Thread: Best Buy - Buy One Get One HD-DVDs

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Best Buy - Buy One Get One HD-DVDs

This week Best Buy is having Buy One Get oNe on Select HD-DVD's.

I grabbed:

Shrek 3
    Shooter
    Bourne Supremacy
    Backdraft
    Knocked Up
    Smoking Aces
    Serenity
    Disturbi
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    that aint exactly a good sign is it?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    According to Toshiba, Universal and Paramount... this war is far from over. They are releasing players now for under $130.00, and the buy one get ones have been done before with Blu-Ray, and HD-DVD. Nothing new.

Universal has extended their exclusivity agreement with HD-DVD, and that means we will be seeing Back to The Future, Jurassic Park and many other great films on HD-DVD only. Paramount is set to release their extensive catalog in the second quarter.

Remember this, if you own Blu-Ray you will not get Indiana Jones. Although Spielberg directed them, Paramount owns them and they are HD-DVD exclusive. Same goes with Jurassic and ET.

I like these BOGO sales it is way to buy the stuff you wouldn't normally waste $30.00 on, but this way I get it free.

Transformers and a few other films are part of the BOGO sale currently underway. Check their weekly ad for more info.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    According to Toshiba, Universal and Paramount... this war is far from over.
    It's definitely a good sign from Paramount and Universal, who are both the current leaders when it comes to big box office buckbusters. However, if their profits start to dwindle because of their dedication to HD-DVD, you can bet your ass they will drop the format like a hot cake. And without them, HD-DVD will most certainly be doomed.

I do agree with Hellsing to a certain extent, all these price slashes seem a bit desperate and it might force punters into thinking that the format is too 'cheap and cheerful'. Not that there's anything wrong with 'cheap and cheerful' but most kids nowadays are techno-savvy and wont go near it with a bargepole.

As for me, I don't think either format will scale the heights that regular DVD's have.
    Last edited by capncnut; 28-Jan-2008 at 08:12 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    It's definitely a good sign from Paramount and Universal, who are both the current leaders when it comes to big box office buckbusters. However, if their profits start to dwindle because of their dedication to HD-DVD, you can bet your ass they will drop the format like a hot cake. And without them, HD-DVD will most certainly be doomed.

I do agree with Hellsing to a certain extent, all these price slashes seem a bit desperate and it might force punters into thinking that the format is too 'cheap and cheerful'. Not that there's anything wrong with 'cheap and cheerful' but most kids nowadays are techno-savvy and wont go near it with a bargepole.

As for me, I don't think either format will scale the heights that regular DVD's have.
    damn striaght i wont buy a dvd if its over a tenner unless its a must own like superbad or hot fuzz or rocky balboa or something, gamestations 4 for £10 still rocks cloverfield creature sized cock