PDA

View Full Version : Drugs...

deadwrtr
08-May-2006, 11:53 AM
I recently learned that 2 doors down from my house is a meth lab. It seems the guys who lived there had a meth lab in their basement, and also were cooking crack. I live on a fairly nice street, a visible police presence yet these guys had a thriving business.

The police raided the lab and shut it down (after chasing one of the guys through my back yard), but still, I never would have thought something like that could be going on so close to my own home.

Now I am eyeing other houses that have a lot of foot traffic.

:shifty:

MKULTRA1138
08-May-2006, 12:14 PM
Speaking from experience, I absolutely hate drugs. I've been clean for about 20 months now. I've never done meth but I've seen the effects it as on people and it's just tragic. All addiction is bad....period. I don't put addiction to one drug in a higher class than another. It just seems like Meth addiction is really hitting the country hard though.

Tricky
08-May-2006, 04:48 PM
Yeah i hate drugs now as well,i only took the "party" drugs,ecstasy & amphetamines (speed) but they totally raped my brain & im just feeling back to my old self now a year after i stopped it all!God knows why people still try things like meth & heroin when you see what it does to others!

MKULTRA1138
08-May-2006, 10:40 PM
God knows why people still try things like meth & heroin when you see what it does to others![/QUOTE]

Addiction is without a doubt a disease. I abused opiates to escape from what I thought were problems that wouldn't go away or couldn't be solved. Most of it is self pity though. As an addict you get trapped in an endless cycle of abusing the drug. I'm just glad that I had the chance to get clean before my addiction took a bigger toll on those around me.

Hawkboy
08-May-2006, 10:47 PM
Scary thing about a meth lab next door to you is that it's quite dangerous in terms of BLOWING UP!!! Very Scary stuff indeed!

DjfunkmasterG
08-May-2006, 10:51 PM
Hardcore drugs, like Meth scares me. I still smoke the occasional spliff, but back in the day i played around with some freaky stuff... I don't think I would ever touch Meth...After I have watched countless documentaries about it... I can guarantee I won't ever touch that sh*t.

Eyebiter
08-May-2006, 11:47 PM
Here in the midwest US meth is a major problem. It's gotten to the point that many cold remedies are being put behind the counter, and you have to sign your name in a book to buy them. Junkies will "smurf" for pills - drive around town and buy two boxes of cold medicine at every store in town. They usually get caught with two or three hundred boxes of cold medicine at a time.

Major expenses are being absorbed by state and local governments. Dental care bills are tens of thousands of dollars per inmate. Unfortunately the federal government hasn't recognized the threat, and still focus on drug smuggling from overseas.

deadwrtr
09-May-2006, 01:02 AM
Hardcore drugs, like Meth scares me. I still smoke the occasional spliff, but back in the day i played around with some freaky stuff... I don't think I would ever touch Meth...After I have watched countless documentaries about it... I can guarantee I won't ever touch that sh*t.

Never had an interest in drugs... maybe it's because I saw what it did to the people around me growing up, but whatever the reason, I'm glad I didn't try it.

Remember when crack was the big problem in the US? Then it was marijuana, then it was ecstacy, now it's meth. I've seen first hand the after affects of meth abusers, the itching drives them mad, their suppressed immune systems don't allow the scratches to heal, infections set in, no interest in eating...

Heroin is still a big problem, at least here in Lansing. Opium too, and crack occasionally. But meth is definitely the big scene stealer.

What's the answer?

glsjaw
09-May-2006, 01:07 AM
the sad thing is we are from all over this planet on this forum(big cities,small towns,back woods holes) and i bet we all have a story or two about hard core drugs (crack, coke,meth,H)
How sad is the race we call human. :(

Adrenochrome
09-May-2006, 01:11 AM
the sad thing is we are from all over this planet on this forum(big cities,small towns,back woods holes) and i bet we all have a story or two about hard core drugs (crack, coke,meth,H)
How sad is the race we call human. :(
Ya, the next town over from me is one of the Meth Capitals of the U.S. - a big bust a few weeks ago.

Terran
09-May-2006, 01:19 AM
*grumbles*
You all sound like idiots

Adrenochrome
09-May-2006, 01:21 AM
*grumbles*
You all sound like idiots
Explain yourself. I was not condoning this at all.:mad:

HLS
09-May-2006, 02:05 AM
I recently learned that 2 doors down from my house is a meth lab. It seems the guys who lived there had a meth lab in their basement, and also were cooking crack. I live on a fairly nice street, a visible police presence yet these guys had a thriving business.

The police raided the lab and shut it down (after chasing one of the guys through my back yard), but still, I never would have thought something like that could be going on so close to my own home.

Now I am eyeing other houses that have a lot of foot traffic.

:shifty:

Thats a good idea. Being more aware of your neighbors. You never know whats going on next door and how it can affect you and your safty. Can you imagine if that meth lab exploded?

kortick
09-May-2006, 03:29 AM
i have done every drug you can imagine
and i have paid the price for doing so in ways that
you could not imagine

even in your darkest nightmares you couldnt
envision the things i been thru
death, hah, that was just part of the scene
the lucky ones were the ones who simply died

dont mind terran
he is right about drug use leading to idiotic behavior
the only thing is he doesnt even really know what
he is talking about

imagine watching someone you know swell up and
black fluid ooze out of their mouth and nose as they die
in your arms....

Adrenochrome
09-May-2006, 04:26 AM
i have done every drug you can imagine
you could not imagine

dont mind terran
he is right about drug use leading to idiotic behavior
the only thing is he doesnt even really know what
he is talking about

imagine watching someone you know swell up and
black fluid ooze out of their mouth and nose as they die
in your arms....

Indeed, my friend. Or, has he ever had to tie his best friend to a bed and watch him/her writhe in pain for days trying to whip the Heroin Horse - Sure, you can watch Basketball Diaries or some such flick and get a tiny inkling as to what goes on, but until one SEEs or FEELs the Hell, one cannot even imagine what it's like to behave idiotically when it comes to drugs.
When I was about 15 I took my first dose of LSD (this was when it was still pharmaceutical grade LSD25), ten years later I was on dose #?? - I'd simply lost count after hundreds of doses. I was lucky to escape with my sanity in tact. My dose buddy "Jon" went from being a brilliant mathematical genius to a guy that lived under a bridge and huffed paint thinner on a daily basis until they dragged him from the creek.
If I could do it all over again, I'd not have taken as much LSD and would have only toked the occasional joint. I'll admit, I learned alot from my experience, but I also missed out on alot as well. Drugs are bad when taken to the extreme, no matter who uses them.

God knows why people still try things like meth & heroin when you see what it does to others!

Addiction is without a doubt a disease. I abused opiates to escape from what I thought were problems that wouldn't go away or couldn't be solved. Most of it is self pity though. As an addict you get trapped in an endless cycle of abusing the drug. I'm just glad that I had the chance to get clean before my addiction took a bigger toll on those around me.
Bingo! Just like I took the LSD because I "believed it helped with my artwork" - Yes, I created some intense pieces, but nowhere near as intense as when I created using patience and 100% MY imagination.

peace

MKULTRA1138
09-May-2006, 04:51 AM
[QUOTE=kortick]i have done every drug you can imagine
you could not imagine

QUOTE]

There is nothing lucky about dying as a result of drug addiction. I'm thankful for everyday I've had free from addiction(since august 16 2004) and my life has never been better. I credit alot of that to the NA program and the people I've met while attending meetings. Every addict has paid the price for his or her addiction in some form or another.

Adrenochrome
09-May-2006, 04:57 AM
[QUOTE=kortick]i have done every drug you can imagine
you could not imagine

There is nothing lucky about dying as a result of drug addiction. I'm thankful for everyday I've had free from addiction(since august 16 2004) and my life has never been better. I credit alot of that to the NA program and the people I've met while attending meetings. Every addict has paid the price for his or her addiction in some form or another.

I think he means that if you couldn't beat it and get clean, Death was better than living.

BTW, Congrats on the cleanliness, man!!!

zombieparanoia
09-May-2006, 05:03 AM
Yeah, drugs are stupid.

Anyways, I need a cig and a joe.

MKULTRA1138
09-May-2006, 07:20 AM
[QUOTE=MKULTRA1138]

I think he means that if you couldn't beat it and get clean, Death was better than living.

BTW, Congrats on the cleanliness, man!!!

If there was no possible way to get clean, then I could see death being a release from addiction but if one addict can do it then I think every addict can. This might offend some people but it's the way I feel about addiction. Alot of what keeps people active in the disease of addiction is self pity and being selfish. I see it almost everyday. More than a few people who attend meetings in my area recently decided to get high one last time and that last time is lasting way too long for them. Everytime I start thinking that I could do it one more time I think of all the **** I put my family and friends through. I couldn't do it again. I have a daughter who I want to see grow up and I don't want her to see that side of me. She's only 3 so she never really had the chance to know me as an addict and I'm grateful for that.

Adrenochrome
09-May-2006, 07:33 AM
[QUOTE=Adrenochrome]

If there was no possible way to get clean, then I could see death being a release from addiction but if one addict can do it then I think every addict can. This might offend some people but it's the way I feel about addiction. Alot of what keeps people active in the disease of addiction is self pity and being selfish. I see it almost everyday. More than a few people who attend meetings in my area recently decided to get high one last time and that last time is lasting way too long for them. Everytime I start thinking that I could do it one more time I think of all the **** I put my family and friends through. I couldn't do it again. I have a daughter who I want to see grow up and I don't want her to see that side of me. She's only 3 so she never really had the chance to know me as an addict and I'm grateful for that.
I agree with you on everything but one issue....I do not see addiction as a "disease". I see Addiction as a weakness of the mind not to be able to get a grip on self control. It's an excuse not a disease. People use the term "disease" these days to explain away everything they use to escape. When a person can "wake up" and see that that ARE in control of their own lives - that's the cure.
It's called REALITY, NOT a Dr. Phil Show.
(if that seems harsh, I apologize. I've gone to all the 12 step programs and eventually saw nothing but people addicted to 12 step programs - there is only ONE step......don't do it)

peace

Danny
09-May-2006, 07:47 AM
being a collge boy now for over a year ive met a lot of new freinds, some of which are stoners and theyll sit there giggling talking about how the dude with the glasses from how2 was a pimp but if you talk to them about stuff like meth at least two will shut up and get serious saying "they dont go near that stuff".

