Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 5 Pushed back to 2009!?! WTF!?!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Resident Evil 5 Pushed back to 2009!?! WTF!?!

This is getting rediculous already. I'm so pissed i don't even know what to say right now. 4 years to make a game? Develpoers have to stop doing this to us. Pushing back these release dates really lowers my enthusiasm for a game. It gets to the point where you don't even care about the release anymore because if you think about it you'll get angry.

http://www.n4g.com/News-52822.aspx
    Last edited by darth los; 19-Jul-2007 at 02:41 AM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I agree.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I know!! They're waiting to release it in a triple pack with spore and duke nuke'em forever !
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Pushing back these release dates really lowers my enthusiasm for a game. It gets to the point where you don't even care about the release anymore because if you think about it you'll get angry.
    So, you wanna play a rush-released piece of s**t? Not me, I got all the time in the world. Alan Wake being a prime example of my patience.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah difference is we only have to wait about 12 months or less for wake ,AND its gonna be a damn sight mor eimpressive game than yet another 3rd person shooter which we all know is just gonna be an ugraded resi 4 set in africa

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    So, you wanna play a rush-released piece of s**t? Not me, I got all the time in the world. Alan Wake being a prime example of my patience.
    No, i would like not to be teased every few months and have my heart set on a date only to be disapointed when they push it back a year. WTF is that. I guess it's because i love th series, it's my fav. It's like if they told you shenmue 3 was coming out next month, then they decide to push it back to spring 08'. Then after a few months they push it back another year. It can get frustrating after a while. Also, i do think that 4 years to make a game is a little much. it'll be like spore. That game has been pushed back so many times that nobody cares about it anymore, it's a punchline. I'm all for waiting for a game in order to get the best product possible. I'm just saying stick to a date. I wouldn't care if it was in 2011, just stop getting my hopes up.

capncnut
    No, i would like not to be teased every few months and have my heart set on a date only to be disapointed when they push it back a year.
    Yeah but there was never an 'official' date to begin with other than "sometime in 2008". That could mean anything, including December 08...

It's like if they told you shenmue 3 was coming out next month, then they decide to push it back to spring 08'. Then after a few months they push it back another year. It can get frustrating after a while.
    Man, Shenmue 3 has been dangled in front of my face for the last 5 years. Everything you list has happened but on a scale 20 times worse. The most frustrating thing about it is that Shenmue 3 has been reported as a finished project for the Dreamcast since 2 was released. And that was 2001.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Yeah but there was never an 'official' date to begin with other than "sometime in 2008". That could mean anything, including December 08...

Man, Shenmue 3 has been dangled in front of my face for the last 5 years. Everything you list has happened but on a scale 20 times worse. The most frustrating thing about it is that Shenmue 3 has been reported as a finished project for the Dreamcast since 2 was released. And that was 2001.

So you know the frustration that i feel. it takes on a whole new meaning when you relate it to a game that you're just fanatical over. I guess you're right about the official date thing. If you think about it though they did have an official year and couldn't even make that. Now that's bad.

capncnut
    Yeah, it may be 09 now but there's still a lot to smile about.

According to Takeuchi, the game will utilize the same gameplay model introduced in Resident Evil 4, while implementing thematics from the original Resident Evil into the game. Several staff members who also worked on the original Resident Evil are involved in development.
    The longer they take, the better it should be...

Being set in Africa, I'm thinking there's gonna be a spider boss.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    right now im more eager about halo3 bioshock and silent hill 5 meself.

fable 2's still lurkin' so im holding my breath on that one.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post

fable 2's still lurkin' so im holding my breath on that one.
    That's a good idea because sh5 won't be coming out for a good while. Bioshock on the otherhand ships on 8-21.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    aye and thats a must not jsut for a horror fan but for every 360 onwer it looks bitchin', i was excited from the time i heard "some game set in an underwater lab from the 1930's full of mutatants form old experiments", after hearing that i was sold

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    aye and thats a must not jsut for a horror fan but for every 360 onwer it looks bitchin', i was excited from the time i heard "some game set in an underwater lab from the 1930's full of mutatants form old experiments", after hearing that i was sold
    That's one of the games that makes me want to get an hdtv. Not an expensive one though. A 32 inch lcd for 6-$700 sounds about right. Have you ever seen these next gen games on one? Freakin' sweet man.

capncnut
    I'm a little concerned about SH5 myself. I hear Konami aren't developing and that they are taking a back seat with the project. Yeah, they are still publishing but, oh I dunno. It's just a little niggle, that's all.

Bioshock will bought and clocked in one day, end of.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah but as long as akira yamoaka does the soundtrack itll still be silent hill in my opinion