Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 years of perfect driving ruined...

United States

10 years of perfect driving ruined...

I yielded at a red light instead of stopping and wouldn't you know it, there was a cop.

I was tired, trying to get home from work tonight and this happens. The first time in my 10 years of driving I get a ticket and it's because of something so stupid.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJonas190 View Post
    I yielded at a red light instead of stopping and wouldn't you know it, there was a cop.

I was tired, trying to get home from work tonight and this happens. The first time in my 10 years of driving I get a ticket and it's because of something so stupid.
    Do you have a points system or anything? ie: When you've paid your fine, is there any 'blemish' lef ton your licence?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Do you have a points system or anything? ie: When you've paid your fine, is there any 'blemish' lef ton your licence?
    I'm pretty sure that this whole country has that. Then again....it might be a state-by-state thing, so don't quote me on that.

It could always be worse, deadjonas.....

My first ticket/accident was me getting T-boned by a lady going about 50-60mph and flipping my truck 3 times. When I stopped flipping, my drive shaft, rear axle, both rear wheels and tires landed in the bed of my truck.

Crazy....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I can tell you that New York has a point system And they slowly decrease as time goes by. At the end of 3 years they're toatlly gone. Unless you get a ticket of course.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I can tell you that New York has a point system And they slowly decrease as time goes by. At the end of 3 years they're toatlly gone. Unless you get a ticket of course.
    I think that most States have a similiar points system, and youre right, after a few years, the points go away. I have had my fair share of points over the years, mainly for speeding. And thats not even counting all the times I was let go with no ticket. I guess it helps when you work for the local paper......

United States
    In WI we start with 12 points, each infraction you lose points for.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    I think that most States have a similiar points system, and youre right, after a few years, the points go away. I have had my fair share of points over the years, mainly for speeding. And thats not even counting all the times I was let go with no ticket. I guess it helps when you work for the local paper......

I would have thought you charmed the cops with dead debates and your ppics with gar.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I was almost in WI last week. I took a trip to Chicago. Maybe I saw some of it from atop the Sears tower.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    My first ticket/accident was me getting T-boned by a lady going about 50-60mph and flipping my truck 3 times. When I stopped flipping, my drive shaft, rear axle, both rear wheels and tires landed in the bed of my truck.
    Crazy....
    And you got ticketed for that!?! Then they wonder why people hate the cops.

United States
    well i'm glad you're not blaming the cop for ticketing you...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    With all that was going on the cop gave him a ticket. I bet that's the first thing the cop was concerned about. Making his quota.

United States
    short of him having a heart attack and driving himself to the hospital he should have gotten a ticket he broke the law...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    short of him having a heart attack and driving himself to the hospital he should have gotten a ticket he broke the law...
    I'm just saying. A ticket doesn't take priority. He could have very well gotten it through the mail.

United States

It is quota time, I see the same cop pulling people over in the parking lot of the Blockbuster I work at the last 10 days of the month. I am pretty sure that if it happened between the 1-15 nothing would have happened, but oh well, apparantly I ran a red light at quota time.

As for the points, yes, we have them here and they do go away over time.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJonas190 View Post
    It is quota time, I see the same cop pulling people over in the parking lot of the Blockbuster I work at the last 10 days of the month. I am pretty sure that if it happened between the 1-15 nothing would have happened, but oh well, apparantly I ran a red light at quota time.

As for the points, yes, we have them here and they do go away over time.

That's the thing that bugs me about quotas. If it's a crime then enforce it. You don't let people slide sometimes and then bust them at others. That's why cops let people off sometimes. They have the discretion to just not enforce the law when it suits them. That shouldn't be an option. Law enforcement has to be consistent.