PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypto get's a good write up at AICN...

Neil
05-Oct-2006, 07:34 AM
www.aintitcool.com/node/30297

p2501
05-Oct-2006, 02:00 PM
Say what you wil about Gibson, being crazy and all.

but he does make very good films.

Ok, the passion sucked, but that doesn't count.

bassman
05-Oct-2006, 02:02 PM
I'll be seeing this. "Passion" didn't necessarily suck, but it wasn't as great as alot of people made it out to be. "Braveheart" is the sh*t:D ....

This one looks to be pretty cool...

Neil
05-Oct-2006, 03:18 PM
Say what you wil about Gibson, being crazy and all.The gutter press might of course, but who listens to them :rockbrow:

Ok, the passion sucked, but that doesn't count.I thought it was suppose to be a good flick?

p2501
05-Oct-2006, 03:55 PM
The gutter press might of course, but who listens to them :rockbrow:

Very good point.

I thought it was suppose to be a good flick?

I found it to be a long, and boring. Trey Parker and Matt Stones' assessemnt that it was a two hour snuff film is entirely correct.

It was gory for sake of being gory, and it felt like there was a rush to get to Jesus getting his ass kicked, but once they got there the film just lingered and lingered and lingered. then there was the long walk, some romans playing dice, and then the quickie ending.

I swear during the long walk, Jesus fell down like 27 times. all of it in Slow motion, and shot in a style that reminded me of a Gaytorade advertisement.

DVW5150
10-Oct-2006, 06:07 PM
Mr Gibson has made such a diverse batch of films that you cant pidgeon hole him . Truly an artist , however drunk he mayve been and spouted racial remarks ... I thought "The Passion" was interesting , his upcoming film looks good too ...Maybe someday Max will drive again ...doubtful though . They squoze out all the 'au ju' in "Thunderdome "...:moon:

raym
11-Oct-2006, 12:09 AM
I also agree that Mr. Gibson is a rare artist making movies nowadays...someone willing to make an unconventional film (like Passion), out of love rather $$$. Also true that he forked up his own mulah to finance it.

At least he's more interesting than what's his face? Jerry Bjorkheimier??

But on to something more important...

MAD MAX 4: Fury Road!

^_^

Seriously, though...I wanna see this.

That Heath Ledger guy better not mess it up =P

:skull: