PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Joss Whedon series?

Danny
30-Mar-2010, 10:34 AM
Watched serenity with mates and it sparked a debate, mostly convincing a mate that dollhouse is shit and the only reason he defends it (without having seen it mind) is because he is in love with elisa duschku, a fact his girlfriend felt upset about to say the least.

-But yeah, keeping on topic whats your favourite joss whedon tv series? Were talking Buffy the vampire slayer, its spin off Angel, Firefly and Dullhouse.

It was pretty much 60/40 firefly/angel with us, i was leaning to angel. i loved firefly and all its characters, and mal was a great, non angsty protagonist, which is always cool. but through its 7 season angel just had some great work put into it, acting, story arcs, music and effects that it built up given his long nature. If firefly had lasted longer it would probably be my favorite but a short season and tie-up movie just didnt cut it.

Though i did like buffy, but when they were in there 30's still acting like they were in highschool it got awkward.

Dollhouse can die in a fire though, i hate that show, dont get me started.

bassman
30-Mar-2010, 11:44 AM
There should be a 'none of the above' option.:p The only positive mark out of his work is Toy Story. Serenity wasn't that bad, but wasn't very good either.

It's funny you mentioned your friend liking Dollhouse just because of Dushku's looks. I've been saying the same thing about Buffy and Gellar ever since it started...

wayzim
30-Mar-2010, 12:09 PM
There should be a 'none of the above' option.:p The only positive mark out of his work is Toy Story. Serenity wasn't that bad, but wasn't very good either.

It's funny you mentioned your friend liking Dollhouse just because of Dushku's looks. I've been saying the same thing about Buffy and Gellar ever since it started...

I started out with Buffy, but when Angel came on it was more geared toward older viewers. I also had a thing for the detective Kate (Elizabeth Rohm ) and later Gwen (Alexa Davalos, Andromeda in the new Clash of The Titans )

Wayne Z

AcesandEights
30-Mar-2010, 01:56 PM
Buffy was great fun for a while, but I thought Firefly was quite a nicely done concept & universe.

darth los
30-Mar-2010, 01:59 PM
It begins and ends with Buffy. If you told anyone that you watched it, they'd probably think you were gay (not that there's anything wrong with that).

However, once you give it a chance it's very addicting. You can't help but like it.

Danny
30-Mar-2010, 02:22 PM
It begins and ends with Buffy. If you told anyone that you watched it, they'd probably think you were gay (not that there's anything wrong with that).

However, once you give it a chance it's very addicting. You can't help but like it.

whats wrong with buffy?:rockbrow:

is it less manly than star trek the next generation?:D

AcesandEights
30-Mar-2010, 02:25 PM

To be fair, few things are, so that is a loaded question.

paranoid101
30-Mar-2010, 02:28 PM
Loved both buffy and angel, but the series I enjoyed the most was Firefly, real shame it got cancelled after ones series.

EvilNed
30-Mar-2010, 04:16 PM
Firefly is the only good one, as far as I'm concerned.

darth los
30-Mar-2010, 04:31 PM
whats wrong with buffy?:rockbrow:

To be fair, few things are, so that is a loaded question.

Nuff said.

http://threesixty360.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/800px-george_takei_chicago_gay__lesbian_pride_2006.jpg

:cool:

bassman
30-Mar-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm no Trekker, but I'm pretty sure he was Sulu in the original series and films, Los. Not TNG.:p

Danny
30-Mar-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm no Trekker, but I'm pretty sure he was Sulu in the original series and films, Los. Not TNG.:p

HE JUST BROKE THE RULES

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/hairfeast.jpg

darth los
30-Mar-2010, 04:42 PM

I know, but it was the only gay pic i could find on such short notice man. Cut a brotha some slack, will ya? :lol:

bassman
30-Mar-2010, 04:46 PM
:lol:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/8558/@av-trek-Gay_startrek.gif

AcesandEights
30-Mar-2010, 04:50 PM
George Takei brings the words "creepy diction" to a whole other level. That said, he is the man, not in his relationships per se, but I mean he's the shit.

That's all I have to say about that.

darth los
30-Mar-2010, 04:51 PM

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/8558/@av-trek-Gay_startrek.gif

Kinda quick on the draw there huh tex?

I don't know whether to commend you or worry about you on how you were able to produce that so quickly. It's like you had it in a holster cocked and ready. :lol:

bassman
30-Mar-2010, 04:55 PM

Simple google, my friend.

shootemindehead
30-Mar-2010, 06:06 PM
None.

I hate Joss Whedon.

