Thread: My 2008 show-reel...

Super Moderator

UK

My 2008 show-reel...

Finally got off my arse and pimped out a new show-reel, thought some of you might fancy a gander.

Featuring a bunch of stuff I've done from 2003 through 2007. Stuff from Uni, my own short films, and things I've done "officially" as a freelancer, as-it-were.

Administrator

England
    I love montages and music... Especially when they're this effective

Make sure you safely back this one up... You'll enjoy looking back upon it in 50yrs
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I love montages and music... Especially when they're this effective

Make sure you safely back this one up... You'll enjoy looking back upon it in 50yrs
    Oh aye me old mukka, I back these sort things on disc and to an external hard-drive, then of course in this case - YouTube as well.

Glad you liked my montage-rific reel, Neil.

Initially I was just going to pick a track and then not really edit to the music, but I always end up doing that and it works better. It's kinda tricky really, picking the right music that'll fit with a whole variety of footage, it has to be something with peaks & troughs to the rollercoaster of the track itself, then you have to figured out what order you'll use - which is really tough in itself, with so much disparate footage you just have to essentially dive in as if you were making a collage with paper - and then of course there's the pacing of it all, and do you use hard cuts, fades or dissolves between certain footage.

A lot of thinking goes into making a show-reel, so I put the effort in and I'm chuffed with it.

Undisclosed
    cool reel man, good job!

capncnut
    That was a nice reel, some mesmerising images there.