Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Orders Boost of Airport Security in Wake of London, Glasgow Terrorist Acts

United States

U.S. Orders Boost of Airport Security in Wake of London, Glasgow Terrorist Acts

The United States is boosting security presence at airports in the wake of terrorist acts in London and Glasgow, the White House confirmed to FOX News Saturday.

With this surge in terrorist activity I'm dissapointed that the headline is increased airport security.

All of our countries need border security to keep out these people who want to blowur busses and buildings. We also need to take the racial profiling to heart, peoples feelings are going to have to get hurt, if they are brown, pat them down.

Sorry for my angry rant, don't take it too seriously.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tied2thetracks View Post
    if they are brown, pat them down.
    Golly
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The United States is boosting security presence at airports in the wake of terrorist acts in London and Glasgow, the White House confirmed to FOX News Saturday.

With this surge in terrorist activity I'm dissapointed that the headline is increased airport security.

All of our countries need border security to keep out these people who want to blowur busses and buildings. We also need to take the racial profiling to heart, peoples feelings are going to have to get hurt, if they are brown, pat them down.

I understand that when people are frightened they will do almost everything to keep themselves safe. However, we do have a constitution and we can't choose which articles we want to follow whenever it suits our purpose. everyone is entitled to equal protection under the law. I agree that profiling is a nescesary evil But it must be done only when there is reasonable cause and not as a rule of thumb.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Like when there is a spree of terrorism and akhnob has a large backpack.

I'm not a racist or a hater, I like to think I'm a realist. June Clever isn't going to have a bomb. Somrday in the future if 29 year old white alcoholics are posing a threat to security I would volunteer to be searched everywhere I went. I guess it comes down to what do you have to hide? I know there is the whole just because I shouldn't have to be searched, I will ge searched everytime.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

I'm not a racist or a hater, I like to think I'm a realist. June Clever isn't going to have a bomb. Somrday in the future if 29 year old white alcoholics are posing a threat to security I would volunteer to be searched everywhere I went. I guess it comes down to what do you have to hide? I know there is the whole just because I shouldn't have to be searched, I will ge searched everytime.
    I totally agree. That's when there's reasonable cause. There's a big difference between that and grabbing every brown guy on the street and searching him on the off chance that he might be a terrorist. For example, in NYC they have this rediculous program where they search people's bags randomly before you get on the subway. I think they're idiots because, suppose that they search every tenth person. That means that Habib with a bulging backpack gets to bypass the search just because he's not the tenth person and they search grandma moses who's right behind him. In that case it would be insane NOT to search him. But as is always the case, political correctness trumps all.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

United States
    Damn, I got Ben Franklin severed.

Differesnt times my friend. Allah wansn't a factor in 1776, either was the recinquista(sp)

Dying

walking down the ho chi minh trail,vietnam.
    Undisclosed

hold it flyboy! dont go into the stairway,dont open that door baby you'll lead them right up with you!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Dawg

Differesnt times my friend. Allah wansn't a factor in 1776, either was the recinquista(sp)
    This is true tied, however, Franklin's words are still as true today as they were then. Does it make sense to give up our freedoms in the name of securing our freedom? Thats seems very non-sensical to me.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Besides it's the media that blows up the whole "all arabs are terrorists". I bet you'll find alot more whites in the US willing to destroy the goverment than you'll find arabs.

United States

I would consider Redcoats seizing your property, quartering themselves and denying your right to free expression terroristic activity. As in violent tactics designed to create fear to gain an objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    This is true tied, however, Franklin's words are still as true today as they were then. Does it make sense to give up our freedoms in the name of securing our freedom? Thats seems very non-sensical to me.....
    true. If we are going to do that why bother with constitutional ideas at all?
    Funny how those actually directly affected by terror dont feel that way at all.

Somrday in the future if 29 year old white alcoholics are posing a threat to security I would volunteer to be searched everywhere I went.
    Easy to say if its not actually something you have to deal with. It is not one persons prerogative to make decisions affecting everyone else. Equal protection means just that. And probable cause. Fundamental elements of THE AMERICAN WAY.

I dont care how many terrorists are out there, I dont want cops feeling my nuts every 5 minutes searching for "weapons"

For all that, anyone could be the dreaded "terrorist" So lets install cameras in every home so we all have to watch our words and deeds 24/7. Then we can be safe from anything like speaking our mind. Living in fear of a police state that can stop, detain and manhandle you on a whim is no way to live and a recipe for a Gestapo situation.
    Last edited by coma; 01-Jul-2007 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    true. If we are going to do that why bother with constitutional ideas at all?
    Funny how those actually directly affected by terror dont feel that way at all.

THANK YOU !!! Not to ruffle any feathers, but i've posted that a couple of times already. It seems that the areas that are the most likely terrorist targets, NYC and Cali for example, are blue states and for the most part anti war. The states that don't have a chance in hell to get bombed and therefore not directly in the line of fire, tend to be red states. Take what you want from that, but it seems to be true.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    THANK YOU !!! Not to ruffle any feathers, but i've posted that a couple of times already. It seems that the areas that are the most likely terrorist targets, NYC and Cali for example, are blue states and for the most part anti war. The states that don't have a chance in hell to get bombed and therefore not directly in the line of fire, tend to be red states. Take what you want from that, but it seems to be true.
    Isnt Washington DC Blue too?

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    True and I thinks its really wierd like they get off on all the manufactured fear. We, on the other hand, have real fear but that doesnt mitigate the intrusion. I dont know too many residents who say "good, I want my bag searched. Out of towners and commuters like it, but THEY DONT HAVE TO LIVE IT. They go home and get left alone. I have modified my behavior and I dont even do any thing wrong. Its self censorship that you are lead into.

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

United States
    if they are brown, pat them down.
    I Lol'd, then was sad when I read this...ahhh, the dichotomy.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany