Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: U.S. Orders Boost of Airport Security in Wake of London, Glasgow Terrorist Acts

United States
    Because Timothy Mcvay wasn't American eh?
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Administrator

England
    If anything, these latest attacks once again show that the highly organised global terrorist network we keep gettnig told about, doesn't really exist. It seems that - once again - we have a bunch of not particularly well organised people not achieving very much...

Post 911 we were told there were thousands of sleep cells who were all part of a highly organise Al Qaeda network... As with virtually all of the nonsense that came on the back of 911 (including Iraq), it's all proved to be a buch of bollards...

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/rumsfeld.mpg
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    If anything, these latest attacks once again show that the highly organised global terrorist network we keep gettnig told about, doesn't really exist. It seems that - once again - we have a bunch of not particularly well organised people not achieving very much...

Post 911 we were told there were thousands of sleep cells who were all part of a highly organise Al Qaeda network... As with virtually all of the nonsense that came on the back of 911 (including Iraq), it's all proved to be a buch of bollards...

Neil, you are my hero. How friggin organized are they if every single time they try to blow something up they get caught or the problem diffused before it happens?

I give many Kudo's to England, and the UK in general. You guys catch more terrorist cells trying to plan something than any other government I hear about.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Timothy McVae - militia group nutjob anti-government type. Nothing "new" there, there's always wack-jobs like that out there, and there's plenty of anti-authoritarian/government people out there. How do you protect against nutters like that beyond the adequate measures we already have in place and have had in place for a long time.

Freedom isn't foolproof, the current measures aren't 100%, but they're better than squat-all. Someone is always going to sneak through a crack somewhere at some point in time and something bad will happen. Something bad is bound to happen at some point in time, that's life.

And despite your post, which possibly sounds a little sarky (maybe I'm reading the intonation wrong), we had the IRA.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

You must get your news from CNN. Post 9/11 sleeper cells have been busted, I never hear reports that there were thousands to be found. You Britts remember that whole 7/7 thing right? And now car bombs found ready to go. Not all of these idiots are well planned or intelligent, but you don't need a degree to kill people.

I'm not living in fear but I do realize the threat is real.

Super Moderator

UK
    Basically, you could say that "successful" attacks are down to luck on one side (their's) and incompetance on the other (our's).

What is really messed up is that 3 of the arrested 7 are freaking doctors/medics working in this country!

What happened to the hypocratic oath?! We'll see if they really are those responsible or not in due course, but if they are, that's messed up - I'm talking "Right at Your Door" messed up (watched it this afternoon, great film, but utterly terrifying, just makes you go "oh that's f*cked up" ).

Unsuccessful attacks (the majority - at least in the West, you don't hear of many unsuccessful car bombs in Iraq etc do you? ) are bad luck (for the terrorists) and good luck with a dousing of competance for us.

Scotland
    I have a new hero!

http://www.johnsmeaton.com/

This is the guy how helped a policeman subdue (read: kick in) one of the Glasgow Terrorists.

Check out the 'Other John Links' for news video of him being interviewed.

Pure legend!

United States
    what's this pint pledge thing?
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    What happened to the hypocratic oath?!

The same thing that happened to all the religeous principles that tell them not to kill etc. They get corrupted and brainwashed at some point. They actually rationalize their acts of murder with religeous zealotry.
    Last edited by darth los; 07-Jul-2007 at 02:16 AM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Now apparently all 8 people arrested have NHS connections!

Great, so I guess there's another reason not to go into an NHS hospital these days. As if waiting lists, MRSA, incompetance, lack of doctor's and nurses and the smell wasn't bad enough, now you'll probably end up getting treated by a terrorist!

(I guarantee that joke (or thereabouts) ends up on 8 out of 10 Cats on Friday )

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    what's this pint pledge thing?
    It's for people who appreaciated his involvement with the terrorists.

You can buy him a pint which is being kept on a TAB behind the airport bar.

The goal was 1000 pints but it has easily passed it.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by LoSTBoY View Post
    It's for people who appreaciated his involvement with the terrorists.

You can buy him a pint which is being kept on a TAB behind the airport bar.

The goal was 1000 pints but it has easily passed it.
    LMFAO!!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    hehe, noiiice! Free booze!

"Kick in" - you're damn straight.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Besides it's the media that blows up the whole "all arabs are terrorists". I bet you'll find alot more whites in the US willing to destroy the goverment than you'll find arabs.
    How many would act on it though? Tim McVey is the only one in recent memory.

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Neil, you are my hero. How friggin organized are they if every single time they try to blow something up they get caught or the problem diffused before it happens?

I give many Kudo's to England, and the UK in general. You guys catch more terrorist cells trying to plan something than any other government I hear about.
    For 1, Britain has experience.

and 2. They get caught because as organized as many of them are, our governments Intel folks are much more organized, especially when they aren't being screwed by politicians. Case in point, 9/11 happend not long after Clinton left office, the CIA and FBI were still gutted. After the entire thing went down they released the CIA and FBI and let them do thier jobs. As such terror plots like the Fort Dix and JFK bombings have been uncovered on time.

Thanks domestic spying
    Last edited by Khardis; 07-Jul-2007 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    How many would act on it though? Tim McVey is the only one in recent memory.

For 1, Britain has experience.
    That's a good point. Israel is another country, unfortunately, with tons of experience in that department. America is in it's infancy in terms of dealing with domestic terrorist threats.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"