Thread: Apocalypto get's a good write up at AICN...

Administrator

England

Apocalypto get's a good write up at AICN...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fiji
    Say what you wil about Gibson, being crazy and all.

but he does make very good films.

Ok, the passion sucked, but that doesn't count.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'll be seeing this. "Passion" didn't necessarily suck, but it wasn't as great as alot of people made it out to be. "Braveheart" is the sh*t ....

This one looks to be pretty cool...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501 View Post
    Say what you wil about Gibson, being crazy and all.
    The gutter press might of course, but who listens to them

Ok, the passion sucked, but that doesn't count.
    I thought it was suppose to be a good flick?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The gutter press might of course, but who listens to them
    Very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I thought it was suppose to be a good flick?
    I found it to be a long, and boring. Trey Parker and Matt Stones' assessemnt that it was a two hour snuff film is entirely correct.

It was gory for sake of being gory, and it felt like there was a rush to get to Jesus getting his ass kicked, but once they got there the film just lingered and lingered and lingered. then there was the long walk, some romans playing dice, and then the quickie ending.

I swear during the long walk, Jesus fell down like 27 times. all of it in Slow motion, and shot in a style that reminded me of a Gaytorade advertisement.

United States

Gibsons work ...

Mr Gibson has made such a diverse batch of films that you cant pidgeon hole him . Truly an artist , however drunk he mayve been and spouted racial remarks ... I thought "The Passion" was interesting , his upcoming film looks good too ...Maybe someday Max will drive again ...doubtful though . They squoze out all the 'au ju' in "Thunderdome "...
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Undisclosed
    I also agree that Mr. Gibson is a rare artist making movies nowadays...someone willing to make an unconventional film (like Passion), out of love rather $$$. Also true that he forked up his own mulah to finance it.

At least he's more interesting than what's his face? Jerry Bjorkheimier??

But on to something more important...

MAD MAX 4: Fury Road!

^_^

Seriously, though...I wanna see this.

That Heath Ledger guy better not mess it up =P

~The Zombie Hunter's Bible~

"Don't go to the Mall without it!"
    -Tom Sullivan, The EvilDead"