PDA

View Full Version : Once again a little more respect lost for Pres Bush

MissJacksonCA
28-Jul-2007, 12:17 AM
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/senator-violates-air-force-one-code/20070727093809990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

So a senator knocked the president a bit while on his ride... i'm sorry but I can't support a president who can't take a person who questions him or his loyalties. To my way of thinking politics is about banter and debate and decisions made as a team to better the country. What helps shape your views better than some repartee and political discussions whether with a member of your own party or witn an opposing party? Is it just me or are conversations where everyone has the same view boring? I just think its bad form on Bush's part...

Is he a little overly sensitive or what?

Khardis
28-Jul-2007, 04:50 AM
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/senator-violates-air-force-one-code/20070727093809990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

So a senator knocked the president a bit while on his ride... i'm sorry but I can't support a president who can't take a person who questions him or his loyalties. To my way of thinking politics is about banter and debate and decisions made as a team to better the country. What helps shape your views better than some repartee and political discussions whether with a member of your own party or witn an opposing party? Is it just me or are conversations where everyone has the same view boring? I just think its bad form on Bush's part...

Is he a little overly sensitive or what?

Yeah right, and any time a Republican calls a Democrat a traitor or unpatriotic for trying to sabotage a war they fly off the handle screaming. HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY PATRIOTISM!!!! ITS BETTER TO LOSE THE WAR THAN TO WIN!!!!!1111

If I invite a guest into my home, I throw down some rules too, and if you want to eff with me and insult me in my home you can get the hell out.

DeadJonas190
28-Jul-2007, 05:40 AM
Bush's attitude is that your either with him or against America, the guy is loony, it's a good thing he will be out of office soon.

acealive1
28-Jul-2007, 05:54 AM
Bush's attitude is that your either with him or against America, the guy is loony, it's a good thing he will be out of office soon.

bit i'd TOTALLY give his blonde daughter babies:elol:

EvilNed
28-Jul-2007, 10:55 AM
If I invite a guest into my home, I throw down some rules too, and if you want to eff with me and insult me in my home you can get the hell out.

It's not the Presidents home, it's a Private Jet that he gets to borrow for a few years. It's as much the Senators as it is the Presidents.

Khardis
28-Jul-2007, 05:00 PM
It's not the Presidents home, it's a Private Jet that he gets to borrow for a few years. It's as much the Senators as it is the Presidents.

Incorrect, Air Force One belongs to the president. Bush is the president. The White House also belongs to him until he leaves office.

EvilNed
28-Jul-2007, 08:33 PM
Incorrect, Air Force One belongs to the president. Bush is the president. The White House also belongs to him until he leaves office.

Belong?! That is a very sexist way of talking about these bitches!

It doesnt belong to him. If it did, he could keep it once his presidency runs out. Now he cant.

Khardis
28-Jul-2007, 10:18 PM
Belong?! That is a very sexist way of talking about these bitches!

It doesnt belong to him. If it did, he could keep it once his presidency runs out. Now he cant.

Wrong again. It belongs to the office of the President of the United States. Whoever is the president, owns it. At the moment George W. Bush owns it.

EvilNed
28-Jul-2007, 10:33 PM
At the moment, George Bush is using it, rather. :) It's not his. Put it this way, do you think it's registered in his name?

Khardis
29-Jul-2007, 12:54 AM
At the moment, George Bush is using it, rather. :) It's not his. Put it this way, do you think it's registered in his name?

Its owned by the office of president. The President owns it. At the moment Bush is the President. Bush owns it until a new president assumes ownership. Period.

DjfunkmasterG
29-Jul-2007, 05:19 AM
Ignore Khardis, he is just pissed the country will be under democratic rule in 18 months. :p

BTW, Air Force One... belongs to the American people. Their tax dollars pay for it so therefore it is theirs more than old loony toony Bush's.

January 21st 2009, the day American becomes normal again and we get out from under this tyrant we call the president.

Hey Khardis... how does it feel knowing HILLARY could be the next president, and old Blow Job bill will be living back in the white house again? :lol:

acealive1
29-Jul-2007, 06:23 AM
i like how we can vote for who we want as president,lose the vote and still put money in the @ssholes pocket and get shot when we walk too close to air force one

EvilNed
29-Jul-2007, 01:24 PM
Its owned by the office of president. The President owns it. At the moment Bush is the President. Bush owns it until a new president assumes ownership. Period.

Is it registered in his name? Did he pay for it? Does he get to keep flying it once he leaves office? If not, it's not his. :) Period.

coma
29-Jul-2007, 05:51 PM
Is it registered in his name? Did he pay for it? Does he get to keep flying it once he leaves office? If not, it's not his. :) Period.
Part of ownership is the prerogative to transfer ownership to others. The Pres does not have that prerogative. Its more like a company car. You are allowed use of the vehicle while you are at that job, when you leave it you relinquish control.

Incidentally, Air Force One is the code name for ANY plane the pres is in. Its not the name of the plane but because he uses the same presidential plane it naturally appears to be the name of the craft, but it's not.

RustyHicks
29-Jul-2007, 05:54 PM
Bush's time is about to run out and
maybe Americans can have a little peace.

Don't like him much myself.

Daddy Bush brought on the Gulf war,
now Son follows daddy's footsteps
with a war in Iraq

Khardis
29-Jul-2007, 06:06 PM

it belongs to the president. Bush is the president. its his, you lose. sorry.

Ignore Khardis, he is just pissed the country will be under democratic rule in 18 months. :p

BTW, Air Force One... belongs to the American people. Their tax dollars pay for it so therefore it is theirs more than old loony toony Bush's.

January 21st 2009, the day American becomes normal again and we get out from under this tyrant we call the president.

Hey Khardis... how does it feel knowing HILLARY could be the next president, and old Blow Job bill will be living back in the white house again? :lol:

Hillary is polling lower than the majority of Republican candidates at the moment and lower than Obama and he don't stand a chance. By the way, since the Dims took the congress, the approval rating has dropped into the teens. THE TEENS!

Bush's time is about to run out and
maybe Americans can have a little peace.

Don't like him much myself.

Daddy Bush brought on the Gulf war,
now Son follows daddy's footsteps
with a war in Iraq

Its good to see that you are very well informed.

EvilNed
29-Jul-2007, 06:10 PM
it belongs to the president. Bush is the president. its his, you lose. sorry.

So it's not registered in his name, it's not his because he (like coma said) cannot freely pass it on to others and thus it does not belong to the President? Thank you, Khardis, that's what I suspected all along.

Why didn't you just answer my question? Is it registered in his name? A big resounding No would have done just fine.

DVW5150
29-Jul-2007, 06:28 PM
There are alot of things going on behind the American peoples backs.
Since we dont know (unless you take part in them) I cant say.
The White House is government property, paid for by the American people.
The Govt. tends to change defintions of what this & that means, which I do not subscribe to.
I was a bike messenger in DC in the late eighties, used to p/u film for Assoc. Press & deliver it to the office on H st nw.
I would p/u at the south or north gate which ever the press core was allowed to leave film for p/u to be developed.
This was before of course, they blocked off Penn Ave so you cant get within 500 yards of it.
I heard a secret service say," You know this house belongs to the people.",to another gaurd...wierd to hear from a such a source.
The reply was, " Dont say that."
Hmmm...

Khardis
29-Jul-2007, 07:42 PM
So it's not registered in his name, it's not his because he (like coma said) cannot freely pass it on to others and thus it does not belong to the President? Thank you, Khardis, that's what I suspected all along.

Why didn't you just answer my question? Is it registered in his name? A big resounding No would have done just fine.

My girlfriends car isn't registered in her name, yet she is selling it and keeping the money for it. I guess thats not hers either right? Air Force One belongs to the office of the president. Whichever man is president owns it until he is no longer president. Its not a hard concept, even for someone like you.

The white house and air force one, do not belong to the people. They belong to their own groups. If it belonged to the people, then why don't you go try knocking on the front door.

EvilNed
29-Jul-2007, 08:29 PM
My girlfriends car isn't registered in her name, yet she is selling it and keeping the money for it. I guess thats not hers either right? Air Force One belongs to the office of the president. Whichever man is president owns it until he is no longer president. Its not a hard concept, even for someone like you.

The white house and air force one, do not belong to the people. They belong to their own groups. If it belonged to the people, then why don't you go try knocking on the front door.

They belong to groups? Well, then they don't belong to the president. Is it registered in his name? Can he give it away or sell it? If the answers to both those questions are no, then you're wrong.

mista_mo
29-Jul-2007, 10:50 PM
he called ya stupid ned

Yojimbo
30-Jul-2007, 12:11 AM

I am a registered Republican and still I have major issues with Bush Jr. and the strange moves he has made during his two terms in office. Much of what he has done appears to be self-serving, and little he has done appears to be on the side of the common good.

Can you agree that the White House and Air Force One is not the personal property of George W. Bush?

Whether or not your girlfriend is able to sell a car that is not in her name is a moot point. Khardis, no offense meant to you, but that is an illogical argument.

There are cholos in my neighborhood that sell Bose and other high end car stereo speakers for $20.00 each. They will freely tell you that they ripped them off the night before. Yet still they are selling this merchandise. So the simple act of being able to sell an item does not imply ownership in and of itself.

I think I will defect and go Libertarian next time around!

Khardis
30-Jul-2007, 01:00 AM
They belong to groups? Well, then they don't belong to the president. Is it registered in his name? Can he give it away or sell it? If the answers to both those questions are no, then you're wrong.

It belongs to the president. The Presidents name is George W. Bush. If he wants to sell it, he could have it sold. Of course the money would remain in the coffers of the Office of the President. You lose. Again.

