Thread: Its hard to legislate common sense...

United States

Its hard to legislate common sense...

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles...00010000000001

I remember back when I was a kid in high school (feels like that was ages ago even if it was only 7 years ago lol) and this chick got a 2x2 inch patch of her hair ripped out at the root with such ferocity that the girls hair never grew back in that spot the same... neither she nor the girl who did it (who oft got into fights) were expelled. Of course the offender eventually dropped out due to pregnancy but I can't help but wonder if she's in prison today.

But while I understand the concept of a zero tolerance policy it has to be more descriptive and discriminating this is obscene and becoming a growing problem. Do they have this kinda problem in the UK?
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Unfortunately zero tolerance are the ways most laws are enforced. One that immediately comes to mind are our draconian drug laws. Something is out of whack when you give somebody a mandatory 15 to life sentence for a kilo of coke yet rapists routinely get 10 years and under. You're right no common sense. As for how it works in the U.K. i'm sure some of our brothers from across the pond will shed some light on that.

Dying

walking down the ho chi minh trail,vietnam.
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles...00010000000001

I remember back when I was a kid in high school (feels like that was ages ago even if it was only 7 years ago lol) and this chick got a 2x2 inch patch of her hair ripped out at the root with such ferocity that the girls hair never grew back in that spot the same... neither she nor the girl who did it (who oft got into fights) were expelled. Of course the offender eventually dropped out due to pregnancy but I can't help but wonder if she's in prison today.

But while I understand the concept of a zero tolerance policy it has to be more descriptive and discriminating this is obscene and becoming a growing problem. Do they have this kinda problem in the UK?

oh yes theres some right young whippasnappers here in the uk.one story i heard was this school kid stabbed the head teacher in the heart cause he had detention!
    hold it flyboy! dont go into the stairway,dont open that door baby you'll lead them right up with you!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's another good point flyboy. Kids are so out of control nowdays that alot of times these policies are a necesity. it's hard enough to get qualified teachers to take these jobs.