Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drugs...

United States

Drugs...

I recently learned that 2 doors down from my house is a meth lab. It seems the guys who lived there had a meth lab in their basement, and also were cooking crack. I live on a fairly nice street, a visible police presence yet these guys had a thriving business.

The police raided the lab and shut it down (after chasing one of the guys through my back yard), but still, I never would have thought something like that could be going on so close to my own home.

Now I am eyeing other houses that have a lot of foot traffic.

Undisclosed
    Speaking from experience, I absolutely hate drugs. I've been clean for about 20 months now. I've never done meth but I've seen the effects it as on people and it's just tragic. All addiction is bad....period. I don't put addiction to one drug in a higher class than another. It just seems like Meth addiction is really hitting the country hard though.
    we've got spite and dedication as a vehement brew
    the world hates us, well we hate them too
    but you're exempted of course if you
    come and join us
    independent, self-contented, revolutionary
    intellectual, brave, strong and scholarly
    if you're not one of them, you're us already so
    come and join us

Come Join Us - Bad Religion

England
    Yeah i hate drugs now as well,i only took the "party" drugs,ecstasy & amphetamines (speed) but they totally raped my brain & im just feeling back to my old self now a year after i stopped it all!God knows why people still try things like meth & heroin when you see what it does to others!

Undisclosed
    God knows why people still try things like meth & heroin when you see what it does to others![/QUOTE]

Addiction is without a doubt a disease. I abused opiates to escape from what I thought were problems that wouldn't go away or couldn't be solved. Most of it is self pity though. As an addict you get trapped in an endless cycle of abusing the drug. I'm just glad that I had the chance to get clean before my addiction took a bigger toll on those around me.
    we've got spite and dedication as a vehement brew
    the world hates us, well we hate them too
    but you're exempted of course if you
    come and join us
    independent, self-contented, revolutionary
    intellectual, brave, strong and scholarly
    if you're not one of them, you're us already so
    come and join us

Come Join Us - Bad Religion

Canada
    Scary thing about a meth lab next door to you is that it's quite dangerous in terms of BLOWING UP!!! Very Scary stuff indeed!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hardcore drugs, like Meth scares me. I still smoke the occasional spliff, but back in the day i played around with some freaky stuff... I don't think I would ever touch Meth...After I have watched countless documentaries about it... I can guarantee I won't ever touch that sh*t.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Here in the midwest US meth is a major problem. It's gotten to the point that many cold remedies are being put behind the counter, and you have to sign your name in a book to buy them. Junkies will "smurf" for pills - drive around town and buy two boxes of cold medicine at every store in town. They usually get caught with two or three hundred boxes of cold medicine at a time.

Major expenses are being absorbed by state and local governments. Dental care bills are tens of thousands of dollars per inmate. Unfortunately the federal government hasn't recognized the threat, and still focus on drug smuggling from overseas.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    Hardcore drugs, like Meth scares me. I still smoke the occasional spliff, but back in the day i played around with some freaky stuff... I don't think I would ever touch Meth...After I have watched countless documentaries about it... I can guarantee I won't ever touch that sh*t.
    Never had an interest in drugs... maybe it's because I saw what it did to the people around me growing up, but whatever the reason, I'm glad I didn't try it.

Remember when crack was the big problem in the US? Then it was marijuana, then it was ecstacy, now it's meth. I've seen first hand the after affects of meth abusers, the itching drives them mad, their suppressed immune systems don't allow the scratches to heal, infections set in, no interest in eating...

Heroin is still a big problem, at least here in Lansing. Opium too, and crack occasionally. But meth is definitely the big scene stealer.

What's the answer?

Undisclosed
    the sad thing is we are from all over this planet on this forum(big cities,small towns,back woods holes) and i bet we all have a story or two about hard core drugs (crack, coke,meth,H)
    How sad is the race we call human.
    its all about the Party.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by glsjaw
    the sad thing is we are from all over this planet on this forum(big cities,small towns,back woods holes) and i bet we all have a story or two about hard core drugs (crack, coke,meth,H)
    How sad is the race we call human.
    Ya, the next town over from me is one of the Meth Capitals of the U.S. - a big bust a few weeks ago.

Undisclosed
    *grumbles*
    You all sound like idiots

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran
    *grumbles*
    You all sound like idiots
    Explain yourself. I was not condoning this at all.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwrtr
    I recently learned that 2 doors down from my house is a meth lab. It seems the guys who lived there had a meth lab in their basement, and also were cooking crack. I live on a fairly nice street, a visible police presence yet these guys had a thriving business.

The police raided the lab and shut it down (after chasing one of the guys through my back yard), but still, I never would have thought something like that could be going on so close to my own home.

Now I am eyeing other houses that have a lot of foot traffic.

Thats a good idea. Being more aware of your neighbors. You never know whats going on next door and how it can affect you and your safty. Can you imagine if that meth lab exploded?

United States
    i have done every drug you can imagine
    and i have paid the price for doing so in ways that
    you could not imagine

even in your darkest nightmares you couldnt
    envision the things i been thru
    death, hah, that was just part of the scene
    the lucky ones were the ones who simply died

dont mind terran
    he is right about drug use leading to idiotic behavior
    the only thing is he doesnt even really know what
    he is talking about

imagine watching someone you know swell up and
    black fluid ooze out of their mouth and nose as they die
    in your arms....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick
    i have done every drug you can imagine
    and i have paid the price for doing so in ways that
    you could not imagine

even in your darkest nightmares you couldnt
    envision the things i been thru
    death, hah, that was just part of the scene
    the lucky ones were the ones who simply died

dont mind terran
    he is right about drug use leading to idiotic behavior
    the only thing is he doesnt even really know what
    he is talking about

imagine watching someone you know swell up and
    black fluid ooze out of their mouth and nose as they die
    in your arms....
    Indeed, my friend. Or, has he ever had to tie his best friend to a bed and watch him/her writhe in pain for days trying to whip the Heroin Horse - Sure, you can watch Basketball Diaries or some such flick and get a tiny inkling as to what goes on, but until one SEEs or FEELs the Hell, one cannot even imagine what it's like to behave idiotically when it comes to drugs.
    When I was about 15 I took my first dose of LSD (this was when it was still pharmaceutical grade LSD25), ten years later I was on dose #?? - I'd simply lost count after hundreds of doses. I was lucky to escape with my sanity in tact. My dose buddy "Jon" went from being a brilliant mathematical genius to a guy that lived under a bridge and huffed paint thinner on a daily basis until they dragged him from the creek.
    If I could do it all over again, I'd not have taken as much LSD and would have only toked the occasional joint. I'll admit, I learned alot from my experience, but I also missed out on alot as well. Drugs are bad when taken to the extreme, no matter who uses them.

Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRA1138
    God knows why people still try things like meth & heroin when you see what it does to others!

Addiction is without a doubt a disease. I abused opiates to escape from what I thought were problems that wouldn't go away or couldn't be solved. Most of it is self pity though. As an addict you get trapped in an endless cycle of abusing the drug. I'm just glad that I had the chance to get clean before my addiction took a bigger toll on those around me.
    Bingo! Just like I took the LSD because I "believed it helped with my artwork" - Yes, I created some intense pieces, but nowhere near as intense as when I created using patience and 100% MY imagination.

peace
    Last edited by Adrenochrome; 09-May-2006 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost