Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your worst jobs ever

Canada

Your worst jobs ever

Come on, I wanna hear all about the
    worst jobs you've ever had in your life.

Mine was a waiter
    and an Elvis impersonator

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Thumbs down

I worked in a factory with a bunch of illegal aliens once. The working conditions there were abomidable. I actually felt sorry for those people because they had no other choice. I on the otherhand didn't really need the job and didn't have to stick it out. Needless to say i didn't last long there.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Mine was being a waitress, bartender, dishwasher, tennis instructor, and store manager... I enjoyed my job working for the forrestry service more than any of those jobs even after I had to climb into dirty dumpsters at the end of the week to clean them out... that's how bad my other jobs have been.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Damn, i would think that being a tennis instructor would be pretty cool. What was the downside?
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United Kingdom
    Two words: Burger King.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    an Elvis impersonator
    Aw, that sounds like fun
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

United States
    Well the downside is old men who want to oogle and sexually harass me... the older ladies who think they're better than me... the people my age who think they're better than everyone... not to mention playing in the heat of SC... on a hot humid day the temperature is almost too much to be able to breathe...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    Two words: Burger King.

Aw, that sounds like fun
    What can I say. I am the king

MacDonalds, one of the worst,
    underpaid, overworked and got
    fat on the munchies when I was
    sixteen.

Darth, you're lucky you could walk out of that job.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Like i said. I didn't need it. It really paints a picture for me about the plight of illegals coming to this country. If this is better than what they had in their home country, they must have had it really bad there. They needed that job and had to endure sh8tty wages and indignities in order to feed their families. That's messed up man. To top it off they were only getting like $3.50 an hour.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    kmart. friggin scumbags i tell u. no matter what color u were. if u werent white,u got no chance for advancement

United States

Take this job and shove it.

Worst job ; cleaning latreens ...
    I worked at Mc Donalds when I was 16 too. Saved up to buy my first guitar amp, Marshall jcm ...
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A "marketing representative" at a mortgage company. I hope to never have another office job for the rest of my life. I can't sit at a desk all friggin day long. I especially can't stand talking to people over the phone.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    kmart. friggin scumbags i tell u. no matter what color u were. if u werent white,u got no chance for advancement
    Didn't you say no matter what color you were?

Undisclosed
    Collecting DNA samples for the State Police. It was soooooo skeevy.

We had to go to prisons and do finger sticks and put 4 samples of blood on a coded card for each subject.

We also had to do remote collections for convicted fellons.

I know ... it sounds cool, but the first time your taking a sample from some guy who looks like a child molester and your having to sqeeze blood out of his finger onto the card ... and the look on his face is as if you were milking something else... You just want to throw up and run.

I never knew it somebody was going to throw a fit and refuse when I was doing it in a prison and descide to get crazy. (it happens) I hated having to keep track of where the guards were and if they were paying attention.

I never felt safe... not to mention the fact that the way some of them looked ... you didn't want to be anywhere near them ... let alone having to handly their blood... even with latex gloves.

I did it for a few months and had to quit. The money was not good and the stress was too great.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i was 12 years old, did this "part time paperboy" gig were you just whent to the local store and if a paperboy was ill or on vacation you did there route, you get the papers adn a reicept out the till of the addresses.
    Turns out the weather for my first day was a torrential downpour, needless to say the papers turned to damp mush, i got soaked adn cauhgt the flu from exposure adn from the ink running on the list delivered em to the wrong streets. and i was only being paid 1.50, which is like 3 bucks to you americans for delivering 120 papers.

i never whent in again funnily enough.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I second the paperboy. I haven't had as exotic jobs (At least not that I hated) as some of you guys, but being a paperboy sure sucked.

The papers were delivered to you at 3.30 AM, so you had to be up at 3.00 AM. It took perhaps ten or fifteen minutes to sort all the stuff out, cut open all the lines and stack them ontop of each other in a way that they would not fall off. Then you had to push your way through my very hilly route. Imagine carrying like 300 newspapers at the end of the month when they're extra thick with advertisements, because it's pay-day. Not fun. On Wednesdays, I got like 150 extra newspapers (weekly magazine) that had alot of subscribers so those were my least favourite days.

Then you push up these hills in pitch dark, listening to your MP3 player. Until you learned your route by mind, you had to check your list alot and that took extra time. You'd make lots of mistakes the first times around and have to go back to deliver an extra newspaper or take one back because you realized a few yards later you just gave it to the wrong mailbox. If you didn't have gloves on you, which I didn't have at times, your hands got all dried up by the paper so the next couple of days you'd have blisters all over them.

Social contact during my time as a paperboy? Negative 45%. You met one guy during your whole route: The guy who lumped the newspapers on the delivery station. He usually quipped something about how miserable this job was, then went back into the warmness of his van. After awhile, I purposefully arrived ten minutes late just so that the newspapers would already be there and I wouldn't have to glare at this guys comfy ride anymore, or listen to his smartass remarks.

Add to that, you go to bed around 20.00, if not earlier. Not much fun to be had there. Keep in mind I worked EVERY day. Imagine being stuck with that job every day for several years? I wasn't, but there are people who are. Imagine the ****ing agony of those times, not being able to go out and enjoy yourself with other people. You'll always be exhausted by the time the clock hits 7 PM. The other way to do it is you go up every day at around 3 PM, then you stay up until you do your round, then you go to bed at around 5-6 AM. Either way, your daily rhytm is ****ed up and you can't socialize with the rest of society.