View Poll Results: what is this i dont even.

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buffy the vampire slayer

4 36.36%
  • Angel

2 18.18%
  • Firefly

5 45.45%
  • Dollhouse

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Joss Whedon series?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Favourite Joss Whedon series?

Watched serenity with mates and it sparked a debate, mostly convincing a mate that dollhouse is shit and the only reason he defends it (without having seen it mind) is because he is in love with elisa duschku, a fact his girlfriend felt upset about to say the least.

-But yeah, keeping on topic whats your favourite joss whedon tv series? Were talking Buffy the vampire slayer, its spin off Angel, Firefly and Dullhouse.

It was pretty much 60/40 firefly/angel with us, i was leaning to angel. i loved firefly and all its characters, and mal was a great, non angsty protagonist, which is always cool. but through its 7 season angel just had some great work put into it, acting, story arcs, music and effects that it built up given his long nature. If firefly had lasted longer it would probably be my favorite but a short season and tie-up movie just didnt cut it.

Though i did like buffy, but when they were in there 30's still acting like they were in highschool it got awkward.

Dollhouse can die in a fire though, i hate that show, dont get me started.
    Last edited by Danny; 30-Mar-2010 at 10:36 AM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There should be a 'none of the above' option. The only positive mark out of his work is Toy Story. Serenity wasn't that bad, but wasn't very good either.

It's funny you mentioned your friend liking Dollhouse just because of Dushku's looks. I've been saying the same thing about Buffy and Gellar ever since it started...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    There should be a 'none of the above' option. The only positive mark out of his work is Toy Story. Serenity wasn't that bad, but wasn't very good either.

It's funny you mentioned your friend liking Dollhouse just because of Dushku's looks. I've been saying the same thing about Buffy and Gellar ever since it started...
    I started out with Buffy, but when Angel came on it was more geared toward older viewers. I also had a thing for the detective Kate (Elizabeth Rohm ) and later Gwen (Alexa Davalos, Andromeda in the new Clash of The Titans )

Wayne Z

Super Moderator

United States
    Buffy was great fun for a while, but I thought Firefly was quite a nicely done concept & universe.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It begins and ends with Buffy. If you told anyone that you watched it, they'd probably think you were gay (not that there's anything wrong with that).

However, once you give it a chance it's very addicting. You can't help but like it.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    It begins and ends with Buffy. If you told anyone that you watched it, they'd probably think you were gay (not that there's anything wrong with that).

However, once you give it a chance it's very addicting. You can't help but like it.
    whats wrong with buffy?

is it less manly than star trek the next generation?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    To be fair, few things are, so that is a loaded question.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Great Britain
    Loved both buffy and angel, but the series I enjoyed the most was Firefly, real shame it got cancelled after ones series.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Firefly is the only good one, as far as I'm concerned.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    whats wrong with buffy?

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    To be fair, few things are, so that is a loaded question.
    Nuff said.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm no Trekker, but I'm pretty sure he was Sulu in the original series and films, Los. Not TNG.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    I'm no Trekker, but I'm pretty sure he was Sulu in the original series and films, Los. Not TNG.
    HE JUST BROKE THE RULES

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I know, but it was the only gay pic i could find on such short notice man. Cut a brotha some slack, will ya?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Super Moderator

United States
    George Takei brings the words "creepy diction" to a whole other level. That said, he is the man, not in his relationships per se, but I mean he's the shit.

That's all I have to say about that.