Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3?

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I thought the GB game was supposed to be "Ghostbusters 3" practically speaking?

Well, I'd watch a GB3, just hope they make it good and don't make a limp come back or anything.

Also - they could all do with losing some weight before getting on screen.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I thought the GB game was supposed to be "Ghostbusters 3" practically speaking?

Well, I'd watch a GB3, just hope they make it good and don't make a limp come back or anything.

Also - they could all do with losing some weight before getting on screen.
    I can't see a reason for GB3 not to be made. Seems like a definate money maker!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There have been so many false starts on this that I doubt it will get made, but here is hoping.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    theres been a ghostbusters 3 coming soon for like ten years now. but theres always been rumors later on, the most prominent being one of a group of "next generation" ghostbusters dying on the set. its all bollox and fanfare, if it aint happened yet it aint gonna.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It probably won't happen. Not with the original guys, anyway. In which case Sony will probably try to buy their rights to the franchise and then do a friggin remake with Will Ferrell and Jimmy Fallon or some crap.

A GB 3 written by someone other than Ramis and Aykroyd? No thanks. Ghostbusters: The Game is my GB3. Besides.....this sort of "news" has been coming out regularly ever since summer 1989 after GB2 premiered...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Aren't they a little old and out of shape now? I guess their faces wouldn't be shown in any scenes in which they have to jog/run. That's if the film gets made... which is highly unlikely; like Bassman said, this has been in the rumor-mill forever.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Aren't they a little old and out of shape now? I guess their faces wouldn't be shown in any scenes in which they have to jog/run. That's if the film gets made... which is highly unlikely; like Bassman said, this has been in the rumor-mill forever.
    Well....assuming their going by the outline/script that Aykroyd has been trying to get made for almost 20 years, it involves the original ghostbusters training a new group. So they wouldn't be doing most of the busting stuff.

One of the biggest things going against this film is the creators' portion of the rights. These days Sony won't allow more than 25% for the actors/creators, but Ghostbusters was before that so it's been reported that MOST of the rights to the franchise belong to the original people involved and not the studio.

Aykroyd and Ramis have always wanted a third film, but Aykroyd had a falling out with Sony, so he gave up on it and later turned to the game. Even if he's back inside with Sony, it will be like pulling teeth to get Murray into this. And if Murray doesn't get involved or sell back his portion of the rights....it can't happen. I still don't know how they talked him into voicing the character in the game...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've always been really interested in the falling out of Bill Murray. Could you give me some links about it, or maybe provide a background yourself?

I remember back in like 1997 a friend of mine was telling me that Murray said the only way he'd be involved in a 3rd one was if he were able to play Venkman as a ghost.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've read many different things over the years but in Murray's defense, he's always said that he feels like sequels put a dark shadow over the original. I could see that. He never wanted to do GB2, but because he was good friends with those guys, they were able to talk him into it by giving him a HUGE portion of the rights. Up until now, the only sequels he's ever done are GB2 and Garfield 2. And Garfield only involved him recording lines in a studio for a week or so and then walking away with an ass load of cash, so you could see why he went for that.

But GB3 aside, Murray has been pretty rude to fans of GB throughout the years. Many different smaller projects have tried to get off the ground including NECA figures that would've been awesome, but in most of these cases Murray would squash it. I've also heard that if you politely approach him for a GB autograph and not one of his newer artsy-fartsy films, he get's agitated.

But like I said, I can sometimes understand why the guy does what he does. I can understand that he wants to move on with his career, but he doesn't have to spit in the faces of fans of his early career(his best, imo). The most I want from him at this point is to sell his portion of the rights back to Aykroyd/Ramis/Reitman and be done with it. They can write him out of whatever they do. But instead, he holds on to it because he still gets money everytime GB is viewed, shirts are sold, posters, etc etc...

United States
    I would love to see a Ghostbusters 3,but I doubt it will ever happen.

Super Moderator

United States
    Even if something along these lines happened it had better be a departure from that sad outing they had for the sequel. Ghostbusters 2 = 'Teh suck'!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Even if something along these lines happened it had better be a departure from that sad outing they had for the sequel. Ghostbusters 2 = 'Teh suck'!
    Watch it, aces. You don't want a beat down now do ya?

Nah...GB2 is the worst of the original films, I agree. But I don't think it's "The Suck". It still has it's moments. Some good laughs in there, actually. I think it just pales in comparison to the original because it's ALMOST a xerox copy of the original.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Watch it, aces. You don't want a beat down now do ya?

Nah...GB2 is the worst of the original films, I agree. But I don't think it's "The Suck". It still has it's moments. Some good laughs in there, actually. I think it just pales in comparison to the original because it's ALMOST a xerox copy of the original.
    I don't think you could call GB2 the worst of the original films. It isn't better or as good as the first, but calling it the worst just makes it sound worse than it really is...especially since there's only two of them and one is bound to be better than the other.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    yeah....there's only two of them. I guess worst is the wrong word. I still love the film. Let's say it's the LEAST of the two.

There's one thing that I love about GB2. I love the awesome 80's rap soundtrack.

Man I love it....