Thread: Trailer?

Norway

Trailer?

Is it just me or are there no real trailer for the movie out on the web?
    Let me be spesific about what I want, I do not want behind the scenes footage, I do not want a talking head telling me his name how much he loves Romeros work and telling me about some movie he made himself/filmfestival/website about film. I do not want an intereview with Romero. I just want a trailer that show me some of the movie and when it will be out in Europe. Please help!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    Is it just me or are there no real trailer for the movie out on the web?
    Let me be spesific about what I want, I do not want behind the scenes footage, I do not want a talking head telling me his name how much he loves Romeros work and telling me about some movie he made himself/filmfestival/website about film. I do not want an intereview with Romero. I just want a trailer that show me some of the movie and when it will be out in Europe. Please help!
    Well, the distiburtion rights for the US were picked up AFTER the rights for across seas and the film is being released in 2008 in the US.....so you should be seeing a trailer very soon.

Norway
    Hope is green and life is beautifull!
    Thanks for replying.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    OK, WTF? We are 43 days away from the release date and I have yet to see a goddamn teaser, trailer, even a 30 second spot about the film. Is Dimension/Weinstein going to release this with no advertising? They aquired The Zombie Diaries and there has been word zero about that too. Looks like they dropped the ball with the release for Diary.

Here I thought they would be a good company, but I admit now I was wrong. They aquired the film in October and here it is January and not even a blip of advertising/promotion.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    OK, WTF? We are 43 days away from the release date and I have yet to see a goddamn teaser, trailer, even a 30 second spot about the film. Is Dimension/Weinstein going to release this with no advertising? They aquired The Zombie Diaries and there has been word zero about that too. Looks like they dropped the ball with the release for Diary.

Here I thought they would be a good company, but I admit now I was wrong. They aquired the film in October and here it is January and not even a blip of advertising/promotion.
    Maybe the release date that we've been given isn't the actual release date?....

I hope so, anyway.

Just been bitten

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Maybe the release date that we've been given isn't the actual release date?....

I hope so, anyway.
    According to Imbd it's only getting a limited release. Still it's damn odd that no trailers been released yet.
    God is Santa Claus for adults

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post

Gotta agree totally with you there. It really is bizarre that there is no trailer yet. At least with the Zombie Diaries it really is an incredibly tiny budget (I did enjoy it -although i enjoyed it more after seeing the extras and watching it a second time). Maybe someone at Dimension/Weinstein thinks they are being 'clever' and that the film will sell purely on internet hearsay (which it obviously wont). Is it really that difficult to cobble together a 90 second trailer?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MontagMOI View Post
    Gotta agree totally with you there. It really is bizarre that there is no trailer yet. At least with the Zombie Diaries it really is an incredibly tiny budget (I did enjoy it -although i enjoyed it more after seeing the extras and watching it a second time). Maybe someone at Dimension/Weinstein thinks they are being 'clever' and that the film will sell purely on internet hearsay (which it obviously wont). Is it really that difficult to cobble together a 90 second trailer?
    If the release date is indeed that close....I agree with you guys. The Wiensteins f*cked it up. Then again, I would hate it if they tried to imitate Cloverfield's marketing campaign.

ugh....I'm so sick of hearing about that movie. At least soon enough it will be released, people will see the monster, and then everyone will be let down with the film because their expectations have been built so high.

Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Then again, I would hate it if they tried to imitate Cloverfield's marketing campaign.
    I have only seen the trailer what have they done that is so special?

Quote Originally Posted by MontagMOI View Post
    Is it really that difficult to cobble together a 90 second trailer?
    No it is not and the fact that they have not done so makes me fear that they have not made any movie at all!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I have only seen the trailer what have they done that is so special?
    Ever since the teaser trailer with no titles appeared before Transformers last year there has been LOADS of pointless viral marketing and talk on the internet about that movie. The name of the film was announced only a few weeks ago and the first trailer was out last summer.
    Last edited by bassman; 03-Jan-2008 at 04:26 PM.

Norway
    No title for a teaser? You are right that is annyoing.

United States
    Yeah, Iv'e been waiting for a trailer for this movie forever now it seems. Not having a trailer out just shows a lack of confidence in the movie on the part of the distributors. Sucks
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Undisclosed
    No title for a teaser? You are right that is annyoing.
    Nope... actually it was genius. This was an effective move because it did what they intended to do. People will watch the movie.
    "How dare, Unicron... Cybertron and all its moons belongs to me!"

Memoirs of Lord_Galvatron, Avatar of Unicron

Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Galvatron View Post
    Nope... actually it was genius.
    The most annyoing marketing is the most effective marketing.