PDA

View Full Version : Geeeeeezus, what is with some people?!

MinionZombie
06-Jul-2007, 10:07 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070706/ap_on_re_us/gang_rape_teens

This is just messed up on so many levels, how can people be capable of this sort of sh*t? :barf::(

darth los
06-Jul-2007, 10:16 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070706/ap_on_re_us/gang_rape_teens

This is just messed up on so many levels, how can people be capable of this sort of sh*t? :barf::(

This is really disgusting. And did you notice that the suspects are teenagers. Take what you want from this but the youth of today is really messed up in their heads. I don't know what to attribute it to but it wasn't that long ago that i was a teeager and we were never like this. The sad part is that because they are minors they'll get slaps on the wrist. There definitely needs to be tougher sentencing guidlines for teens when it comes to stuff like this. I know that they're minors but don't try and tell me they don't know the difference between right and wrong. I certainly did at that age. That's the problem today. Teens know that nothing really bad will happen to them when they break the law. The law doesn't punish them severely enough, and parents aren't allowed to discipline them properly. It's no wonder why they're running wild nowdays.

Tricky
06-Jul-2007, 10:42 PM
I know what you mean darth,im only 25 so being a teen isnt that long ago,but the worst i ever did was break a window or get caught riding a motorbike where i shouldnt!
Nowadays a lot of teens are just psychos!there was always some bad kids who did some pretty evil things,& there always has been,but its just so widespread now & the things they are doing are a lot worse!I suppose there are a lot of reasons behind it,im always hearing people saying "il never be as strict with my kids as my parents were with me" so that could have a part in it,as they just dont get any discipline anymore!then as you say the law cant touch them.The internet probably has a part in it,as they can just look up some of the most horrible things anyone could do to other people & think "thats mint,i want to do that"
Violent games/films do probably have a part as well,i know they dont affect all of us like that & a lot of us quite happily play them without any bother,but not everyone has the same mentality as us,and as most kids have something of a cruel streak at times it may give those who already have a taste for violence ideas. I remember when trainspotting came out when i was still at school,& loads of the "hard kids" thought it was awesome when begbie glasses that bloke in the pub & how great it would be to do that. Then the widespread drugs problem,i know some people refuse to accept the link,but strong weed is giving plenty of them a psychosis!as are amphetamines.gangs of like minded scumbags always lurk around together as well,so they egg each other on to do all this bad ****.

darth los
06-Jul-2007, 11:13 PM
Violent games/films do probably have a part as well,i know they dont affect all of us like that & a lot of us quite happily play them without any bother,but not everyone has the same mentality as us,and as most kids have something of a cruel streak at times it may give those who already have a taste for violence ideas. I remember when trainspotting came out when i was still at school,& loads of the "hard kids" thought it was awesome when begbie glasses that bloke in the pub & how great it would be to do that. Then the widespread drugs problem,i know some people refuse to accept the link,but strong weed is giving plenty of them a psychosis!as are amphetamines.gangs of like minded scumbags always lurk around together as well,so they egg each other on to do all this bad ****.

I think there's definitely a link between what kids have access to/are exposed to and their behavior. Kids are growing up way to fast nowdays and the high tech world we live in has alot to do with it.There are 12 year olds now days who could teach us a thing or 2 about sex. You have 9 and 10 year olds running around with cell phones and have broadband connections in their rooms. Those last 2 things are a direct result of parenting. Kids that young shouldn't have things like that. You hear parents say "my kid needs a cell phone." How is that? I didn't have a cell phone and that age and i did fine. And don't get me started on tv. Eveything from movies to music videos to video games bombard these kids with sex, drugs and violence 24-7. it's no wonder they get desensitized to this stuff. I know that there's no direct evidence of this but common sense tells you it's true. Just like there's no direct link between greenhouse gasses/carbon emissions and global warming but common sense tells us that it's most likely.

Danny
06-Jul-2007, 11:19 PM
ill see your 25 tricky and raise you a 19 years and allready think anyone around the age of 16 or younger is definatley going to hell. im 100% sure its half assed parenting, the foul language the kids in my neighbourhood is shocking, now i f when i need ot , i dont all the time just becuase constant use of foul language lowers the impact when you do swear and i prefer to say "crap" or the "allways good when you hurt yourself" "bastaarrd!", yet most kids seem to reach 6 years old and believe asaying "OY YOU ****IN' NOB-ED'S, **** OFF!" makes em grown up, when it really only shows how young they are.
as for the article its disgusting, imagine being the son, i dont think i could look my mom in the face again, i reckon theres another guy who will off himself.
the current generation of late high school teens are around 99% all ****ing scum in my opinion, though i aint a parent so i aint sugar coating the little bastards of today.

Terran
06-Jul-2007, 11:24 PM
ill see your 25 terran and raise you a 19 years

I hadnt said anything yet......I suppose you meant Tricky

Danny
06-Jul-2007, 11:28 PM
aye that i did- EDIT!

darth los
06-Jul-2007, 11:30 PM
as for the article its disgusting, imagine being the son, i dont think i could look my mom in the face again, i reckon theres another guy who will off himself.

There are some things that are worth dying for and that's one of them imo. They would have had to kill me before i did that.

Danny
06-Jul-2007, 11:40 PM
honestly.

same here, id go out fighting for definate, thats the kidn fo thing to drive you into a crazy whilrwind of angry anyway.

_liam_
06-Jul-2007, 11:50 PM
i think its easy to label them psychos. i think what makes them more frightening is that theyre probably vaguely normal kids who went the wrong way and got swept up in group mentality ****, everyone comes out the womb the same. makes you wonder what chain of events leads to something like that.

bizarre and frightening stuff. when something like that happens to you, where do you from there?

dress up as a bat and kill people at night i guess

Danny
07-Jul-2007, 12:00 AM
^ wouldnt be surprised, but i think its some kids that probably got a woody watchin' clockwork orange or something, in short jsut not right.

RustyHicks
07-Jul-2007, 12:18 AM
It's disgusting. Sometimes I wonder what is happening in this world.
Those kids that did this probably think it was great fun, laugh about
it without even thinking about what it does to the victims. They'll get
a slap in the wrist alright, go out and do it again. Movies, tv and games
do contribute to some degree, the downfall of some of the youths today.
They see it in a movie, in a game and think, how cool would it be
to do that. The young need to learn respect and it's hard for the parents
cause they can't discipline them like they were allowed to twenty years
ago. Some parents are too busy to be involved in the lives of their
children and some don't care. I've seen 10 year olds playing games where
you run around the city, attacking and killing other people, they laugh and
think it's so cool, thier parents just shrug and say "Well, it gets them out of
my hair for a few hours". It's sad.

Dawg
07-Jul-2007, 01:05 AM
I just read this on MSN News and was going to post it.

Personally, I think every last one of those motherf**kers should have a gauntlet of people they have to walk through, spit on, kicked, their penises cut off and their @$$e$ beat before facing the firing squad.

Or just shoot them were they stand.

Too much? They act like animals, they need to be put down like an animal. Society isn't getting any better folks, its getting worse.

Sick. :mad:

:dead: Dawg

darth los
07-Jul-2007, 02:06 AM
I just read this on MSN News and was going to post it.

Personally, I think every last one of those motherf**kers should have a gauntlet of people they have to walk through, spit on, kicked, their penises cut off and their @$$e$ beat before facing the firing squad.

Or just shoot them were they stand.

Too much? They act like animals, they need to be put down like an animal. Society isn't getting any better folks, its getting worse.

Sick. :mad:

:dead: Dawg

What's really sickening is that these children are our future. Yep, we're screwed. These kids nowdays don't even want to do anything with their lives. They don't want to work, go to school or even help out around the house. They have such a sense of entitlement. Anything that inconvieniences them is like the end of the world. Since they want to grow up so fast the legal age of consent should be lowered to 16 so they can get kicked out that much sooner and get a taste of whta the real world is really like.

Terran
07-Jul-2007, 02:34 AM
i think its easy to label them psychos. i think what makes them more frightening is that theyre probably vaguely normal kids who went the wrong way and got swept up in group mentality ****,

Glad someone said it.....

darth los
07-Jul-2007, 02:37 AM
Group mentality is one explanation that no doubt applies to some cases. But all you have to do is look around and see that dispicable acts of this nature are becoming far more prevalent among this age group in recent years. that explanation cannot account for them all.

_liam_
07-Jul-2007, 03:15 AM
nazi germany was worse than this, the abuse & death of sylvia likens was too - both were made possible by everyday normal kinda people.

any society is 5 steps away from this kind of thing, and within the microcosm of a group dynamic, i think these things can happen really quickly.

you can tell yourself these were sallow eyed fiends who masturbated to horror movies in their bedrooms all day, but they probably werent, and that's what makes them dangerous - you wont see them creeping up on you because they don't resemble this boogeyman ideal in your head.

that's why the woman and her son agreed to help them, it's also probably why the parent of one of the kids is like "i cant imagine them doing this" - they really didnt seem like they would do that sort of thing.

read up on the mose depraved serial killers. 9 times out of 10 it's an unremarkable, sometimes amiable person - that's how they get away with it a lot of the time.

also, as i was saying, group mentality. a group is usually capable of things an individual is not - for better or worse.

so aye, keep your guard up

Terran
07-Jul-2007, 07:09 AM
Was that fresh air i just smelled?

Tricky
07-Jul-2007, 09:17 AM
Your right on the nazi germany part,& who fought the hardest for the nazi cause & continued killing allied soldiers even after hostilities had ended?thats right,14-16 year old indoctrinated kids....

MissJacksonCA
07-Jul-2007, 10:25 AM
What did i stutttttter or something? People are messed up in ways you can't imagine. I'm serious. YOU CANT IMAGINE. Nothing suprises me anymore and I look forward to using this news story as an example for an essay in psych class. These boys can't be rehabbed... they should be stoned to death. For the safety of everyone. And as for the one guys father saying he has no idea where his kids actions come from... bull crap.

MinionZombie
07-Jul-2007, 10:30 AM
I think it's far too easy to just say "ach! the youth of today!" - I've been one of said youth at one point being decried by tabloids, but what was the worst I got up to? A little bit of alcohol, revving around town "lapping" in a mate's Nova in the middle of winter with the windows down playing loud music - being obnoxious basically.

Started swearing like a sailor at 8 years old when I attended my fourth primary school (due to constant moving of houses in my early years). First day there, I got the low down on "these are the swears you need to know", it was laughable when I think back, and we didn't know what they all meant. :lol:

Anyway, I was one of the good kids, never really did anything naughty, I didn't see the point, do as you'd have others do unto you and all that. Plus what would you rather have - compliments about how good you are, or constant berating about how much of a scumbag you are? Aye - former.

Every generation of teens is the devil in everyone else's eyes, things get a little more lax and a little more dangerous. Parents in general need to be more actively involved, but they don't because they're too selfish or too busy working to pay all their whopping Council Taxes. Drugs are much more common these days, generally the drugs on the sidelines of the Class A classics - heck, I turned on the news yesterday and there was a report about freaking LAUGHING GAS as a new drug of choice for cheap giggles. They showed a bunch of teens doing it from baloons and how it gets sold in night clubs ... f*cking crazy stuff. Of course, they're doing pure laughing gas, rather than the far safer stuff dentists use (which contains Oxygen in the mix, unlike the stuff being used recreationally).

I think people in general don't give teens enough credit, they're still far too young to vote, they're still idiots - I was a bit of an obnoxious idiot when I look back, in fact I often cringe at certain ways I thought about things, or things I said at the time - the important fact is I changed those things as I grew up and figured more things out.

That's a key thing with teens, you're figuring things out, you're on the march towards adulthood, so it's obnoxious-city.

And of course, sickening cases like these get all the press time, these are the stories which shout the loudest and the stories that most people hear - therefore as everybody's heard it, then oh that means all teens are like this, but they really aren't. They not much different from when I was a teen, or you guys were teens.

There's always bad kids, but what they do to be bad increases up the scale, meanwhile the good kids remain good - but these days they're more likely to dabble in things that (quite a bit back in the day) would have been considered the stuff of motorbike riding rebels - like *gasps in horror* smoking weed.

In terms of drugs, there needs to be frank education, tell kids what they're in for and what the side effects are. I've seen much mis-education or just flat-out not knowing what's-what.

And totally - the really bad things come from those you least expect it. Heck ... (not that it's anywhere near the same league) ... when I was at uni, one of our housemates had been educated independently, yet he and his friends had done just about every drug under the sun bar the really nasty stuff like meth and heroin. At least a couple of his friends ended up on anti-depressants due to over-use of weed with psychosis issues - and that'll have come about from misinformation/not knowing.

So to wrap this rant up, teens today in general are subject to more naughty things that those of yesteryear, but teens in general haven't changed that much, certainly not since we were teens.

It's interesting to watch short films made by people who are a few years younger than me, particularly those who were a few years below me at high school, kids I didn't know and just assumed to be worse than I (forgetting my own obnoxious years as a teen), but watching them and hearing their stories and seeing their social interplay - it's just the same as me and my mates, they even have the same humour. One of the films I watched (made by a friend of the brother of my mate Ben) and it was all about a spirit who stole people's bollocks. :lol:

As for the kids in the story ... f*cking freaks of nature, the highly uncommon event that is shouted the loudest.

Tricky
07-Jul-2007, 10:46 AM
It didnt say what colour the kids who did that crime were,without beating around the bush it always seems to be black youths who are involved when it comes to gang rapes,they are like a pack of wild dogs when it comes to things like that!:eek:
And no im not calling all black people rapists blah blah blah,just pointing out that gang rape seems to be a very black crime

MinionZombie
07-Jul-2007, 10:57 AM
Well, it's kind scary how frequently a black person is involved (both victim and persecutor) with these knife/gun crimes all over the news constantly. Indicative of both culture and social circumstances really.

Oddly enough, I just assumed they were white in that link...perhaps they were...not really "black sounding" names...though it took place "in the projects", so you just kinda assume there'll be a majority of ethnic minorities living there, but who knows really, I've no idea of the Florida ethnic make up.

It's a real shame that such an issue is made out of criminals being black on the news though, it's not the skin colour doing the killing, it's the broken community and the culture of depression and crime bred amongst the citizens in these areas, irrespective of skin colour (not aiming this part at you Tricky) ... it's the impression the news peddles quite often.

Greater crime in poorer areas, if in these areas there are high percentages of black people, then it's more likely to be a black person - but again, it's not the colour, it's the social circumstances breeding the crime. We're all people in the end of the day.

Different social strata, different crimes...although sometimes you get bleed over between strata (e.g. gang rape in high society or fraud in the underclass), but I'd imagine there's most likely a higher percentage of violent crime the further down the strata you go, and the higher up you go (as the money increases) the more likely you'll come across things like fraud and figure fiddling - but then also, with loads of money and a weak soul comes the sins of power, so you get really horrid things like human trafficking (handled by the lower-downs, used by the higher-ups) ... perhaps even things like you see in "Hostel" - who knows? It's not impossible by far.

Right, I'm off to watch Top Gear and be all warm and fuzzy again. :)

MissJacksonCA
07-Jul-2007, 11:07 AM
I think teens have changed in the sense that all moral values are pretty much gone from todays teens regardless of where they grow up or where they go to school. Possibly due to lack of influence from two working parents or two parents who are too busy enjoying life and unable to actually
'parent' ... its like a person I know just referred to herself as being 'blessed' with another child... its not a blessing when you stop using birth control because you think you're not going to get pregnant again. And now she's going to have two children she can't afford instead of one.

Teens today are giving birth to teens and its going to cause a tremendous amount of strife in that household and lead to a variety of bad behaviors and of course the repitition of the cycle.

The type of behavior exhibited in this instance certainly isn't indicative of the type of behavior from poor neighborhoods... at least as far as the gang rape scene goes. Personally I see that among men/boys in the higher eschelons of society who want to put certain women in their place. Because this crime involved her son the perpetrators of the crime could well have known her child and felt she was a MILF... kinda why i'm offended by the discovery of the whole MILF scenario especially because when I was a teenager and guys discovered my mom it was embarassing that they'd want to spend time at my house and say horrible sexual remarks about her.

Obviously the whole 'i have a flat tire' thing must've been well planned and thought out by these kids who were preying on her willingness to help out someone. Additionally it bolsters the idea that her son knew the boys and that was why he joined her as she went to help them and why she would help them. He was prolly very disliked in his school and the perps wanted to humiliate him in the most ultimate way that he will never overcome. If that was the case the boys could well have been part of a group he wanted to join in school and that's why he and his mum helped perhaps because he thought by helping them he could have his 'in' with them.

I'm anxious to see how this story develops.

Well just as a tip for you tricky and for all the male posters here i've known several groups of people who have gang raped someone I know and in every case it was white men...

I even had a stalker once tell me he was going to get his pals together and give me the ol prison once-over... he was white ...

Matter of fact when this guy i went to hs was broom banged by the wrestling team they were all white...

I'm sure there's people from all woks of life who do that...

_liam_
07-Jul-2007, 12:27 PM
do me a lemon tricky!:lol:

Greater crime in poorer areas, if in these areas there are high percentages of black people, then it's more likely to be a black person - but again, it's not the colour, it's the social circumstances breeding the crime. We're all people in the end of the day.

MZ has it nailed there.

Danny
07-Jul-2007, 01:29 PM
^ what he said, no ones born a killer or a rapist or a pedophile, its your surroundings and the way your brought up by the people around you that does it.

darth los
07-Jul-2007, 03:11 PM
^ what he said, no ones born a killer or a rapist or a pedophile, its your surroundings and the way your brought up by the people around you that does it.

It depends on your point of view on the nature nurture debate. If you say that no one is born a certain way, how do we really know that. By the same logic no one is born gay and therefore can be "treated." I believe that some people are just born gay and can't help the things that they fell, it's natural to them. By that same token you'd have to think that there are other things that people are boen with, like being psychos. You'd have to admit that we are born with certain instincts, so that goes to say that there is certain knowledge and propensities that we are born with. We are not a clean slate at birth. Not to say that nurture doesn't have alot to do with it, but it's only 1 factor in the how someone turns out.

_liam_
07-Jul-2007, 03:56 PM
It depends on your point of view on the nature nurture debate. If you say that no one is born a certain way, how do we really know that. By the same logic no one is born gay and therefore can be "treated." I believe that some people are just born gay and can't help the things that they fell, it's natural to them. By that same token you'd have to think that there are other things that people are boen with, like being psychos. You'd have to admit that we are born with certain instincts, so that goes to say that there is certain knowledge and propensities that we are born with. We are not a clean slate at birth. Not to say that nurture doesn't have alot to do with it, but it's only 1 factor in the how someone turns out.

research shows that homosexuality has something to do with how stressed the mother is while pregnant. weird eh

darth los
07-Jul-2007, 03:58 PM
research shows that homosexuality has something to do with how stressed the mother is while pregnant. weird eh

It's not so much wierd as informative. I'm never suprised about the things that we continue to find out about the human body and it's development and there's still a ways to go. Alas, we might never understand why people act the way they do.

coma
07-Jul-2007, 04:27 PM
There are some things that are worth dying for and that's one of them imo. They would have had to kill me before i did that.
Easy to say because you werent in that situation. First the Kid was TWELVE. Thats a child. HE had a gun to his head and just saw 10 masked guys beating the crap out of and ganging his mom and probably kicking his ass too. They probably threatened to kill HER if he didnt. And look what they did to him after! I doubt he just said "ok". And you knows Moms, they will do anything to protect the life of their kid.

People can say "I wouldve this and that" but thats monday morning quarterbacking. That situation is so horrific that no one could say what they would or wouldnt do. I have heard a lot of "tough" dudes talk crap and when push come to shove they pussed out. Its all hypothetical until it happens.

You are taking that poor child out of the class of victim and thats just wrong.

I wish I didnt read that story. That was nauseating.

btw,
Crime stats go up and down depending on economic situations at certain periods but Sex crimes remain basically the same.
It may be upbringing and sociatal pressures but I was exposed to violence and never hurt anyone that didnt have it coming. But that may be a reaction as well.

When I was a teen from 1980-88 there were evil kids doing evil stuff. Its not so different there is just more reporting of it and WAY more graphic detail. They used to leave out most gory details.

Well just as a tip for you tricky and for all the male posters here i've known several groups of people who have gang raped someone I know and in every case it was white men... ..
That depends on circumstance. If you know mostly white people who know mostly white people and most sex crimes are done by people you know it would make sense. I don't think any group has a monopoly on it.

MinionZombie
07-Jul-2007, 08:56 PM
Stressful mother = gay baby? :confused:

That's a weird one.

I certainly think that criminals are bred, but perhaps there could be people who are more pre-disposed to being naughty due to that old classic of chemicals in the brain being imbalanced.

I honestly believe that teenagers today are no worse than in the last 20 years, they're certainly not devoid of a moral compass, they're just people like the rest of us. If they really were all running amok we'd be under anarchy - it literally would be A Clockwork Orange ... but it isn't.

There's always been crime, and in this day and age of constant media and 24 hour news on multiple channels, it's all hyped up higher and higher than normal. There are certainly problems that need sorting, while some problems are on the rise, others are on the slump...it's all the balance of life.

As for teens today, they're just the same as they've been for a very long time, which includes when many of us were teens. Crazy sh*t goes on when you're a teen, but when you look back on your teenage years, you don't remember it that much, it's certainly not the focus.

People living in criminal areas are just subject to that kind of life, they don't suddenly stop at 18, they continue. While crime has nothing to do with colour - rather social circumstances - crime also has nothing to do with age.

And why would gang rape be a high society crime? Not that it wouldn't happen in high society, but surely it's 'better suited' to the lawless streets of poorly policed, criminal areas where vices rule.

MissJacksonCA
08-Jul-2007, 02:31 AM
You're right Coma... I never really knew black people or even saw them until I moved to Charleston. I mean I maybe saw one or two... but they didn't live any of the places I lived. I think I knew two black people in high school and that was it. But on the same token... I've been in Charleston for nearly three years and in my interactions with them here I've still never known a group of black males to gang rape anyone personally. However every time I've had someone try to rob me or chase after me it was a black male but thats only happened here so it could be simply geographical.

I will have to argue about crime being more rampant in poorer areas, because its simply not so. Society is different at the top. Crimes will go unreported (like rapes and assaults) in a lot of instances to spare the family the humiliation of having been affected by a crime from one of their own. Seriously. Not to mention crimes within families often go unreported because that family will have their own way of dealing with internal problems.

Additionally crime often affects the affluent its just less noteworthy. My family has prolly had no less than 30 cars stolen in 23 years. Repeatedly stolen at that. We also had a maid service and things would occasionally go missing from the home. And on one occasion the maid service lady stole the keys to our condo in Mammoth and they robbed that place blind because they knew we wouldn't be there. We've also had our home robbed numerous times and attempted to be broken into tons of times. I can scarcely imagine what a man breaking into a home at 3am is planning to do once he gets inside. Those are of course mild crimes in the bigger scheme of things but crimes that still affect them none the less.

I'm interested in the study where research suggests that a stressed mother can produce a gay child because I personally can't accept that. I dont believe people are born gay I think its just something you choose for yourself. Like I dont date fat guys because I choose not to. I dont date idiots because I choose not to. And while I find some women attractive I dont date them because frankly chicks are bitches and who needs the drama and I'm not attracted to them just because they're not ugly.

But I agree with MZ that criminals are either bred or suffer severe abuse or neglect that turns them into a criminal. Frankly it depends on a crime to crime basis exactly which of those applies to the criminal IMHO. There are certain injuries a child can suffer in their formative years that would damage the brain that would result in the loss of apathy... hence the question did your mom drop you as a child? But its simply a suggestion as to the motivation behind a criminal act.

darth los
08-Jul-2007, 03:39 AM
I dont believe people are born gay I think its just something you choose for yourself.

I'm sure that there are millions of gays that would challenge you on that assertion.The majority of them have tried to be heterosexual just to fit in to what society thinks they should be, but they just can't. It's like being straight and people trying to force you to like the same sex because that's considered normal. Any of us would feel like that's just impossible.

MissJacksonCA
08-Jul-2007, 03:48 AM
I guess what i meant was you dont choose what you find attractive... its just what you like... but you choose who you date... there's nothing wrong with being gay and i dont try to convert gay people... but i dont think you're born that way... its just what you prefer for whatever reason... it doesnt matter why you're gay... at least to me