Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Script Review: World War Z

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So you definately recon audio first and then book... Not just book

Thinking about it. I agree with the others, forget the audiobook, go straight for the book for maximum impact.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Thinking about it. I agree with the others, forget the audiobook, go straight for the book for maximum impact.
    Perzactly, go for maximum impact - go for the book first.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Is the downed female pilot story in the audio book? That's one of my faves.
    I think it was. I listened to it a few months ago. I remember it didn't include some favourites of mine: the one about the smuggler, for example.

I read the book first and got the audiobook later. I don't know if that's the best choice. Probably, it is. Anyway, I would really recommend both: in the book you get the whole thing, and in the audiobook, something that feels, at its best, like a very creepy radio adaptation.

Undisclosed

Thumbs up

It's a really good idea, and will be a fun-filled zombie movie. This movies going to be a masterpiece adding a new take on the genre -- ben hur with zombies. It's got a cool title too `World War Z' I am defiantly going to pay & see this flick!
    Last edited by suicide22; 22-Dec-2007 at 03:32 PM.

Twitching

United States
    This movie has to be R,
    The themes are simply too mature. Take for example one of the primary facets of humanity surviving in the book, aka "The Decker Plan".

The deliberate and premeditated sacrifice of tens of thousands to save hundreds of thousands.
    How the heck do you retain the impact of that, and the consequences to the Plan's creator in a PG-13 format?

This movie has so much potential its simply mind-boggling. World War Z is one of the most amazing horror stories I've ever read.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    The deliberate and premeditated sacrifice of tens of thousands to save hundreds of thousands.
    as G'kar said in Babylon 5, "some must be sacrificed, if all are to be saved."

this is would be no different than WWII when millions died to defeat both the scumsucking nazis and the nasty bastards in japan.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Doing this movie as PG-13 would be like trying that with Schindler's List. It just would not work.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    After hearing you guys talking about it, I'm gonna buy this book the first thing I do when the stores open again.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    After hearing you guys talking about it, I'm gonna buy this book the first thing I do when the stores open again.
    You won't regret it - Fantastic book.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Norway
    MESSAGE FROM MODERATOR - PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH SPOILERS!!

I got the impression that they sacrificed the most of the population to save the rich and their servants, but the rich learned a lot from the servants so it was okay to sacrifice the icky middleclass anyway. Where did it say that they sacrificed tens of thousand to save hundres of thousand? In anycase if they wanted to create a diversion for the zombies it would have been more usefull to use a much smaller number of soldiers. Also the soldiers could escape when the evacuation where complete.

capncnut
    I guess I'm the only one who was disappointed by WWZ, I think it's incredibly overrated. That said, it's gonna be interesting to see how they turn it into a movie.

Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I guess I'm the only one who was disappointed by WWZ, I think it's incredibly overrated. That said, it's gonna be interesting to see how they turn it into a movie.
    No you are not, and if the movie is all action and less interview it might be good.

capncnut
    Seriously though, how are they gonna turn it into a script? Honestly, the only way out is to snag a chapter or two and base it around that.
    Last edited by capncnut; 01-Jan-2008 at 02:21 PM.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Simple movie formula - interviewer introduces subject, subject starts story, we are then pitched into the story they are telling with some voice over narration if it's needed.

I think it could be good.

BTW, I don't think it's overrated, I do think that some of the accounts/tales are a bit weaker than others.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Greatly anticipated. The best possible Zed flick I've heard of in a long time. Even if Romero doesn't do it, it'll still be good (I hope!)