Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comments on the script over at AICN

Administrator

England

Comments on the script over at AICN

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    I didn't want to read too much, but I am much heartened by what little I did read. Thanks for the link, Neil!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Sounding a bit better than I'd been feeling, but still needs some polishing I think, not too sure about

that MySpace part

Banned User

United States
    Don't want to read it but crossing my fingers by your reactions.

Haiti
    Sounds promising at least.
    If it's done right it could be really great.
    The reasoning man who scorns the prejudices of simpletons necessarily becomes the enemy of simpletons; he must expect as much, and laugh at the inevitable.
    Marquis De Sade.

Just been bitten TheWalkingDude's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Well it does sound more promising. Hopefully that will keep up the more we find out about it.
    Member of the Pittsburgh Pimp Squad....... Playersssssssss Pimpin Aint Easyyyyyyyy

Spain
    I had a bad feeling about this, but now I'm hopeful...

(...) "it's basically a Zombie road movie with the sort of imagery Land was missing. We get to see Amish zombies, golfer zombies, burnt zombie cops and a character keeping the rest of his undead family, in the deep end of the swimming pool, underwater, because he doesn't know what to do with them." ----> SOUNDS PROMISING, GUYS!!!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I dunno,

I still have deep reservations about Diary of the DEAD. This just sound more and more ludacris by the second. When I read the review I was like this isn't possible. Is Romero slipping into senility? This review and comment on the script has me more swinging to maybe he should retire, or wait a few more years and do WORLD of the DEAD or LAND 2 or whatever they were going to call it.

Not too mention DTV, that's a death sentence right there.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    this guy says the script is ...better than land ...??

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I dunno,

I still have deep reservations about Diary of the DEAD. This just sound more and more ludacris by the second. When I read the review I was like this isn't possible. Is Romero slipping into senility? This review and comment on the script has me more swinging to maybe he should retire, or wait a few more years and do WORLD of the DEAD or LAND 2 or whatever they were going to call it.

Not too mention DTV, that's a death sentence right there.

i donīt think so... all the diary of the dead issue is a consequence of the long waited night of the living dead tv series thar romero has always wanted to make. I thinks the idea of the tv series will be great and diary of the dead could be a great dvd franchise.
    Last edited by sirjacktorrance; 07-Sep-2006 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wowww! I had horrible expectations for this film... but after reading that review, it sounds like it could be among the best after he does some little revisions to it.

Dead

Undisclosed

What has Paris done to GAR?

Wow, I didn't realize that barf and stomach acid could burn thru my shirt like this. Did you guys read through that whole thing? The living dead start to rise and a teenager goes home, posts info on "MYSPACE" ?

WTF???!!!!

What the hell is this all about? The world is falling apart and people are screwing around with MySpace? Is it me or is this turning into a Disney Channel show? Are they going to argue over shooting the dead too because its not "politically correct"? What ever happened to the radio or the tv news?

Am I a 'hater' by saying I do not want to see a bunch of immature teenagers run around on their cell phones, using 'like' as every other word, posting their so-important ground-breaking opinions on MySpace? Its bad enough the real world has gotten this bad, now George is following suit?

Talk about generation gap...Romero needs to stop kissing the asses of the younger crowds and make a good movie that his real fans will enjoy!!!

United Kingdom
    Somthing fresh, in that old idea totally fresh spin. And its done by GAR, I have not been disspointed by his work yet and douybt very much that I will be.

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Let's just hope the direct reference to MYSPACE is either a complete and utter lie ...or something that gets dropped like a hot brick.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe View Post
    Let's just hope the direct reference to MYSPACE is either a complete and utter lie ...or something that gets dropped like a hot brick.
    Maybe there will be an obvious/underlying subplot that we can dissect, lets hold our reservations before we throw down on it. I mean has GAR ever truly dissapointed.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Let us not forget AICN.com creamed over Land of the Dead, both the film and the script, and that film didn't exactly get a great welcome. GAR himself admits the problems with LAND.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*