View Full Version : Ghostbusters 3?

Neil
05-Sep-2008, 08:17 AM
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117991624.html?categoryid=13&cs=1
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/More-Ghostbusters-3-Rumors-Surface-10045.html

I suspect this will get made!

MinionZombie
05-Sep-2008, 10:23 AM
I thought the GB game was supposed to be "Ghostbusters 3" practically speaking?

Well, I'd watch a GB3, just hope they make it good and don't make a limp come back or anything.

Also - they could all do with losing some weight before getting on screen. :sneaky::p

Neil
05-Sep-2008, 10:26 AM
I thought the GB game was supposed to be "Ghostbusters 3" practically speaking?

Well, I'd watch a GB3, just hope they make it good and don't make a limp come back or anything.

Also - they could all do with losing some weight before getting on screen. :sneaky::p

I can't see a reason for GB3 not to be made. Seems like a definate money maker!

DjfunkmasterG
05-Sep-2008, 11:28 AM
There have been so many false starts on this that I doubt it will get made, but here is hoping.

Danny
05-Sep-2008, 11:44 AM
theres been a ghostbusters 3 coming soon for like ten years now. but theres always been rumors later on, the most prominent being one of a group of "next generation" ghostbusters dying on the set. its all bollox and fanfare, if it aint happened yet it aint gonna.

bassman
05-Sep-2008, 12:00 PM
It probably won't happen. Not with the original guys, anyway. In which case Sony will probably try to buy their rights to the franchise and then do a friggin remake with Will Ferrell and Jimmy Fallon or some crap.:dead:

A GB 3 written by someone other than Ramis and Aykroyd? No thanks. Ghostbusters: The Game is my GB3. Besides.....this sort of "news" has been coming out regularly ever since summer 1989 after GB2 premiered...

MikePizzoff
05-Sep-2008, 12:12 PM
Aren't they a little old and out of shape now? I guess their faces wouldn't be shown in any scenes in which they have to jog/run. That's if the film gets made... which is highly unlikely; like Bassman said, this has been in the rumor-mill forever.

bassman
05-Sep-2008, 12:19 PM
Aren't they a little old and out of shape now? I guess their faces wouldn't be shown in any scenes in which they have to jog/run. That's if the film gets made... which is highly unlikely; like Bassman said, this has been in the rumor-mill forever.

Well....assuming their going by the outline/script that Aykroyd has been trying to get made for almost 20 years, it involves the original ghostbusters training a new group. So they wouldn't be doing most of the busting stuff.

One of the biggest things going against this film is the creators' portion of the rights. These days Sony won't allow more than 25% for the actors/creators, but Ghostbusters was before that so it's been reported that MOST of the rights to the franchise belong to the original people involved and not the studio.

Aykroyd and Ramis have always wanted a third film, but Aykroyd had a falling out with Sony, so he gave up on it and later turned to the game. Even if he's back inside with Sony, it will be like pulling teeth to get Murray into this. And if Murray doesn't get involved or sell back his portion of the rights....it can't happen. I still don't know how they talked him into voicing the character in the game...

MikePizzoff
05-Sep-2008, 12:24 PM
I've always been really interested in the falling out of Bill Murray. Could you give me some links about it, or maybe provide a background yourself?

I remember back in like 1997 a friend of mine was telling me that Murray said the only way he'd be involved in a 3rd one was if he were able to play Venkman as a ghost.

bassman
05-Sep-2008, 12:36 PM
I've read many different things over the years but in Murray's defense, he's always said that he feels like sequels put a dark shadow over the original. I could see that. He never wanted to do GB2, but because he was good friends with those guys, they were able to talk him into it by giving him a HUGE portion of the rights. Up until now, the only sequels he's ever done are GB2 and Garfield 2. And Garfield only involved him recording lines in a studio for a week or so and then walking away with an ass load of cash, so you could see why he went for that.

But GB3 aside, Murray has been pretty rude to fans of GB throughout the years. Many different smaller projects have tried to get off the ground including NECA figures that would've been awesome, but in most of these cases Murray would squash it. I've also heard that if you politely approach him for a GB autograph and not one of his newer artsy-fartsy films, he get's agitated.

But like I said, I can sometimes understand why the guy does what he does. I can understand that he wants to move on with his career, but he doesn't have to spit in the faces of fans of his early career(his best, imo). The most I want from him at this point is to sell his portion of the rights back to Aykroyd/Ramis/Reitman and be done with it. They can write him out of whatever they do. But instead, he holds on to it because he still gets money everytime GB is viewed, shirts are sold, posters, etc etc...

Bub666
05-Sep-2008, 01:21 PM
I would love to see a Ghostbusters 3,but I doubt it will ever happen.

AcesandEights
05-Sep-2008, 01:47 PM
Even if something along these lines happened it had better be a departure from that sad outing they had for the sequel. Ghostbusters 2 = 'Teh suck'!

bassman
05-Sep-2008, 01:52 PM
Even if something along these lines happened it had better be a departure from that sad outing they had for the sequel. Ghostbusters 2 = 'Teh suck'!

Watch it, aces. You don't want a beat down now do ya?:p

Nah...GB2 is the worst of the original films, I agree. But I don't think it's "The Suck".:rockbrow: It still has it's moments. Some good laughs in there, actually. I think it just pales in comparison to the original because it's ALMOST a xerox copy of the original.

zombie04
05-Sep-2008, 02:37 PM
Watch it, aces. You don't want a beat down now do ya?:p

Nah...GB2 is the worst of the original films, I agree. But I don't think it's "The Suck".:rockbrow: It still has it's moments. Some good laughs in there, actually. I think it just pales in comparison to the original because it's ALMOST a xerox copy of the original.

I don't think you could call GB2 the worst of the original films. It isn't better or as good as the first, but calling it the worst just makes it sound worse than it really is...especially since there's only two of them and one is bound to be better than the other.

bassman
05-Sep-2008, 02:54 PM
yeah....there's only two of them. I guess worst is the wrong word. I still love the film. Let's say it's the LEAST of the two.

There's one thing that I love about GB2. I love the awesome 80's rap soundtrack.:D

nQ_kdGXGNgg&hl=en&fs=1

eomeW_Sm8Nk&hl=en&fs=1

:lol:

Man I love it....

darth los
05-Sep-2008, 03:05 PM
But GB3 aside, Murray has been pretty rude to fans of GB throughout the years. Many different smaller projects have tried to get off the ground including NECA figures that would've been awesome, but in most of these cases Murray would squash it. I've also heard that if you politely approach him for a GB autograph and not one of his newer artsy-fartsy films, he get's agitated.

That would be like GAR dissing people wanting to talk about the trilogy.

Chic Freak
05-Sep-2008, 03:42 PM
Ghostbusters 2 = 'Teh suck'!

*gasp* :eek:

It's not teh suck! It's just not quite teh shiz like the first one was :cool:

I'd like it if the third was as good as the first two, but have a horrible feeling it might end up in kind of Terminator 3 syndrome, i.e. better left as it was.

darth los
05-Sep-2008, 03:47 PM
Terminator 3 did absolutly nothing for the series. I could swear that i was watching the second one only with a chick as the bad guy.

MinionZombie
05-Sep-2008, 04:10 PM
Now T3 ... THAT was "teh suck".

GB2 rocked, sure GB1 is better - but GB1 is so freaking awesome that its impossible to out-do it. GB2 was kick ass in its own right, and was a nice follow up story wise, had some great set pieces and was generally a hell of a lot of fun! :cool:

Not that they're in the same league, but it's like Short Circuit 2 - not as good as SC1, but how can you not love it? And indeed, how can you not well up when J5 gets the battery acid beaten out of him, and how can you not cheer when he 'punks up' and kicks arse in revenge? :)

I say leave GB3 as the soon-coming game, that notion works for a game, but I wouldn't wanna see a movie where it's not specifically about those four guys ... plus they're all chubby and thinning on top now, they're not in the same heyday anymore. It's best left alone ... this ain't Rambo you know, Rambo was awesome. :cool:

AcesandEights
05-Sep-2008, 04:13 PM
So they packed up their group, got a grip, came equipped
Grabbed their proton packs off their back and they split
Found about Vigo, the master of evil
Tryin' to battle my boys? That's not legal!

Oh Eee Oh. Oh Eee Oh.

Yuh, yuh, yuh, yuh know it!

Oh Eee oh. Owww!

Why do I remember this crap!? :annoyed:

Bub666
05-Sep-2008, 04:17 PM
Terminator 3 did absolutly nothing for the series. I could swear that i was watching the second one only with a chick as the bad guy.

Thats what I thought too.

bassman
05-Sep-2008, 04:23 PM
The only scene in GB 2 that really feels like GB1 to me is the whole courtroom scene. The comedy in that scene matches the original, imo.

"Your Honor, ladies and gentleman of the audience, I don't think it's fair to call my clients frauds. Sure, the blackout was a big problem for everybody. I was trapped in an elevator for two hours and I had to make the whole time. But I don't blame them. Because one time, I turned into a dog and they helped me. Thank you."

darth los
05-Sep-2008, 04:37 PM
The only scene in GB 2 that really feels like GB1 to me is the whole courtroom scene. The comedy in that scene matches the original, imo.

"Your Honor, ladies and gentleman of the audience, I don't think it's fair to call my clients frauds. Sure, the blackout was a big problem for everybody. I was trapped in an elevator for two hours and I had to make the whole time. But I don't blame them. Because one time, I turned into a dog and they helped me. Thank you."

That IS classic. Perhaps more moments like that would have elevated the film to the level of the original.

MikePizzoff
05-Sep-2008, 05:09 PM
Ghostbusters II was the first film I ever saw in a theatre. It's one of my most vivid memories from being that young. I can still remember how hot and sunny it was that day and my Mom taking me into the lobby where you purchase your ticket. I asked her where we were and she pointed to the GBII poster on the wall. I remember the overwhelming joy that cam over me.

Too hot to handle, too cold to hold, you call the Ghostbusters and they're in control!

bassman
05-Sep-2008, 05:23 PM
Ghostbusters II was the first film I ever saw in a theatre. It's one of my most vivid memories from being that young. I can still remember how hot and sunny it was that day and my Mom taking me into the lobby where you purchase your ticket. I asked her where we were and she pointed to the GBII poster on the wall. I remember the overwhelming joy that cam over me.

Too hot to handle, too cold to hold, you call the Ghostbusters and they're in control!

It's almost the same with me, man. I don't know if it was my FIRST film in theaters, but it's the first one I remember. I was so excited I could barely contain myself. I remember leaving the theater humming the music comiplation from the end credits and dancing.

Yes, I remembered the music from the credits on the first viewing. I'm that pathetic.:lol:

MinionZombie
05-Sep-2008, 05:31 PM
You're not pathetic, bassman ... I dug the choons too.

I don't know what my first trip to the cinema was for, but one of the first films I remember seeing in the cinema was Back to the Future 3! :cool:

darth los
05-Sep-2008, 05:36 PM
The first one i remember seeing was The Return of the Jedi. I thought the ewoks were chewy's kids or somethin'.

zombie04
05-Sep-2008, 05:53 PM
You're not pathetic, bassman ... I dug the choons too.

I don't know what my first trip to the cinema was for, but one of the first films I remember seeing in the cinema was Back to the Future 3! :cool:

BTTF 3 was the first I remember! Apparently my first theater experience was BTTF 2, but I have absolutely no recollection of it. Actually, I remember watching the hell out of my VHS of the first. Somehow my parents got the cardboard stand-up they had for Part 3 from the theater, unfortunately they trusted my brother with it and it is no longer. Shame really...

AcesandEights
05-Sep-2008, 05:57 PM
Hrm...I remember when they had a local re-showing of Star Wars prior to when Empire came out. I remember seing all the Star Wars films, as well as Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, E.T. (I cried) and Indiana Jones.

I remember where and when I saw a lot of these films, which is very cool to reminisce about, as well. For example, I recall seeing Ghostbusters on an overcast day, at some cinema I've not been to since, up in Hyannis, Ma, out on Cape Cod. My grandmother was sick at the time and we were visiting her in the hospital and that movie was a great break from all the depressing junk going on then.

darth los
05-Sep-2008, 07:37 PM
All this was Back in the day when truly great films made going to the movies an event, a great experience. The lack of quality of today's movies have turned the experience into merely a time killer.

bassman
05-Sep-2008, 07:38 PM
Normally I would agree, but I think this has been a pretty good summer for films. Maybe things will start to pick up a bit...

darth los
05-Sep-2008, 07:41 PM
That's probably due in large part to TDK. Without it what else was there really? Any films we'll be talking about years from now. And not because they were sucky.

bassman
05-Sep-2008, 07:58 PM
I did enjoy a few comedies. Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Tropic Thunder...

I'm sure alot of people will be talking about Iron Man. Personally, I thought it was rather...well..."meh"...

darth los
05-Sep-2008, 08:09 PM
I did enjoy a few comedies. Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Tropic Thunder...

I'm sure alot of people will be talking about Iron Man. Personally, I thought it was rather...well..."meh"...

If it weren't for TDK, Iron man would have been the movie of the summer. Now what that actually speaks to is anyone's guess. :confused:

bassman
05-Sep-2008, 08:11 PM
If it weren't for TDK, Iron man would have been the movie of the summer. Now what that actually speaks to is anyone's guess. :confused:

Well played, sir.

Yeah, TDK made this summer. Definitely...

MinionZombie
05-Sep-2008, 10:03 PM
This summer will be defined by the phrase "why so serious", and the image of The Joker a la Ledger, deffo.

And that's kinda cool, TDK has been absolutely massive and IS the movie of 2008, and totally justified in that position too.

Bub666
06-Sep-2008, 01:59 AM

I agree.

Doc
06-Sep-2008, 03:30 AM

I have a confession to make.......I actually like GB 2 better than the original......:shifty:

I'm in no way saying its better than the original because it clearly is not but, I have more of a soft spot for it I guess since I saw that on more than the original when I was little.

Bub666
06-Sep-2008, 12:18 PM
GB 2 wasn't that bad.

bassman
06-Sep-2008, 02:18 PM
I have a confession to make.......I actually like GB 2 better than the original......:shifty:

I'm in no way saying its better than the original because it clearly is not but, I have more of a soft spot for it I guess since I saw that on more than the original when I was little.

IF you were to look around GB forums, you would be surprised how many hardcore GB fans enjoy the sequel more than the original. It's quite common, actually.

Some even like the cartoons but don't like either of the films. Now THAT blows my mind...

EvilNed
06-Sep-2008, 02:46 PM
Meh. Didn't like Ghostbusters 2 at all.

MoonSylver
07-Sep-2008, 09:31 PM
The two words that ruined GB II for me: Mood Slime.

I always thought that the GB RPG that came out had an interesting idea: following the events in the original movie the appearance of Gozer in our dimension has permanently blown open the door to the spirit world, leaving us with the levels of haunting leading up to it's arrival.

As Venkman mentioned when taking out the loan from the bank "the franchise rights alone will make us rich beyond out wildest dreams." the Ghostbusters sell franchises world wide, just like McDonalds, with them as the head of Ghostbusters International. Players create their own characters & open their own franchise. Fun game.

bassman
07-Sep-2008, 09:37 PM
Straight from the source! Color me surprised. This is just in the scripting stages, but it's something. I have highlighted the part that blew my mind...

This is a letter from Harold Ramis(writer/Egon Spengler) to a local newspaper in his hometown.

yes, columbia is developing a script for GB3 with my year one writing partners, gene stupnitsky and lee eisenberg. judd apatow is co-producing year one and has made several other films for sony, so of course the studio is hoping to tap into some of the same acting talent. aykroyd, ivan reitman and i are consulting at this point, and according to dan, bill murray is willing to be involved on some level. he did record his dialogue for the new ghostbusters video game, as did danny and i, and ernie hudson. the concept is that the old ghostbusters would appear in the film in some mentor capacity. not much else to say at this point. everyone is confident a decent script can be written and i guess we’ll take it from there.
best,
harold

I still can't get over the fact that Murray has already said he'd participate. Apatow's gang sounds like a good idea, as well. If this comes to be a reality, it's a good year for Ghostbusters fans!:hyper:

MikePizzoff
07-Sep-2008, 09:45 PM
Awesome! I'm just nervous Judd Apatow's crew would make it too goofy.

bassman
07-Sep-2008, 10:16 PM
Awesome! I'm just nervous Judd Apatow's crew would make it too goofy.

I don't think they would. I've read interviews and all those guys seem to be fans and respect the original(and RGB was even mention in Superbad) so obviously they wouldn't try to make a raunchy R-rated film lik they normally do.

And with the writers/actors/director of the original on board to, at the very least, supervise.....this could turn out to be something really special. Or horrible. Either way. Who knows.:p

MinionZombie
07-Sep-2008, 11:39 PM
Hmmm...sounds interesting.

Just as long as they stick true to the source material, stick true to what we fans hold dear.

And bassman - the reference to the RGB lunch box had me smiling alright - I myself had an RGB lunch box. A wicked red one, had a thermos and everything. It was awesome. :cool:

Then stupid high school came along and I had to get a boring "grown up" clear tupperware lunch box ... pfft, stupid high school, stupid growing up etc...:D

bassman
08-Sep-2008, 12:49 AM
Hmmm...sounds interesting.

Just as long as they stick true to the source material, stick true to what we fans hold dear.

And bassman - the reference to the RGB lunch box had me smiling alright - I myself had an RGB lunch box. A wicked red one, had a thermos and everything. It was awesome. :cool:

Then stupid high school came along and I had to get a boring "grown up" clear tupperware lunch box ... pfft, stupid high school, stupid growing up etc...:D

:lol:

I had the same lunchbox, man.

Just hearing that reference in Superbad made me laugh my ass off. Maybe it was just because of memories, but I liked it.

Anywho, aside from that on-screen reference, I've seen/read many interviews in which Apatow and his group have expressed their love for Ghostbusters and the people that created it.

If all this is greenlighted, I can definitely see them giving it the justice that it deserves. If not....I still have my favorite film of all time. It's not going anywhere.

I'm trying to not get my hopes up, though. I've seen this happen many times. There was a point when Chris Farley, Adam Sandler, and Chris Rock were going to be in a Ghostbusters 3.:confused:

MinionZombie
08-Sep-2008, 10:00 AM
There was a point when Chris Farley, Adam Sandler, and Chris Rock were going to be in a Ghostbusters 3.

How glad am I that didn't happen?

http://www.grouplens.org/system/files/DSC_0099_m_s.jpg
T H I S G L A D :D

Doc
08-Sep-2008, 11:27 AM
I don't think they would. I've read interviews and all those guys seem to be fans and respect the original(and RGB was even mention in Superbad) so obviously they wouldn't try to make a raunchy R-rated film lik they normally do.

And with the writers/actors/director of the original on board to, at the very least, supervise.....this could turn out to be something really special. Or horrible. Either way. Who knows.:p

But even as fans, nothing is a guarantee. They could see injecting more of their style into it as a means of "updating" it. Or the studio could suggest it in order to try and bring in the fans of their other films.

bassman
08-Sep-2008, 11:43 AM
But even as fans, nothing is a guarantee. They could see injecting more of their style into it as a means of "updating" it. Or the studio could suggest it in order to try and bring in the fans of their other films.

Well after the copy and paste in Ghostbusters 2, maybe Ramis and Aykroyd need someone to breathe some new life into the franchise. I don't want to see another film that's virtually identical to the original.

Note: I like GB2. But you've got to be honest and admit that it's pretty much a copy of the original.

DjfunkmasterG
10-Sep-2008, 11:29 AM
Ramis has confirmed GB3.

However, as much as I want this, aren't these guys just a little too overweight and too old to be lugging around proton packs?

bassman
10-Sep-2008, 03:48 PM
Ramis has confirmed GB3.

However, as much as I want this, aren't these guys just a little too overweight and too old to be lugging around proton packs?

He's confirmed there's a script being written, not that the film will be made. There have been many scripts written that haven't gotten the green light. There's no garantee that it will be made.

It's supposed to involve the original Ghostbusters training a new group. So no, they won't be doing much busting.

Neil
10-Sep-2008, 04:24 PM
There have been many scripts written that haven't gotten the green light.Ask some guy called George Romero about that!

Neil
26-Sep-2008, 11:14 AM
Bill Murray is up for it :)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38496

Bub666
26-Sep-2008, 11:21 AM
That is great news.If Bill Murray is willing to do Ghostbusters 3,then this just might get made after all.:hyper:

bassman
26-Sep-2008, 01:54 PM
*looks up*

The sky isnt falling...so I guess that means Hell just froze over.

Something happened. That i'm sure of....

DawnGirl27
26-Sep-2008, 02:07 PM
Bassman, you brought back memories, man! I still have my cassette single of 'On Our Own' by Bobby Brown. To this day, still love it. I got my 3 nieces, (aged 7, 5, and 2) into it as well, and seeing them dance just brings me back... :)

Danny
27-Sep-2008, 10:31 AM
MESSAGE FROM MOD: Threads merged

*bass sploodges his screen*

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38496

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Tonight's closing night film at Fantastic Fest was CITY OF EMBER with director Gil Kenan in attendance and a surprise appearance by Bill Murray. I dug the movie (more on that later), but the reason you're reading this is due to a question Kraken asked during the Q&A.
I'm sure at some point the video of this will come out, but the non-line for line version of the question was how would Murray feel about strapping on the proton pack and kicking some ghost ass again?

I was very curious to hear Murray's answer. He's not as available to the press or public as Dan Aykroyd or Harold Ramis and he also seemed to be the least enthusiastic about a Ghostbusters sequel...

But tonight he said that he knew "some writers from THE OFFICE" were taking a stab at the script right now (which we already knew) and that he thinks that's a good start. He paused for a few seconds then said that he thinks enough time has passed and that "the wounds from GHOSTBUSTERS 2 are healed" and that he would definitely be into doing another GHOSTBUSTERS movie, stating that the first 40 minutes of the original film is some of the best stuff he's been associated with and the whole shoot was an amazing amount of fun.

He also went on to say that his enthusiasm for Ghostbusters was heightened after recording the voice of Peter Venkman for the video game over the summer. In fact, he said he found himself walking down the street singing the Ghostbusters theme song and then thought people walking around him were going to start yelling at him to "get over yourself, Bill," so he stopped... But the enthusiasm was there.

How cool is that?!?!?

And I got to shake his hand (down in a cave an hour and a half outside of Austin, no less) and have about 30 seconds of smalltalk with the man, where I blubbered something about STRIPES, CADDYSHACK and GHOSTBUSTERS being seminal films growing up and quickly ran back into the huge crowd trying to get at him. I found him to be a lot nicer and down to earth than I expected. It was a great day to be a geek...

Just thought I'd share the words from the man himself on GHOSTBUSTERS 3. If I was concerned about yet another '80s cornerstone being revisited (and possibly ruined) I'm totally over that now. If Murray is excited, then goddamn... who couldn't be excited?

IN9alsyOlwE

Bub666
27-Sep-2008, 10:38 AM
This is great news.If Bill Murray is willing to do Ghostbusters 3,then it might just it made.:D

Neil
06-Oct-2008, 08:29 AM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38628

bassman
06-Oct-2008, 12:19 PM
Virtually the same thing, but here's video of Murray's comments. It's at the 3 minute mark.

http://www.popcrunch.com/bill-murray-the-today-show-video-october-3/

It's so weird to hear him be open to the possibility. The game must be awesome. Apparently that's the reason he wants to return...

MikePizzoff
06-Oct-2008, 07:16 PM
Seems like he's pretty into it. I sort of hope it happens.

Danny
20-Nov-2008, 12:47 AM
were did all these rumors going round of seth rogan playing ray's son come from? i can see him spot on as a ghostbuster as the funny guy but ive googled this for a good 30 minutes and found no comment to give any credence to this.

bassman
20-Nov-2008, 11:52 AM
were did all these rumors going round of seth rogan playing ray's son come from? i can see him spot on as a ghostbuster as the funny guy but ive googled this for a good 30 minutes and found no comment to give any credence to this.

There really isn't any. It's the result of two things.

1. Some fan created a manip of Apatow's four guys in 40 Year Old Virgin as Ghostbusters. Not too great, if you ask me.
http://www.gbfans.com/images/news/gb3-virgin-cast.jpg
This spread across the net and then movie news sites somehow picked it up as actual news. You know how that crap goes.:dead:

2. When Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd both mentioned in interviews that the guys who worked on The Office are writting a third script, people asked about new comedians coming into the franchise. Aykroyd mentioned some of Apatow's group would be cool, but nothing was in the works. Then the news sites took that one and ran with it.

So there really isn't any truth behind it. Just fans' wish lists started it all. Then Rogen was asked a few times about it, to which he replied that he knew nothing. He's said in multiple interviews that he is a huge fan, but he's also had this to say about a potential third film..

It's hard to imagine that would be good, isn't it? I mean just as a movie fan I am the first guy to be skeptical of that. It sounds like a terrible idea when you first hear it. At first hearing it sounds like the worst idea ever. I mean, that would have to be one motherf***ing good script.

So yeah....just rumors.:cool:

bassman
24-Feb-2009, 01:34 PM
Well fuck me running.....

Listen to THIS (http://protoncharging.com/gb/2009/02/24/aykroyd-continues-gb3-production-push/).

The script is scheduled to be done this June and they hoping to start production in the fall for a 2010 release. All of the guys are in, including Murray:eek:, and they'll be "passing the torch" to a new generation.

Personally, I don't know if I like this idea. I just don't see a new team being able to create the chemistry and dynamics that made the originals so great. Even though this is still a big if(although it does seem more and more like it's going to happen), if it does indeed happen, I think i'm more excited about the game honestly. Maybe the films should be left where they stand and continue the story through video games with the original, digitally younger cast.

DjfunkmasterG
24-Feb-2009, 01:39 PM
As another Ghostbusters fan, I will disagree with Bassman on this subject. I want to see this movie.

While I am not a gamer, I am looking forward to the game.

MinionZombie
24-Feb-2009, 05:47 PM
Bring on the game ... ... as for the movie ... as a big GB fan I'm more than a little bit anxious after what happened with Indy 4 (I thought it was alright, but not a patch on #1 or #3 at all).

zombie04
24-Feb-2009, 06:35 PM
While I am skeptical of the quality if the movie actually happens I am hopeful that the positive energy of writing and making the game would have been a warm up that would give Ghostbusters 3 an edge over other old movie series being revived like Indy 4. Rather than simply picking up a franchise so many years later it'd be nice to assume the gears are running smoothly at this point.

bassman
24-Feb-2009, 06:43 PM
While I am skeptical of the quality if the movie actually happens I am hopeful that the positive energy of writing and making the game would have been a warm up that would give Ghostbusters 3 an edge over other old movie series being revived like Indy 4. Rather than simply picking up a franchise so many years later it'd be nice to assume the gears are running smoothly at this point.

