Thread: escape from alcatraz...

Dying

walking down the ho chi minh trail,vietnam.
    Undisclosed

escape from alcatraz...

who has seen this film? what do you think? i think its a wikked film.and do you think frank and co made it to the land from alcatraz? if they did, i wonder what happened to those 3? whats your thoughts on it guys?
    Last edited by flyboy; 21-Aug-2007 at 01:27 AM. Reason: more to add!
    hold it flyboy! dont go into the stairway,dont open that door baby you'll lead them right up with you!

Super Moderator

United States
    *Phewww* I am so relieved, for a second there i thought this thread was going to be about a remake of a truly awesome movie.

Yup. Escape from Alcatraz is one of the movies that I first experienced on Sunday afternoon (Channel 11 WPIX in NY) along with others like Planet of the Apes, Jaws and Escape From New York that will always be some of my fav cinema ever.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Kazakhstan
    it's bloody awesome, i always watch that one when it comes on. i reckon clint survived and killed whoever had him put away.

the movie papillon was pretty cool too, ultimate massive mission to escape jail movie
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    it's bloody awesome, i always watch that one when it comes on. i reckon clint survived and killed whoever had him put away.

the movie papillon was pretty cool too, ultimate massive mission to escape jail movie
    Yojimbo agrees with Liam.

Escape from Alcatraz was good and I like to think that Frank made it out alive (though I am not sure if it was really based on truth or only tangentially so, but still a good flick!). Papillon also was good and gives one good ideas on how to hide money. <-- just kidding about the hiding money bit, sorry.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    who has seen this film? what do you think? i think its a wikked film.and do you think frank and co made it to the land from alcatraz? if they did, i wonder what happened to those 3? whats your thoughts on it guys?

Anything with Clint Eastwood is usually a very safe bet for entertainment. I don't think there is a Clint Eastwood film I don't like. Alcatraz is a great piece of cinema, very under rated, but hey look at how many films the man has done, at some point one of your projects will over shadow the rest.

Perfect example, Zack Snyder... I don't know him as the guy who did 300, I know him as the guy who directed DAWN 2004, when he makes something better than that maybe it will change, but 300 wasn't that great of a film and Dawn 2004 was way better than 300.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Canada
    Escape was a great movie,
    Clint Eastwood really hit a homerun
    with this movie. I haven't seen it in
    years but I remember that it stayed
    with me for weeks after I saw it

Undisclosed
    for sheer entertainment value you can't beat a Clint flick