I am a registered Republican and still I have major issues with Bush Jr. and the strange moves he has made during his two terms in office. Much of what he has done appears to be self-serving, and little he has done appears to be on the side of the common good.

Can you agree that the White House and Air Force One is not the personal property of George W. Bush?

Whether or not your girlfriend is able to sell a car that is not in her name is a moot point. Khardis, no offense meant to you, but that is an illogical argument.

There are cholos in my neighborhood that sell Bose and other high end car stereo speakers for $20.00 each. They will freely tell you that they ripped them off the night before. Yet still they are selling this merchandise. So the simple act of being able to sell an item does not imply ownership in and of itself.

I think I will defect and go Libertarian next time around!

Its not a moot point. He said that since its not in his name its not his. Her car is not in her name, and yet its hers. weird!

The actual airplanes belong to the office of the president. The president is G. W. Bush. He is the current owner through the power of ownership in his office. Air Force one, was built specifically for the president and his staff. They build and rebuild air force one planes all the time, under the ownership of the president of the United States. Whoever is the president, is the owner of said planes until he/she is no longer president. He/she also determines who uses said planes while in office.

This is much like being the child of a billionaire and inheriting a state with legal rules on it, that bar you from selling it to anyone else. You own it, through your ties to the original creator/funding system of said estate. It belongs to the inheretee until dead or passed on to the next generation. He owns it, even if its not in his name, but in the name of an escrow account or estate. This isn't rocket science.

And While Bush may be no Ronald Reagan, he certainly isn't as self serving as ole Slick Willy was, who was actually selling pardons and using presidential power to further his financial interests as well as his wifes. Christ, the guy launched us into Kosovo to get heat off him for his perjury and obstruction charges.

DjfunkmasterG
30-Jul-2007, 08:40 AM

Dumbass a car can be registered to anyone, who it is titled too is something completely different. If the title is in her name she can sell it. She is the person named on the title of ownership.

you are really a stubborn headed prick you know that.

EvilNed
30-Jul-2007, 01:53 PM
It belongs to the president. The Presidents name is George W. Bush. If he wants to sell it, he could have it sold. Of course the money would remain in the coffers of the Office of the President. You lose. Again.

:D No, Khardis, that right is not his to do, since he does not own it he cannot give it away, sell it and it is not registered in his name. But whatever you want to believe man, whatever. You seem to have your mind set in stone for some reason, despite the fact that none of the qualifications for someone owning something are in place.

Also, typical of Republicans to always bring in Bill Clinton in this, calling him more self-serving than G. W. Bush, despite the fact that G. W. Bush gives away jobs to his rich friends, increases their salaries and their powers. Oh, and let's not forget the Iraqi War. You think that was not a self-serving war?

he called ya stupid ned

That's what conservatives do when they run out of arguments. ;)

dmbfanintn
30-Jul-2007, 03:14 PM
Kharids is such a bullhead. Read his posts guys, he is fvckin with y'all.

Its like a kid who keeps saying "I know you are but what am I?"

Quote from wiki:

Air Force One is the air traffic control call sign of any United States Air Force aircraft carrying the President of the United States. Since 1990, the presidential fleet has consisted of two specifically configured, highly customized Boeing 747-200B series aircraft—tail codes 28000 and 29000—with Air Force designation VC-25A. While these planes are referred to as Air Force One only while the president is on board, the term is commonly used to describe either of the two aircraft normally used and maintained by the U.S. Air Force solely for the president.

The aircrafts are the property of the US Air Force.

I spent 8 years in the Army, during that time, 3 of those years were spent at Ft Hood TX and in that time I was the driver of a HummVee for a Major.

The windshield had my name on it. I had signed the reciept for the vehicle and all the equipment that went with it. I was responsible for its daily maintenance and upkeep. I had the keys to it in my pocket everyday ofr 3 years.

Was this HummVee MINE? Did I own this vehicle? HELL NO!!! And if I had tried to sell it, I would probably still be sitting in jail.

Air Force One is not "owned" by the "Office of the President", it is "owned" (if you can even properly use that term here) by the US Air force.

Period, you lose, your wrong, simple as that (and all that other 8 year old jazz)

fartpants
30-Jul-2007, 09:49 PM
Ii'm not sure that Bush can lose any more respect as i cant believe that anybody in the world has any respect left for the numptie...

DjfunkmasterG
01-Aug-2007, 08:35 PM
Dammit, Khardis has run off and I was just getting ready to keep egging him on.

Tied2thetracks
01-Aug-2007, 08:57 PM

The damn plane belongs to the white house,think company car. Don't say American people either, mexico will remind you America is a continent not a country, we will be soon enough though. If the American people really mattered we would be out of Iraq and have a big ol' wall between us and mexico. Let him have his little plane, not like our opinion matters anyways.

DjfunkmasterG
01-Aug-2007, 11:37 PM
Let him have his little plane, not like our opinion matters anyways.

They say the war on terror is conducted by the will of the people... funny, my will was to get who was responsible for 911, not invade some other country on false pretenses. :mad: