Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looks like casting has begun for the new romero film...

Chasing Prey

Canada

looks like casting has begun for the new romero film...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    Maybe we'll learn more about this from the Q&A session after the New York 'Diary' showing tomorrow!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Looks like someone posted some stuff on IMDb that's far from official.

"Okay folks, here's tonight's top ten list!"

10. Romero hasn't even attached himself as director of Diary II
    9. Romero isn't even finished with Diary I yet
    8. Romero said that he might ponder a sequel if the first one is a success
    7. Why start casting for a sequel when the original may well bomb at the cinema?
    6. Didn't Romero say he was making a zombie comedy?
    5. Michael Jai White? WTF?
    4. IMDb print a picture of Michael Jai White with no article or report to back it up
    3. I haven't found a shred of evidence that confirms Michael Jai White as being in the sequel to Diary
    2. IMDb has a long history of printing bulls**t
    1. Why the f**k is this thread even here?

<cue Paul Shaffer>
    Last edited by capncnut; 05-Feb-2008 at 08:51 AM.

Dead

Undisclosed
    I hope he decides to do something different than a second Diary.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    Why? Have you seen the first one? Do you know what is planned for the (possible) second one?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Why? Have you seen the first one? Do you know what is planned for the (possible) second one?
    I haven't seen Diary yet, but I would like to see him do something outside of the Dead series. Don't get me wrong....I obviously love his dead movies but his other movies are good too and he's starting to seem stuck with the zombies...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I haven't seen Diary yet, but I would like to see him do something outside of the Dead series. Don't get me wrong....I obviously love his dead movies but his other movies are good too and he's starting to seem stuck with the zombies...
    hell yes man, my sentiments exactly. i would love to see romero step away from zombies and do something, anything else. i'd hate for him to be remembered as a one trick pony.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    hell yes man, my sentiments exactly. i would love to see romero step away from zombies and do something, anything else. i'd hate for him to be remembered as a one trick pony.
    Exactly. Knightriders is my favorite non zombie Romero flick.
    Now that it has been brought up, a fresh GAR movie would be sooo good.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Dying

Undisclosed

Whoa!

Spawn's gonna solve the dead crisis?!?

Yeah, I know, That was a jump. Go on and flame me!
    Geo the Giant Killer aka Geophyrd aka me
    http://geophyrd.livejournal.com/

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I doubt this is true. But if it is, White seems to be moving on up in the acting world after Spawn and that Jerry Springer movie. He's in The Dark Knight and now possibly this...

Undisclosed
    I agree. I alway thought that Romero would be a good candidate to write/direct a good war drama. He could put his great little quarks into the characters, toss in some of his social comments, and, of course blow some freekin heads off.

Maybe set in the middle east? A jungle/nam type film would be good if to many people thought it wasn't overdone.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by twistbud View Post
    I agree. I alway thought that Romero would be a good candidate to write/direct a good war drama. He could put his great little quarks into the characters, toss in some of his social comments, and, of course blow some freekin heads off.

Maybe set in the middle east? A jungle/nam type film would be good if to many people thought it wasn't overdone.

there do esnt need to be a war zombie film. its bad enough what happened during the nam war. we were geting canibalized over there.....literally.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    No, Neil, still keeping an open mind until I see it. But, I'm tired of teenagers and their drama. I'd like to see another adult movie like Day or Dawn.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    No, Neil, still keeping an open mind until I see it. But, I'm tired of teenagers and their drama. I'd like to see another adult movie like Day or Dawn.
    why? they act worse than us "kids" when it comes to times of panic.

capncnut
    I have a friend who saw Diary in London last year, the report was very mediocre. Slightly better than Land but 'no great shakes' is what I heard.

Yeah, I agree 100%. I'd like to see him tackle a subject he hasn't attempted before, maybe even something away from horror.
    Last edited by capncnut; 06-Feb-2008 at 03:28 AM.