Thread: Church gets their panties in a bunch (again)...

Super Moderator

UK

Church gets their panties in a bunch (again)...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20...e-6323e80.html

How pathetic, quite frankly, yet more twittering twits who don't bother to investigate a game before they whinge.

It's set in an alternate WW2 where the enemy are aliens! Yeah, proper realistic...and it takes place across a whole city, not one feckin' cathedral!

What a load of losers...and the description in this particular article is insanely tabloidal, I even saw a very quick snippet as I was flicking channels of this issue being reported on TV...the world never runs out of numpties, eh?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    "For a global manufacturer to re-create one of our great Cathedrals with photo-realistic quality and then encourage people to have guns battles in the building is beyond belief and highly irresponsible."

yeah ,cus we all know that since the 30's weve been in a war against the dreaded chimera, so lets go and shoot some in a church, cus they really exist kids!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    the world never runs out of numpties, eh?
    I want to ignore them, but they wont allows us to, popping up their stupid heads like in Whack a Mole.

What we would be allowed to do if they took over
    Read Scripture
    Go to Church
    Have sex 1 time very 9 months to procrate and we couldnt even enjoy it
    Watch Highway to Heaven, though they forget it was made by A jewish Guy.
    Creflo Dollar would be an acceptable substitute.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    I want to ignore them, but they wont allows us to, popping up their stupid heads like in Whack a Mole.

What we would be allowed to do if they took over
    Read Scripture
    Go to Church
    Have sex 1 time very 9 months to procrate and we couldnt even enjoy it
    Watch Highway to Heaven, though they forget it was made by A jewish Guy.
    Creflo Dollar would be an acceptable substitute.
    And we could watch Touched by an Angel!

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Super Moderator

UK
    Apparently Sony offered to have a sit down with the church folk and explain how the game was made, why it was made, the thought process behind it and so on, but typically enough the church just so "f*ck you" and want the game off the shelves...well it certainly will fly off the shelves, into the hands of consumers as the church have just given the game the best advertisement in the UK it could ever get! Idiots.

United Kingdom
    Controversy sells, and this wasn't even intentionally controversial . I'd love to play this game actually, just don't know any one with a PS3...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    * waiting for Jack thompson to interject*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    This is good news. The lawsuit will never pass and the game gets free publicity.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    This is good news. The lawsuit will never pass and the game gets free publicity.
    It's already worked in terms of peaking my interest. Up until these threads, i never heard of the game. Now it's a must buy. I have to see what all the fuss is about. for the people who wanted to see this game banned, it looks as if it has backfired.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Last I heard R:FOM is now the top PS3 title again, and re-entered the over all Top 40 selling games, all due to the church fuss ... lol, when will these numpties learn? But they won't, cos they're morons, so the game companies will be secretly throwing a party whenever a fuss kicks up.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Last I heard R:FOM is now the top PS3 title again, and re-entered the over all Top 40 selling games, all due to the church fuss ... lol, when will these numpties learn? But they won't, cos they're morons, so the game companies will be secretly throwing a party whenever a fuss kicks up.

The church should choose it's battles more carefully. They really lose credibility when they get all up in arms about this stuff. They have an old world mentality. They're trying to make themselves relavat and they use stuff like this as a platform.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    And they're failing miserably, they're out-of-date, and soap box grand standing simply doesn't work in this day and age, it barely did back in the day. Freedom of speech and expression is paramount, and the church doesn't really understand what that means.

Freedom of speech means you're not always going to like what you hear/see ... but some people will, and certainly appreciate it (and vice versa).

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    And they're failing miserably, they're out-of-date, and soap box grand standing simply doesn't work in this day and age, it barely did back in the day. Freedom of speech and expression is paramount, and the church doesn't really understand what that means.

Freedom of speech means you're not always going to like what you hear/see ... but some people will, and certainly appreciate it (and vice versa).

Historily speaking the church has never had high regard for free speech or the truth. This is the same group of people that burned people at the stake for saying anything that went against church doctrine. They made gallilleo,under torture, retract all the staements he made and published pertaining to his theories about astronomy and our place in the universe. The church has always enjoyed it's authority and power. The pope used to have his own army for pete's sake!! They can't stand that people just aren't listening to them anymore.