Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inappropriate or criminal?

United States

Inappropriate or criminal?

I love how this little twirp is all smiles like he hasn't got a care in the world...

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/boys-fa...24153509990001

Call me a prude but the only people I want slapping my ass is my boyfriend and even then there's a time and a place for that. I think personally as a female who's been ass slapped by strangers and pals alike its offensive because its not like a handshake where I get to reach out my hand to accept another persons. With an ass-slap-hello you're not really giving a person the choice to receive it. I've seen girls do it to guys but I presume men might dig that kind of attention.

While I dont think the boys should have to register as sex offenders because thats a bit too extreme I do think that their week in jail and probation would be sufficient punishment. It is inappropriate but by doing nothing beyond saying its bad manners and a simple school suspension its like saying try not to get caught next time.
    Last edited by MissJacksonCA; 25-Jul-2007 at 08:35 PM. Reason: i'm so stupid i cant believe the link i posted was for here lol
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think that's a touchy subject with alot of gray area. I'm not that far removed from my teen years and we did alot of dumb things that when i look back on them i'm like "what was i thinking?" The link you posted won't show anything for me but i'll comment anyway.

First did they know each other and have that type of relationship where he was comfortable doing that?

Was it merely a slap on the ass or did he feel her up/grope her? There is a huge difference.

Personally i have a daughter and i would be enraged. Either way no one has a right to touch anyone, period. I don't want anyone, let alone some hormone driven young punks treating my little girl like a piece of meat, which unfortunately is the cool thing to do nowdays. Females even refer to themselves as bitches and ho's. They have to start with some self respect for themselves first and then the majority of people will follow suit and see that sh'es not that type of girl. Misogyny is a real problem in our culture. However, females are complicit in it as well. They must carry themselves the way they would like to be treated instead of feeling that they are entitled to be treated like ladies regardless of their behavior. People see how you act, make a judgement and then treat you accordingly. Respect themselves as well as others. You give what you get. It's the same thing i would tell my daughter.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    well it may not be exactly poltically correct but im more into the chivalry of opening a door for a lady or pulling out there chair, but ass slapping, hell no, to be honest im pretty damn shy when i first meet new people, not my normally "hes cool...in small doses" self adn there is no way i would even have the guts to do that, adn if i did i still wouldnt ,if you do that why not make them act as a footstool and stuck out cigarettes on there ass

sex offender is a little strong, but sexual harrasment, totally.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    sex offender is a little strong, but sexual harrasment, totally.
    agreed. Although i'd like to know more about this particular story before commenting further. Sexual offender is a strong label and should not be tossed around lightly. It leaves a stigma on someone for the rest of their lives.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    all i know is that guy (channels mz over crystal ball) hobnoviously did not own a top hat OR play guitar hero 2, cus everyone knows if you dont have either your a pervert

Canada
    I can't comment as of yet,
    my comp is being an a**,
    it won't let me pull up the thread

United Kingdom
    I wouldn't consider someone who inappropriately slaps someone else's ass a sexual predator, just a rude, ignorant f*cking idiot.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    preach it girl! *equality five!*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    I can't comment as of yet,
    my comp is being an a**,
    it won't let me pull up the thread
    Yeah, the link mj posted is not working. It seems to be a link to something on this site though, not an actual article.

United States
    http://news.aol.com/story/_a/boys-fa...24153509990001

hope that link works...

Whats galling to me is that a boy/man would do that and expect not to get a swift kick in the jewels. If a guy actually tried to shake my hand hello it awes me to this day it makes him look chivalrus and like he has honorable intentions.

To answer your questions Dlo in case the link doesn't work...

Two boys were involved but the main problem is the one boy who reportedly also touched a young girls breasts at school. He and his friend ass slapped hello a few girls ...some of whom felt uncomfortable at school about it. The boys defense was that its like a 'secret handshake' the kids at the school have and that the girls have been reported as having done it too. It is to be noted that it is unclear as to whether the girls who reporedly felt uncomfortable did the ass slap as well but I imagine the girls who didnt complain to teachers about it were the ones who also ass slapped. Because its junior high i'm going to also imagine the girls who said it was okay perhaps could have been afraid of being ostracized for saying no we dont like it. Perhaps the girls that are more social and much 'easier' than the rest.

It was a slap on the ass where they felt the girls buttocks and depending on whether they were wearing skirts or pants who knows exactly how extremely violating that was.

I totally agree that some girls/women put out there a vibe of willingness to accept and engage in this type of behavior and it deeply sickens me that women would pander themselves to men in such poor taste for social acceptance or even for affection. However because several complaints were made about these two boys both on ass slapping and once for feeling a classmates breasts its apparent that perhaps girls who dont put off that vibe were also harassed in such a manner.

How we determine the girls who are asking to be treated like that is another thing. Some girls dress with skirts so low and thongs so high you can see their business and they may well think they should be treated like ladies but to anyone with half a brain they're asking for trouble and dressing like a tranny prostitute. I think a lot of blame can rest in their families permitting them to dress like that by giving them money for those clothes but then again there's ways around that anyway. A lot of it could have to do with how its somehow been made trendy to be easy and to sleep around and dress like you're willing to give it away but I think a lot could also have to do with how you were brought up. Some girls have a low self worth due to lack of attention from their families and because of that they'll seek attention any way they can from any one willing. Its sad but that's where we live today.

From my experience in high school (and I sure have changed since then) when I went to private school part of the time everyone there behaved with a real sense of decorum and respect. There were prolly 2 boys and 1 girl in the school who behaved like jerks but eventually they were kicked out for their bad behavior. I think more schools should take the stance that if you participate in such behavior you're obviously so low class you're only going to wind up working at McDonalds so you may as well be lobbed outta school and get a head start on learning how to sell fries with every order. Perhaps then students would step up. If after a year of working for minimum wage the students believe they can benefit from education and are willing to behave like gentlemen and ladies then they can submit to an interview and if their intentions seem genuine then they can be allowed back in.

I dont know what sickens me more... the kid smiling on his way out or his parents attitude like its no big deal. This could easily be a precursor to more sexually agressive bad behavior in their future and so it shouldn't be dismissed as a slight problem. Also while they shouldn't have to register as sexual offenders I feel that all sexually related crimes from a persons past should never be expunged from their record because it could be a sign of things to come and could play an important role in a future trial for another sexually related offense.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    that reminds me of something that happened when colege started.
    this pretnetious as hell dude (a drama major) who was the bleached hair, sunglasses and hawain shirt type sat opposite me and allways acted liek he new everything. and not bragging, no really its part of the story, i was top of my film class so i answered every question i could adn whenever i got somethign right and he didnt he gave me the filhtiest looks ive ever seen, needless to say i didnt like the guy,
    So im off with the flu for a week adn come bck adn after a while notcie hes been mising more than i have, i ask why and it turns out he was chatting up a girl and talked about how smart he was, and she mentioned, to my own pride, that she thought "that long haired kid danny was the smarter of the two".
    aparently he whent ape **** on her adn was caught later in the parking lot trying to "force himself upon her". He actually had the balls to blame it ,and his failing grades in other classes on me making him feel "inadequate" and tht the girls mentioning me made him feel like less of a man
    and got off with jsut explulsion adn not sex offender charges

seriously, when it comes to guys and gals some people are ****ing insane., adn i dont care if i sound old fashioned with all the open a door ,enevr hit a lady stuff but if you force yourself on a girl you most definatly aint a man, your a ****ing child with a mental disorder.
    Last edited by Danny; 25-Jul-2007 at 08:43 PM.

United States
    I dont think a friggin 13 year old slapping an ass is any reason to give him a felony, a sex offender's status, and even a minute in jail
    Hes a KID. You tell him if he does it again he's going to get screwed. You cant put every kid who does something stupid or rude in jail/
    JAIL is NOT the answer to everything.

Young boys are awkward and stupid. They so awkward stupid things. They get yelled at and embarrassed they usually stop.

That kids Not in high school. Hes BARELY in junior high!

Not a criminal until the fascist reactionary prosecutor made him so.

When I was really young I slapped a couple asses. I got yelled at and humiliated and never did it again. I was young and stupid and didnt really see it as the big deal it was. But not a big enough deal to send me to f**king prison.
    Christ. People need room to grow and make a mistake without the threat of prison for every dumb thing someone does.

I got MY ass slapped by Chicks and even my knot grabbed a couple times. Should they go to prison?
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    wow ... that's crazy... men just freak me out sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    I dont think a friggin 13 year old slapping an ass is any reason to give him a felony, a sex offender's status, and even a minute in jail
    Hes a KID. You tell him if he does it again he's going to get screwed. You cant put every kid who does something stupid or rude in jail/
    JAIL is NOT the answer to everything.

Young boys are awkward and stupid. They so awkward stupid things. They get yelled at and embarrassed they usually stop.

That kids Not in high school. Hes BARELY in junior high!

Not a criminal until the fascist reactionary prosecutor made him so.

When I was really young I slapped a couple asses. I got yelled at and humiliated and never did it again. I was young and stupid and didnt really see it as the big deal it was. But not a big enough deal to send me to f**king prison.
    Christ. People need room to grow and make a mistake without the threat of prison for every dumb thing someone does.

I got MY ass slapped by Chicks and even my knot grabbed a couple times. Should they go to prison?
    the kid was smiling! it wasn't like he felt like he did anything wrong!
    Last edited by MissJacksonCA; 25-Jul-2007 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    the kid was smiling! it wasn't like he felt like he did anything wrong!
    I thought about that. Than I realized that maybe he was very happy to be OUT OF JAIL. That would put a smile on anyones face. 5 days in jail for a boy who maybe couldve never been in trouble before is a really long time.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    While I too thought he could be smiling because he's exiting jail he should be concerned about his future and whether he may be signed on as a sex offender and facing further jail time.