PDA

View Full Version : Absinthe is back?

MissJacksonCA
08-Jul-2007, 03:38 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/food/2007/05/04/2007-05-04_the_lambada_of_liquors.html

I totally forgot absinthe even existed... anyone ever had any?

Khardis
08-Jul-2007, 04:03 AM
The Green Fairy yep. It tastes like burrrrning.

I didn't trip out or anything, but i got plastered drunk. The tripping out stuff is usually myth from TV, although if you have a brand with enough Thujone/Wormwood in it you can have mild mild mild psychedelic effects. Like eating 1 gram of a magic mushroom.

You know its legal to import it into the country and drink it, but not legal to sell in the USA, curious law.

MissJacksonCA
08-Jul-2007, 04:34 AM
is it kinda like Uzo?

MaximusIncredulous
08-Jul-2007, 04:55 AM
Is this stuff hangover free or is that just crud?

Khardis
08-Jul-2007, 05:07 AM
Is this stuff hangover free or is that just crud?

its essentially just powerful alcohol with a little chemical in it that may give you a mild psychedelic experience. Although not likely because you have to drink a lot of it, to get it, in which case, vomiting, and hangovers yes.

acealive1
08-Jul-2007, 05:26 AM
if they bring back everclear,we're screwed

Terran
08-Jul-2007, 06:29 AM
You can get Everclear in some states

erisi236
08-Jul-2007, 08:35 AM
Everclear, now that'll put hair on your chest, yikes.

I had some of that stuff, and went right back to the JD. :lol:

Terran
08-Jul-2007, 12:24 PM
Yeah luckily you can buy Everclear in West VA which isnt that far of a drive for me.....

That stuff is brutal...because it has no taste it just burns like fire....so when you get a little drunk on it you stop feeling the burn and you make stronger drinks because you cant taste the alcohol anymore.....
Next thing you know your waking up in a neighbors back yard passed out with no clothes on....

Eyebiter
08-Jul-2007, 02:16 PM
Absinthe - Had a chance to try some at a bar. Someone had brought a bottle back from overseas. Apparently there is whole ritual to drinking it involving a spoon and a sugar cube. I just said #$%^ it and downed it like a shot. Yeah the wormwood is a different kind of buzz.

Everclear - You can still get it here. Mixes similar to vodka but of course it's stronger. The stuff is so potent you basically have to get something for a chaser. I'd rather get Purple Passion (basically grape soda with Everclear mixed in) instead.

darth los
08-Jul-2007, 05:32 PM

I didn't trip out or anything, but i got plastered drunk. The tripping out stuff is usually myth from TV, although if you have a brand with enough Thujone/Wormwood in it you can have mild mild mild psychedelic effects. Like eating 1 gram of a magic mushroom.

You know its legal to import it into the country and drink it, but not legal to sell in the USA, curious law.

Psycheddelic effects? Sounds like that's a little further than i'm willing to go. I'm out to have a good time not beat imaginary spiders off my skin and jump out of a window. You never know how things like that will affect an individual.

kidgloves
08-Jul-2007, 06:21 PM
Psycheddelic effects? Sounds like that's a little further than i'm willing to go. I'm out to have a good time not beat imaginary spiders off my skin and jump out of a window. You never know how things like that will affect an individual.

Its not halocinogenic in that way.:D It gives you a buzz similar to being drunk but without the falling over and making an arse of yourself side effect. Great stuff, but boy does it burn if you don't drink it properly. You can buy it in the supermarket over here.

Terran
08-Jul-2007, 06:47 PM

Very very mild psychedelic effects if any at all....

EvilNed
08-Jul-2007, 06:49 PM
its essentially just powerful alcohol with a little chemical in it that may give you a mild psychedelic experience. Although not likely because you have to drink a lot of it, to get it, in which case, vomiting, and hangovers yes.

If you just drink absinthe, you won't be having much fun. You have to drink lots of beers and liquor. When you're at your peak, take a shot of absinthe and you'll see some mild hallucogenic effects. Nothing spectacular. The most typical "hallucination" is just a red mist.

capncnut
08-Jul-2007, 10:55 PM
Yeah, it's not advised to get drunk on absinthe alone as it will probably make you ill. I've always found it works better after a few beers/ chasers. I don't fart about with the sugarcube, spoon and fire; just a big shot of absinthe topped up with iced water and drink slowly. Applesinthes are nice but too many just gets sickly after a while.

Khardis
08-Jul-2007, 11:13 PM

The psych effects are so mild that it would never come to full blown illusions. More like colors would seem differnt, and you could see light tails etc. In order to have full blown illusions youd have to drink enough to go into alcohol poisoning.

darth los
09-Jul-2007, 12:55 AM
The psych effects are so mild that it would never come to full blown illusions. More like colors would seem differnt, and you could see light tails etc. In order to have full blown illusions youd have to drink enough to go into alcohol poisoning.

I guess at that point the illusions would seem preferable. :D

tju1973
09-Jul-2007, 02:27 AM
I have bought it a few times, and it is advertised in the Shotgun News--

Pretty much has a clientel of a snobby Jager drinker--

I have sworn off the junk since I --

well, I have a pair of Doc's stained with it and my own blood--

-- that and I ended up being taken advantage of by a young-- yet--"fluffy" female I met at the same pool hall I bled at..

:(

No, but you can order it---

www.absinthenews.com

try it!!

:)

capncnut
09-Jul-2007, 05:13 PM
In order to have full blown illusions youd have to drink enough to go into alcohol poisoning.
Or you could mix it with the highest volume Mescal you can find. ;)

Pretty much has a clientel of a snobby Jager drinker...
Hey, I drink Jag...