow down like they had at the end with the military stuff in Days. overall I was VERY pleased with this and thought it was the film Days SHOULD have been.

Super Moderator

United States
    I just saw it and had to come online and see what everyone thought...

All I can say is you're all letting me down, I thought you'd be hating on it just because it was big budget and not some obscure release or you'd find some other reason to be the first kid on the block to not like it. You know, taking the contrarian route. Glad to see some of you enjoyed it as much as I did

Awesome, awesome time. I thought it was a great ride.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    ...SPOILERS ...

I'll go against the grain and say it was mearly ok. I found plenty of flaws. The basic idea was solid but it was hurt in the execution of the script. It’s a shame since I think the rest of the movie was very solid. I’ll tell you this though, I’m glad I can survive a chemical warfare attack by getting in my car and shutting the vents.

I wish they had learned from Land of the Dead that “boss zombies” suck and drag everything down. Part of what makes a zombie (or infected in this case) creepy is that they are never ending automatons. Once you give them a “personality” they lose their creepiness. Why not just have Dad be the catalyst and restarts everything. Have the female doctor realize they lost patient 0 and make for the kids in hope they carry the same gene, just in front of the wave of infection. Same end result but one is sucky and contrived, one is not.

Overall I’d say it’s worth the price of admission, but could have been much better. But hey, after sitting through Day of the Dead 2 : Contagion this is cinema gold.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSiN View Post
    ...SPOILERS ...
    Original quote
    That car scene ruined it for you and the infected blood shooting zombie like lunatics didn't? C'mon... its a movie you have to allow for some things.

United States
    ^^^ Gah Dont Ruin It!!!