PDA

View Full Version : Comments on the script over at AICN

Neil
06-Sep-2006, 08:32 AM
www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=24404

AcesandEights
06-Sep-2006, 09:41 AM
I didn't want to read too much, but I am much heartened by what little I did read. Thanks for the link, Neil!

MinionZombie
06-Sep-2006, 11:21 AM
Sounding a bit better than I'd been feeling, but still needs some polishing I think, not too sure about that MySpace part.

zombiegirl
06-Sep-2006, 01:27 PM
Don't want to read it but crossing my fingers by your reactions. :D

Chakobsa
06-Sep-2006, 10:31 PM
Sounds promising at least.
If it's done right it could be really great.

TheWalkingDude
06-Sep-2006, 10:50 PM
Well it does sound more promising. Hopefully that will keep up the more we find out about it.

Belial
07-Sep-2006, 12:53 AM
I had a bad feeling about this, but now I'm hopeful...

(...) "it's basically a Zombie road movie with the sort of imagery Land was missing. We get to see Amish zombies, golfer zombies, burnt zombie cops and a character keeping the rest of his undead family, in the deep end of the swimming pool, underwater, because he doesn't know what to do with them." ----> SOUNDS PROMISING, GUYS!!!

DjfunkmasterG
07-Sep-2006, 11:55 AM
I dunno,

I still have deep reservations about Diary of the DEAD. This just sound more and more ludacris by the second. When I read the review I was like this isn't possible. Is Romero slipping into senility? This review and comment on the script has me more swinging to maybe he should retire, or wait a few more years and do WORLD of the DEAD or LAND 2 or whatever they were going to call it.

Not too mention DTV, that's a death sentence right there.

sirjacktorrance
07-Sep-2006, 11:55 AM
this guy says the script is ...better than land ...??

I dunno,

I still have deep reservations about Diary of the DEAD. This just sound more and more ludacris by the second. When I read the review I was like this isn't possible. Is Romero slipping into senility? This review and comment on the script has me more swinging to maybe he should retire, or wait a few more years and do WORLD of the DEAD or LAND 2 or whatever they were going to call it.

Not too mention DTV, that's a death sentence right there.

i donīt think so... all the diary of the dead issue is a consequence of the long waited night of the living dead tv series thar romero has always wanted to make. I thinks the idea of the tv series will be great and diary of the dead could be a great dvd franchise.

MikePizzoff
07-Sep-2006, 05:59 PM
Wowww! I had horrible expectations for this film... but after reading that review, it sounds like it could be among the best after he does some little revisions to it.

jim102016
08-Sep-2006, 05:37 PM
Wow, I didn't realize that barf and stomach acid could burn thru my shirt like this. Did you guys read through that whole thing? The living dead start to rise and a teenager goes home, posts info on "MYSPACE" ?

WTF???!!!!

What the hell is this all about? The world is falling apart and people are screwing around with MySpace? Is it me or is this turning into a Disney Channel show? Are they going to argue over shooting the dead too because its not "politically correct"? What ever happened to the radio or the tv news?

Am I a 'hater' by saying I do not want to see a bunch of immature teenagers run around on their cell phones, using 'like' as every other word, posting their so-important ground-breaking opinions on MySpace? Its bad enough the real world has gotten this bad, now George is following suit?

Talk about generation gap...Romero needs to stop kissing the asses of the younger crowds and make a good movie that his real fans will enjoy!!!

Dommm
19-Sep-2006, 12:16 PM
Somthing fresh, in that old idea totally fresh spin. And its done by GAR, I have not been disspointed by his work yet and douybt very much that I will be.

Deadman_Deluxe
20-Sep-2006, 06:35 AM
Let's just hope the direct reference to MYSPACE is either a complete and utter lie ...or something that gets dropped like a hot brick.

Dommm
20-Sep-2006, 09:54 AM
Let's just hope the direct reference to MYSPACE is either a complete and utter lie ...or something that gets dropped like a hot brick.

Maybe there will be an obvious/underlying subplot that we can dissect, lets hold our reservations before we throw down on it. I mean has GAR ever truly dissapointed.

DjfunkmasterG
20-Sep-2006, 12:59 PM
Let us not forget AICN.com creamed over Land of the Dead, both the film and the script, and that film didn't exactly get a great welcome. GAR himself admits the problems with LAND.

bassman
20-Sep-2006, 01:01 PM
Let us not forget AICN.com creamed over Land of the Dead, both the film and the script, and that film didn't exactly get a great welcome. GAR himself admits the problems with LAND.

That depends on who you're asking. True, most everyone will admit to the problems.....but alot of people gave it a warm welcome....

MinionZombie
20-Sep-2006, 05:49 PM
Darn tootin' bassman, I gave Land a very warm welcome ... it almost told on me for touching it inappropriately too! :D

Everyone I've encountered in real life was into the movie, and of course, it did much better over here than it did over there. I mean, putting a halloween holiday movie up against the summer blockbusters ... come on.

Moon Knight
22-Sep-2006, 05:12 PM
Am I a 'hater' by saying I do not want to see a bunch of immature teenagers run around on their cell phones, using 'like' as every other word, posting their so-important ground-breaking opinions on MySpace? Its bad enough the real world has gotten this bad, now George is following suit?

It's true, the world has gotten bad enough, but isn't that what GAR does in his dead movies? This is a dead movie reflecting our decade, love it or hate it, that's all it going to be.

Myself? I can do without all the myspace crap. Just hopes he keeps it realistic and believable, and not have these students run around being very unlikeable.

bassman
22-Sep-2006, 05:21 PM
Myself? I can do without all the myspace crap. Just hopes he keeps it realistic and believable, and not have these students run around being very unlikeable.

Unlikeable like Cooper, Whooley, the Biker Gang, Rhodes, Steele, Cholo, and Kaufman?:shifty:

Moon Knight
22-Sep-2006, 05:30 PM
Unlikeable like Cooper, Whooley, the Biker Gang, Rhodes, Steele, Cholo, and Kaufman?:shifty:

Actually no, those zany cast of characters are very likeable. I'm talking bout unlikeable to the point where you don't care for them whatsoever. Say like the entire cast of THE COVENANT? :p

bassman
22-Sep-2006, 05:32 PM
Actually no, those zany cast of characters are very likeable. I'm talking bout unlikeable to the point where you don't care for them whatsoever. Say like the entire cast of THE COVENANT? :p

You liked and cared for all the "bad" people in the films? I could see someone liking Steele and Cholo.....but you like Cooper, Kaufman and all those guys? Hrm.:rockbrow:

capncnut
22-Sep-2006, 08:10 PM
If George actually makes this movie then the rest of us zombie-heads have got to get our (zombie) heads around the whole 'alternate univererse' gig. When I was in my teens, I was a huge Arthur C. Clarke fan and loved the Space Odyssey series. All 4 of them are contradictory to the point of confusion but that never stopped me from the loving the 3rd book the best. Clarke once said that he wanted his fans to regard the sequels as being 'directly linked to each other in seperate universes'. This is how we'll have to look at Diary Of The Dead. It may contradict the timing of the zombie uprising and throw in a lot of quirky new threads (in the Land commentary, did'nt GAR say that he wanted to explore the avenue of undead animals?) but this could be the best GAR project since Day. A lot of people felt let down by Land. I say balls to them! I loved it and have now come to trust George, especially when it comes down to zombies. He wont let us down.
PS: Anyone heard anything about a Martin remake?

bassman
22-Sep-2006, 08:47 PM
If George actually makes this movie then the rest of us zombie-heads have got to get our (zombie) heads around the whole 'alternate univererse' gig. When I was in my teens, I was a huge Arthur C. Clarke fan and loved the Space Odyssey series. All 4 of them are contradictory to the point of confusion but that never stopped me from the loving the 3rd book the best. Clarke once said that he wanted his fans to regard the sequels as being 'directly linked to each other in seperate universes'. This is how we'll have to look at Diary Of The Dead. It may contradict the timing of the zombie uprising and throw in a lot of quirky new threads (in the Land commentary, did'nt GAR say that he wanted to explore the avenue of undead animals?) but this could be the best GAR project since Day. A lot of people felt let down by Land. I say balls to them! I loved it and have now come to trust George, especially when it comes down to zombies. He wont let us down.
PS: Anyone heard anything about a Martin remake?

This is how I already view Romero's existing "Dead" films. Everyone is always bickering about "did Land come before Day or is the timeline in the order the films were made" and "how long have the dead been walking? shouldn't they be more decomposed?" yadda yadda. I watch the films as if they have nothing to do with each other other than the fact that they have zombies and the "of the Dead" title.

I think that's probably the way Romero wants it too.....

But I agree with you. And hell yeah....."Land" was worthy!

jim102016
23-Sep-2006, 02:40 AM
Undead Animals? I think that is going TOO far. That really, really takes it off the marker. No matter how realistic it may seem by how it may be presented by GAR (something from space, gov't virus, etc.) it drops everything down to a much lower level.

I just can't imagine an undead rabbit, an undead dog........its just ridiculous!

How the hell would anyone ever get away from this if even birds were infected and carrying it to the far corners of the earth?

I hope he stays away from this Japanese suicide mission.

Moon Knight
23-Sep-2006, 09:26 AM
You liked and cared for all the "bad" people in the films? I could see someone liking Steele and Cholo.....but you like Cooper, Kaufman and all those guys? Hrm.:rockbrow:

Well no, I don't LIKE them, I like hating them. That's the point, the're supposed to give emotion. Cooper was a dick and all, but he did make sense sometimes. Kaufman? GREAT villian and well played. Rhodes? Even better. I mean, c'mon, would Day of the Dead be the same without him?

I'm just saying I don't want cheesy, awful teen actors playing the lead roles.

Debbieangel
01-Oct-2006, 02:56 AM
I think there is alot of hope cause GAR is doing this himself so he can do it his own way like NOTLD....now tell the truth arent we all glad we can even say there is a NEW GAR movie coming out soon? Gotta love the man and his political statements!! I cant wait for the new one!!!
BTW isnt it exciting all the new zombie movies coming out? We all should be in zombie heaven lol!!!

AssassinFromHell
01-Oct-2006, 03:51 PM
Well no, I don't LIKE them, I like hating them. That's the point, the're supposed to give emotion. Cooper was a dick and all, but he did make sense sometimes. Kaufman? GREAT villian and well played. Rhodes? Even better. I mean, c'mon, would Day of the Dead be the same without him?

I'm just saying I don't want cheesy, awful teen actors playing the lead roles.

Not all teen actors are cheesy. And come on, they're in college, so they're most likely in their twenties :rolleyes:

There's a such thing as good young actors, but they're thrown asside for the horrible pretty boys that dominate hollywood who couldn't act their way out of a paper bag (they should keep it on anyway...).

Moon Knight
01-Oct-2006, 09:36 PM
Well, I guess if GAR has total freedom over casting than it should turn out ok. I'm really looking forward to another GAR film. Exciting. :D