Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new umbrella chronicles trailer

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    german techno dancer borat gay for house 2

but yeah i dont see why a load of people are pissed like "oh no now we dont get yet another 3rd person shooter were we find keys and kill stuff", change is good, and this isnt a permanant one, if you want 3rd person shootr wait till autumn for resi 5 it aint that long now, right now im happy to play a co-op rail shooter in the resi universe it looks like it'l be a blast.

capncnut
    Yeah same here, I like the idea of a Resi rail shooter. Look at some of those scenes in the original mansion. The part that had me salivating the most was when the female character shouted "Forrest" at the zombie that comes shuffling towards you on the balcony. Wasn't Forrest Speyer pecked to death on the balcony in RE1?

And this game has RE0-4! Man, you know the Nemesis is gonna get his arse battered when I get my hands on the gun that will inevitably come out for this. Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it!
    Last edited by capncnut; 12-Jul-2007 at 05:23 PM.

ViP

United States
    On Rails Shooter = Refreshing Change of Pace IMHO, although I admit I'd rather have another game with the new RE4 control scheme. Anything is better than reverting to the old control scheme.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    New re content could never be a bad thing. I was just sayin' that a game with more depth would be nice and a rail shooter can only provide but so much. By the time the game comes out it will have been 3 years since the last re game came out. I'm going nuts over here. I think they definitely got the control scheme right with re 4 as well.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    german techno dancer borat gay for house 2

but yeah i dont see why a load of people are pissed like "oh no now we dont get yet another 3rd person shooter were we find keys and kill stuff", change is good, and this isnt a permanant one, if you want 3rd person shootr wait till autumn for resi 5 it aint that long now, right now im happy to play a co-op rail shooter in the resi universe it looks like it'l be a blast.
    I didn't say I wanted a 3rd person shooter. I thought this was going to be a decent 1st person shooter. That would have ruled.

Canada
    rail shooters suck.

i'm sorry but this ruins the game, you have very little control at all of your character, all the strategy is taken out of the game, the pace may be a little faster yes, but it is so linear, and the same thing over and over with no chance to venture off on your own.

The game may look pretty but that doesn't detract from the fact that capcom is making a HUGE mistake in this.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    rail shooters suck.

i'm sorry but this ruins the game, you have very little control at all of your character, all the strategy is taken out of the game, the pace may be a little faster yes, but it is so linear, and the same thing over and over with no chance to venture off on your own.

The game may look pretty but that doesn't detract from the fact that capcom is making a HUGE mistake in this.
    I guess the usual rationale will be in play. Turn your brain off and enjoy it for what it is.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    New re content could never be a bad thing. I was just sayin' that a game with more depth would be nice and a rail shooter can only provide but so much. By the time the game comes out it will have been 3 years since the last re game came out. I'm going nuts over here. I think they definitely got the control scheme right with re 4 as well.
    considering resi 5 is coming out in the next 6 months i dont think to many people are gonna be pissed at this.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    considering resi 5 is coming out in the next 6 months i dont think to many people are gonna be pissed at this.
    It can't come out soon enough for me man. this has been 3 years in the making so it better be awesome. That's the thign, games take so long to make now that the product has to reach lofty expectations or else what was all the wait for? I'l tell you one thing though, they're going to have a tough time trying to top re4. There was absolutley nothing bad about that game. Sure every game can be improved on but that game was pretty near flawless.

Hopefully with the advent of downloadable content we won't have to wait years for sequels to our favorite games. We can get epoisodic content in smaller chunks but more frequently which i think is very cool.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    *valve guys whistle and look at there boots*

....yeah...more frequently....

Canada
    I suppose so but still...they said that the wii couldn't handle it [the original plan was to have the gameplay like RE4] or something...i dunno how accurate that is or not, but i would tend to agree.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Resident Evil 5 seems to feature Ganados as the enemy.
    I wonder if REUC will be like Killer7.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottedfreak View Post
    Resident Evil 5 seems to feature Ganados as the enemy.
    I wonder if REUC will be like Killer7.
    Yeah, i saw the ms trailer for re5 and i really couldn't tell who or what the enemy was.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    there not ganados, but wesker , by the end of resi 4, has a g virus sample,a tr virus sample, a nemesis parasite, and now a las plagas sample , so i think these are something completely new.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    there not ganados, but wesker , by the end of resi 4, has a g virus sample,a tr virus sample, a nemesis parasite, and now a las plagas sample , so i think these are something completely new.
    Imagine the kick ass cocktail that would make (yes i said cock.)

Each has it's own strengths and weaknesses. What abot the t-veronica sample? I know he got battle data from alexia but did he ever get a sample of it? All i know is that she layed the smack down on his ass.