Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Absinthe is back?

United States

Absinthe is back?

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle...f_liquors.html

I totally forgot absinthe even existed... anyone ever had any?
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Banned User

Undisclosed
    The Green Fairy yep. It tastes like burrrrning.

I didn't trip out or anything, but i got plastered drunk. The tripping out stuff is usually myth from TV, although if you have a brand with enough Thujone/Wormwood in it you can have mild mild mild psychedelic effects. Like eating 1 gram of a magic mushroom.

You know its legal to import it into the country and drink it, but not legal to sell in the USA, curious law.

United States
    is it kinda like Uzo?
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Christmas Island
    Is this stuff hangover free or is that just crud?

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    Is this stuff hangover free or is that just crud?
    its essentially just powerful alcohol with a little chemical in it that may give you a mild psychedelic experience. Although not likely because you have to drink a lot of it, to get it, in which case, vomiting, and hangovers yes.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    if they bring back everclear,we're screwed

Undisclosed
    You can get Everclear in some states

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

United States
    Everclear, now that'll put hair on your chest, yikes.

I had some of that stuff, and went right back to the JD.

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Undisclosed
    Yeah luckily you can buy Everclear in West VA which isnt that far of a drive for me.....

That stuff is brutal...because it has no taste it just burns like fire....so when you get a little drunk on it you stop feeling the burn and you make stronger drinks because you cant taste the alcohol anymore.....
    Next thing you know your waking up in a neighbors back yard passed out with no clothes on....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

United States
    Absinthe - Had a chance to try some at a bar. Someone had brought a bottle back from overseas. Apparently there is whole ritual to drinking it involving a spoon and a sugar cube. I just said #$%^ it and downed it like a shot. Yeah the wormwood is a different kind of buzz.

Everclear - You can still get it here. Mixes similar to vodka but of course it's stronger. The stuff is so potent you basically have to get something for a chaser. I'd rather get Purple Passion (basically grape soda with Everclear mixed in) instead.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    The Green Fairy yep. It tastes like burrrrning.

I didn't trip out or anything, but i got plastered drunk. The tripping out stuff is usually myth from TV, although if you have a brand with enough Thujone/Wormwood in it you can have mild mild mild psychedelic effects. Like eating 1 gram of a magic mushroom.

You know its legal to import it into the country and drink it, but not legal to sell in the USA, curious law.
    Psycheddelic effects? Sounds like that's a little further than i'm willing to go. I'm out to have a good time not beat imaginary spiders off my skin and jump out of a window. You never know how things like that will affect an individual.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

England
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Psycheddelic effects? Sounds like that's a little further than i'm willing to go. I'm out to have a good time not beat imaginary spiders off my skin and jump out of a window. You never know how things like that will affect an individual.
    Its not halocinogenic in that way. It gives you a buzz similar to being drunk but without the falling over and making an arse of yourself side effect. Great stuff, but boy does it burn if you don't drink it properly. You can buy it in the supermarket over here.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Very very mild psychedelic effects if any at all....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    its essentially just powerful alcohol with a little chemical in it that may give you a mild psychedelic experience. Although not likely because you have to drink a lot of it, to get it, in which case, vomiting, and hangovers yes.
    If you just drink absinthe, you won't be having much fun. You have to drink lots of beers and liquor. When you're at your peak, take a shot of absinthe and you'll see some mild hallucogenic effects. Nothing spectacular. The most typical "hallucination" is just a red mist.

capncnut
    Yeah, it's not advised to get drunk on absinthe alone as it will probably make you ill. I've always found it works better after a few beers/ chasers. I don't fart about with the sugarcube, spoon and fire; just a big shot of absinthe topped up with iced water and drink slowly. Applesinthes are nice but too many just gets sickly after a while.