Yeah, this is a good point. They've all revisited the characters for the game, so maybe the "warm up period" is over and they're ready to go full swing. Hopefully these two new writers(I still don't see why they don't get Ramis and Aykroyd to write it?:confused:) will pay as much respect to the franchise as the developers of the game have.

I'm skeptical. I'll be there to see it, but I'm going to try my best to not get excited about it until A) it's confirmed, and B) I've seen the direction they're taking.

If it works, great. If not...the orignals will still be awesome and the game appears to be more of a TRUE sequel than this proposed third film anyway...

Danny
24-Feb-2009, 06:56 PM
and like i posted earlier in the thread, seth rogans name pops up again.:rockbrow:

bassman
24-Feb-2009, 07:05 PM
and like i posted earlier in the thread, seth rogans name pops up again.:rockbrow:

That's just because he's the "go to" and "it" guy in hollywood right now. Sure, there's a possibility that he may end up in the final film, but I wouldn't bank on it.

I would much rather it be him than *shivers* Michael Cera. Cera worked with Ramis and the two writers of GB3 on the upcoming "Year One", so I hope he doesn't get thrown into the mix. I don't think I can take that guy's "acting" anymore.

Speaking of...how do you feel about him playing Pilgrim in Edgar Wright's film, Hells? You're a fan of Pilgrim if I remember correctly.*looks up at your avatar*

Danny
24-Feb-2009, 07:27 PM
after seing him in costume as scott he looks the part, but in the graphic novels scott pilgrims an energetic guy and cera seems kind of , i guess, boring. but then there aint that many early 20's actors doing the rounds today who can play for lack of a better term a loser:lol:

Mr.G
24-Feb-2009, 07:37 PM
Egon better start dieting; that's all I gotta say!

bassman
24-Feb-2009, 07:39 PM
Egon better start dieting; that's all I gotta say!

I think they all had. A bit high in the years to be carrying those supposedly heavy proton packs. Except for Hudson. Dude is fit for his age.:stunned:

They may not even wear their uniforms or packs in this new film. They may just hang around the firehouse and pop up every now and then for some advice and jokes...

zombie04
28-Feb-2009, 05:01 PM
They may not even wear their uniforms or packs in this new film. They may just hang around the firehouse and pop up every now and then for some advice and jokes...

Until the end when the new team screws up and they're forced to suit up once more to save the day. I don't want to make it sound like it'll be predictable, but I'm calling it now.

In a way I want this movie to be made, but I wouldn't be crushed if it never happened. I just want the game already!

MikePizzoff
01-Mar-2009, 09:14 PM
Until the end when the new team screws up and they're forced to suit up once more to save the day. I don't want to make it sound like it'll be predictable, but I'm calling it now.

I agree 100%. Someone's gonna owe us money when this movie comes out.

bassman
02-Mar-2009, 12:00 PM

In a way I want this movie to be made, but I wouldn't be crushed if it never happened. I just want the game already!

Maybe....but it seems too much like Louis suiting up at the end of GB2. Hopefully these new writers won't copy and paste like they did between GB1 and GB2.

Just found this...

Mr. Hough has sent in an article from Cinema Blend that claims Production Weekly, a film trade magazine, available only through expensive subscription, has listed Ghostbusters 3 in the latest issue (#650, March 5th). More interesting is that while no surprise actors are listed as attached, the listing does say Apatow Productions is attached. I’m not willing to shell out $60 to confirm, but the Production Weekly website does list that this issue does include Ghostbusters 3 as a listing. This is not the same as an official announcement from Sony/Columbia that production is greenlit - it’s possible that this listing is only included because Aykroyd, Ramis and Columbia have all confirmed that a script has been commissioned, and the Apatow connection has long been a rumour. Production Weekly may have some insight into that, but none that Cinema Blend (who presumably saw the issue) read, so for the time being this is encouraging, but still not final confirmation.

darth los
02-Mar-2009, 12:21 PM
^^^

Maybe that's why i don't like the sequel as much as the original. It felt like the same movie yet not pulled off as well. Imo, it was inferior and didn't do anything as well as it's predecessor.