AcesandEights
30-Mar-2010, 06:29 PM
Did you go to grammar school with him, or did you witness him murder an innocent civilian during the war, or something?

bassman
30-Mar-2010, 06:36 PM

Haven't you heard? Shootem is the new SRP. They hate everything and everyone.:p

AcesandEights
30-Mar-2010, 07:03 PM

Haven't you heard? Shootem is the new SRP.

Is this true?!

Litmus Test: Shootem, how do you feel about the film The Outlaw Josey Wales?

darth los
30-Mar-2010, 07:14 PM
George Takei brings the words "creepy diction" to a whole other level. That said, he is the man, not in his relationships per se, but I mean he's the shit.

That's all I have to say about that.

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/assets_c/2009/02/YouDaManJesus-thumb-500x435.jpg

EvilNed
30-Mar-2010, 07:32 PM
Star Trek is the best franchise ever, you guys shut your pieholes!

But yeah, it's wierd sometimes... And George Takei is just soooo gay...

clanglee
30-Mar-2010, 08:18 PM
There should be a 'none of the above' option.:p ...

This^

Although I did enjoy The movie Serenity. . .I never really gave the show a chance. His other shows just seemed so. . . . I dunno. . . .teenybopper I guess.

Legion2213
30-Mar-2010, 08:59 PM
Can't stand Buffy or Angel, utter drivel.

Firefly on the other hand was one of the best sci-fi shows ever, in my personal top 5 of all time.

Summer Glau went above and beyond the call of awesome in this show (as did all the cast).

http://www.gilesbowkett.com/images/river_tam_psychic.jpg

shootemindehead
31-Mar-2010, 11:46 AM
Is this true?!

Litmus Test: Shootem, how do you feel about the film The Outlaw Josey Wales?

I love it.

No wait! I hate it!

Ah bugger.....now I'm totally confused.

BTW, what the hell is SRP?

AcesandEights
31-Mar-2010, 01:54 PM
BTW, what the hell is SRP?

SRP is short for SRP76, the screen name of a fellow forum member who is well regarded for his no-nonsense opinions; he's very quotable, and somewhat infamous for his exacting standards. Popular opinion holds SRP only likes three things: certain zombie fare, Clint Eastwood and KISS. Others opine he only has time for two things in this world: chewing bubble gum and kicking ass, and he is, apparently, all out of bubble gum.

bassman
31-Mar-2010, 01:56 PM
You forgot Kiss. Three things. He only likes three things.

AcesandEights
31-Mar-2010, 02:01 PM
You forgot Kiss. Three things. He only likes three things.

Edited in your changes, Bassman, thank you for helping me keep it real :D

shootemindehead
31-Mar-2010, 05:59 PM
SRP is short for SRP76, the screen name of a fellow forum member who is well regarded for his no-nonsense opinions; he's very quotable, and somewhat infamous for his exacting standards. Popular opinion holds SRP only likes three things: certain zombie fare, Clint Eastwood and KISS. Others opine he only has time for two things in this world: chewing bubble gum and kicking ass, and he is, apparently, all out of bubble gum.

I hate KISS.

Mike70
31-Mar-2010, 08:07 PM
Star Trek is the best franchise ever, you guys shut your pieholes!

amen to that.

i went with firefly. i liked buffy and angel but neither hold a candle to firefly.

clanglee
31-Mar-2010, 09:31 PM
I hate KISS.

Then you sir. . . .are no SRP!!

Danny
31-Mar-2010, 09:35 PM

he could be a secret juggalo who envies there superior catface makeup skillz.

shootemindehead
01-Apr-2010, 12:47 PM

Woohoo!

bassman
14-Apr-2010, 02:53 AM
Any of you Joss Whedon fans also into Marvel comics? He's directing The Avengers. (http://www.joblo.com/joss-whedon-set-to-direct-the-avengers)

This is a daring move on Marvel Studio's part. Considering he's only directed one flick, I would say they're making a VERY risky move. :stunned:

AcesandEights
14-Apr-2010, 01:44 PM
Any of you Joss Whedon fans also into Marvel comics? He's directing The Avengers. (http://www.joblo.com/joss-whedon-set-to-direct-the-avengers)

This is a daring move on Marvel Studio's part. Considering he's only directed one flick, I would say they're making a VERY risky move. :stunned:

I dunno, I think Whedon handles an ensemble well and the real risk with the Avengers is going to be the script and writing, though visually there will also have to be a delicate tone struck.

Anyway, that's where my concern lies, and the dude supposedly scripting it (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0672015/)...:|