MKULTRA1138
09-May-2006, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE=MKULTRA1138]
I agree with you on everything but one issue....I do not see addiction as a "disease". I see Addiction as a weakness of the mind not to be able to get a grip on self control. It's an excuse not a disease. People use the term "disease" these days to explain away everything they use to escape. When a person can "wake up" and see that that ARE in control of their own lives - that's the cure.
It's called REALITY, NOT a Dr. Phil Show.
(if that seems harsh, I apologize. I've gone to all the 12 step programs and eventually saw nothing but people addicted to 12 step programs - there is only ONE step......don't do it)

peace

All I know is that I couldn't have stayed clean this long without working a 12 step program and attending NA meetings 3 - 5 times a week. I try to stay involved in the recovery community in town as much as possible. It feels good to help someone else out that is struggling with addiction. Now I do agree with you that people use the term disease as an excuse. I see it almost everyday and it annoys me to no end to see someone wasting away much like I was doing.

Adrenochrome
09-May-2006, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=Adrenochrome]

All I know is that I couldn't have stayed clean this long without working a 12 step program and attending NA meetings 3 - 5 times a week. I try to stay involved in the recovery community in town as much as possible. It feels good to help someone else out that is struggling with addiction. Now I do agree with you that people use the term disease as an excuse. I see it almost everyday and it annoys me to no end to see someone wasting away much like I was doing.
I'm not doubting that it helps you; I have a friend back in Memphis that can only stary sober if he goes to AA. I'm sort of a stubborn, pompus ass so I needed to find a diferent route.
I'm glad it worls for you and it does feel good to help others.:D

peace

kortick
09-May-2006, 03:21 PM
the thing is find whatever works for you

if for you it was a 12 step program then great
they help a great many people
but there are others they dont help
some people just dont believe in a higher power and never will

some people it takes hitting bottom
some people it takes losing a good friend or family member
some people it takes meeting a girl/guy who fills the hole
some people having a kid and seeing life differnetly does it

there are many different roads that lead to the same place

i have problems with NA
it is not that i dont think they do good work
but do this...

go to any person in NA and ask them how long they have been sober

they will tell you 1 year, 5 months 2weeks 3days and 5 hours
or whatever it is
the idea you are a junkie for life and can never move on is
not healthy
this is not just my opinion but the stated belief of councilors
they wont let you get on with your life
after a while you have to put things behind you
someone dies you mourn them but you dont wear black forever
you dont forget them but you have to live your life without them
reminding people everyday they were users is negative

living in the past prevents the use of present moments

this is not an anti NA flame
they have helped a lot of people
and will help many more
but they are not the only answer

and i am glad for anyone who beat their problems
no matter how they did it

and beleive me death is a far better thing
than ending up the way some people i know who are "alive"
dont doubt it for a second
i say what i mean
and i mean what i say

best to you man

Adrenochrome
09-May-2006, 03:22 PM
the thing is find whatever works for you

if for you it was a 12 step program then great
they help a great many people
but there are others they dont help
some people just dont believe in a higher power and never will

some people it takes hitting bottom
some people it takes losing a good friend or family member
some people it takes meeting a girl/guy who fills the hole
some people having a kid and seeing life differnetly does it

there are many different roads that lead to the same place

i have problems with NA
it is not that i dont think they do good work
but do this...

go to any person in NA and ask them how long they have been sober

they will tell you 1 year, 5 months 2weeks 3days and 5 hours
or whatever it is
the idea you are a junkie for life and can never move on is
not healthy
this is not just my opinion but the stated belief of councilors
they wont let you get on with your life
after a while you have to put things behind you
someone dies you mourn them but you dont wear black forever
you dont forget them but you have to live your life without them
reminding people everyday they were users is negative

living in the past prevents the use of present moments

this is not an anti NA flame
they have helped a lot of people
and will help many more
but they are not the only answer

and i am glad for anyone who beat their problems
no matter how they did it

and beleive me death is a far better thing
than ending up the way some people i know who are "alive"
dont doubt it for a second
i say what i mean
and i mean what i say

best to you man
Very well put. You and I seem to have alot in common, my friend.

peace

Tricky
09-May-2006, 05:20 PM
I was never an addict,i just took the stuff when i went to big dance events,obviously my brain doesnt like having strange chemicals pushed through it!

living proof of addiction though,whitney houston,once a very attractive woman,who now looks like she's from the PG tips adverts :(
http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1393324.jpg