Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else concerned about this?

England

Is anyone else concerned about this?

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...8-1702,00.html

It only got a paragraph in the national papers (because big brother & david beckham are more important ) but i find it quite worrying that russia is trying to assert its nuclear power again!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...8-1702,00.html

It only got a paragraph in the national papers (because big brother & david beckham are more important ) but i find it quite worrying that russia is trying to assert its nuclear power again!

The Russian government probably feels equally worried about the US defense shields being put into positions in other countries that would nullify their retaliatory abilities thus incapacitating their entire military....

I mean it doesn’t seem surprising at all...If the tables were turned and Russians were deploying missile shields in foreign countries to protect themselves from possible missile strikes wouldn’t the United States and the UK also seek to develop missiles to evade such systems.....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    The Russian government probably feels equally worried about the US defense shields being put into positions in other countries that would nullify their retaliatory abilities thus incapacitating their entire military....

I mean it doesn’t seem surprising at all...If the tables were turned and Russians were deploying missile shields in foreign countries to protect themselves from possible missile strikes wouldn’t the United States and the UK also seek to develop missiles to evade such systems.....
    Very true ...Mutually assured destruction seems to evaded our leaders memory.
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

United States
    every country wants defense.

United States

nope just you

now where's that bottle of stoli...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    to be honest russia needs something right now, cus that countrys in a bad way, i think the last time i saw a show in russia, the visual metaphor for the country was a bear in a snow field with broken legs dragging itself towards bearraps. whilst it aint good news another nation is trying to set up nukes, which no-one should have that kind of destructive power, you cant blame them really can you?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    M.A.D. was a way to ensure peace in a twisted sort of way. If one of the powers can protect itself, then it becomes the dominant power on this planet and can bully everyone around as much as it wants. Personally, I'm against both the US and Russia having nukes. But if ONE of them is going to have them, then I want BOTH to have them.

Kazakhstan
    dont listen to ned, he's a red spy
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

England
    Thing is the US side are building defensive capability,while russia is building offensive missiles & whether its intentional or not it makes it look like russia is the aggressor!the RAF had to chase a russian spy plane off recently as well,although we probably spy on them just as much.It just seems like a delicate situation really

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    dont listen to ned, he's a red spy
    That's a lie!!!

*reads from paper*

Oh, I say can you see...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Thing is the US side are building defensive capability,while russia is building offensive missiles
    Well the "defensive" capability could mean anything.....
    One can argue that the nuclear missles themselves are defensive...because being able to hit someone back is a deterent to someone initiating a strike..... So they in effect serve a defensive purpose in this sense....

In the same way a missle shield can be offensive.....making oneselves invunerable to a missle attack implies that one is situating themselves to strike and are insuring in advance that they wont get hit back....

The missle shield was made before the evasive nukes were....so if an aggressor acts first than the missle shield can easily be seen as an aggressive action and the evasive nukes as a defensive action....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    To be honest, to me it looks like the US is the aggressor. It's pretty obvious what country they're protecting themselves against, and it ain't Al Qaida terrorists. If I were Russia (and I wish I was), I'd be worried to.

Undisclosed
    You wish you were a country?.....

Thats pretty wierd....

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DVW5150 View Post
    Very true ...Mutually assured destruction seems to evaded our leaders memory.
    Why would WE want mutual destruction when we can assure personal safety and their destruction? Wanting mutual destruction is the most absurd and ridiculous thing anyone could want.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    M.A.D. was a way to ensure peace in a twisted sort of way. If one of the powers can protect itself, then it becomes the dominant power on this planet and can bully everyone around as much as it wants. Personally, I'm against both the US and Russia having nukes. But if ONE of them is going to have them, then I want BOTH to have them.
    Thats retarded.
    Last edited by Khardis; 01-Jun-2007 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ^ retarded to you, but not to someone who lives outside the u.s maybe.