:cool:

krakenslayer
02-Mar-2009, 12:56 PM
I must be the only person in the world who likes GB2 better than 1. It had a better villain with a lot more screen time, Winston was in it from the start, there was more action, plenty of humour, there was good chemistry between the cast and the Statue of Liberty finale was superb. GB1 on the other hand, takes a longer time to get going and relied a lot more of Peter Venkman's goofiness.

bassman
02-Mar-2009, 01:32 PM
I must be the only person in the world who likes GB2 better than 1. It had a better villain with a lot more screen time, Winston was in it from the start, there was more action, plenty of humour, there was good chemistry between the cast and the Statue of Liberty finale was superb. GB1 on the other hand, takes a longer time to get going and relied a lot more of Peter Venkman's goofiness.

Nah, you're not the only one. Trust me.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy GB2. It's just that they seem like they were trying to duplicate the sucess of the first film rather than create a whole new story.

Here are some similarities and can be used to describe both films...

•Dana is menaced by supernatural evil.

•A clueless, hopeless wierdo is introduced who is all but stalking Dana.

•The Ghostbusters are down on their luck/just starting out.

•Ray, Egon, and Venkman have a bust that turns things around for them.

•There's a montage sequence where business picks up.

•The Weirdo is posessed by the bad guys.

•The Bad Guys get Dana.

•The Ghostbusters are menaced and put under lock and key by a dickless, jack-off beaurocrat, before the mayor helps them.

•The show down where something big walks down the street and steps on stuff.

Those are just a few off the top of my head. As I said, I still love GB2. And even though it was more of a copy of the original, it also had a good bit of interesting and new things to bring to the table.

The mood slime
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/ghostbusters2/slimeriver2.gif

the possessed painting/Vigo
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/ghostbusters2/vigo.gif

World of The Psychic
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/ghostbusters2/psychic3.gif

And I also loved the "Peace" commentary woven throughout the flick.

So it's not all bad. Hooray for GB2!:cool:
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/ghostbusters2/ghostbusters-dance.gif

krakenslayer
02-Mar-2009, 03:02 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Great post, bassman! :thumbsup:

Mr.G
02-Mar-2009, 08:34 PM
Ugh, the mood slime? That was stupid! I like the movie but it's worse (IMO) than the original.

bassman
02-Mar-2009, 08:36 PM
Ugh, the mood slime? That was stupid! I like the movie but it's worse (IMO) than the original.

Well if you wanna get technical about it.....mood slime was in the first film. There's just good slime and bad slime.

"That's great. Actual, physical contact!........can you move?":lol:

zombie04
02-Mar-2009, 09:52 PM
If the mood slime does nothing for you maybe this will

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z3zCoIrEwNs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z3zCoIrEwNs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It's good, though upon rewatching the scene it could be included in Bassman's list of similarities to the first with the catching of Slimer in the hotel, although without the funniest line "I looked in the trap Ray!"

krakenslayer
02-Mar-2009, 09:57 PM
"You guys are making a big mistake... I got my law degree at night school!"

"Well that's fine Louis, we got arrested at night." :lol:

bassman
02-Mar-2009, 11:01 PM
"You guys are making a big mistake... I got my law degree at night school!"

"Well that's fine Louis, we got arrested at night." :lol:

Louis had many good lines in the sequel....

"my guys are under a judicial restrangement order. The blue thing I got from her! And they could be exposing themselves!"

"....and you don't want US exposing ourselves!"

Between the two films, Rick Moranis had some of the funniest material, imho. He's probably second to Murray and Ramis. Where have you gone, Moranis?.:(:p

MinionZombie
03-Mar-2009, 09:55 AM
Moranis just gave up acting didn't he? He said once he'd earned enough to just live on forever, he'd give up - and he's stuck to his word I guess.

Oh well.

I love GB2, even if GB1 is better - but GB1 obviously came first, and sequels are rarely better than the first ... I like to watch GB1 and GB2 as a pair, regardless of being very similar to GB1 (when you break it down), there's still a progression in the characters and their story ... plus it's just a fun flick with some great lines and scenes.

bassman
03-Mar-2009, 12:16 PM
Moranis just gave up acting didn't he? He said once he'd earned enough to just live on forever, he'd give up - and he's stuck to his word I guess.

Oh well.

He's now a country singer (http://rickmoranis.com/).:|

I love GB2, even if GB1 is better - but GB1 obviously came first, and sequels are rarely better than the first ... I like to watch GB1 and GB2 as a pair, regardless of being very similar to GB1 (when you break it down), there's still a progression in the characters and their story ... plus it's just a fun flick with some great lines and scenes.

One fan's theory on how to make Gb2 better...

IQcJlTOshQw&hl=en&fs=1

Mr.G
04-Mar-2009, 12:13 PM
He's now a country singer (http://rickmoranis.com/).:|

That was totally unexpected.