PDA

View Full Version : How will you prepeare for a zombie takeover

jka12002
30-Aug-2007, 02:07 AM
Edgar Cayce predicted that the dead will rise out of their graves. but when it will happen is unknown.

Im just curious what you guys will do do when/if this eventually happens. how will you prepare.

(i dont know if there was a thread like this already, i was gone for a long time.)

clanglee
30-Aug-2007, 02:44 AM
Not staying in my house, that's for sure. Gathering my loved ones and moving out of the big city. Maybe a small town grocery store or cabin in the woods. School maybe those places are fortresses.

jim102016
31-Aug-2007, 02:57 AM
Not staying in my house, that's for sure. Gathering my loved ones and moving out of the big city. Maybe a small town grocery store or cabin in the woods. School maybe those places are fortresses.

I'm going to plant lots of bushes in front of my house

clanglee
31-Aug-2007, 03:17 AM
:lol:
Awsome idea. They will never think to look behind the bushes!!

ngm231
31-Aug-2007, 03:34 AM
get a gun, some bullets, a comfy chair, and some diet pepsi.

Cody
31-Aug-2007, 05:06 AM
new shelter! like a bomb shelter or something, and make it really nice inside

MissJacksonCA
31-Aug-2007, 08:08 AM
That depends on the spread of the outbreak of dead folks eating living flesh... either make it to my cabin or my boat... if I head to my boat i'll bring along company... those deserted islands will be lonely and in need of people to construct tree houses etc... I've alllllllways wanted an excuse to live in a tree house!

Danny
31-Aug-2007, 11:07 AM
like ed ill do it on the night, cus you never know what kind of zombies, be they slow, fast, flying or even vegetarian ones, each kind would require a different survival strategy.

hopefully involving fireworks, a hummer, load speakers playing dragonforce load as hell and no speed cameras.:lol:

Dommm
31-Aug-2007, 12:29 PM
new shelter somewhere out in the rainforests, hopefully with a gaggle of women I have rescued along the way ;-)

fartpants
02-Sep-2007, 07:23 PM
find my local max security prison, wait until all the guards desert their posts to be with loved ones, the open all the cells and doors , wait until all the prisoners leave then lock up the doors and wait it out ( guns, 20 ft walls and enough provisions to keep 1000 prisoners fed will keep your little band of survivors fed for years )

jim102016
02-Sep-2007, 07:48 PM
find my local max security prison, wait until all the guards desert their posts to be with loved ones, the open all the cells and doors , wait until all the prisoners leave then lock up the doors and wait it out ( guns, 20 ft walls and enough provisions to keep 1000 prisoners fed will keep your little band of survivors fed for years )

That's if they leave and if they don't kill you in the process. Maybe some of them will already be flesh eaters. Perhaps some of the guards and/or prisoners will have the same idea as you. Could be risky.

MissJacksonCA
03-Sep-2007, 02:42 AM
Yeah i'm still wondering why the guards would leave instead of ordering their families to come to where they are... and even if they leave I doubt they would all go... and why would prisoners suddenly escape the prison into a hellfire of zombies? What are you going to do release them one at a time and wait til they leave... because if you let them all go at once they might riot against you or stay where its relatively safe... or even go raid the gun cabinet or infirmary for themselves...

Slain
03-Sep-2007, 04:48 AM
Convicts have friends, family, and fellow gang associates on the outside who will try freeing prisoners if civilization were to go down the tubes.

If something like a zombie outbreak were to happened, the guards would probably lock all the prisoners in their cells and take off for parts unknown.

clanglee
03-Sep-2007, 04:58 AM
Awww man!!!! :rockbrow: Not this thread as well. :bored:

jim102016
03-Sep-2007, 07:42 PM
Awww man!!!! :rockbrow: Not this thread as well. :bored:

Ha, funny stuff. I think we're giving American society too much credit. We're talking about the "Me" generations here...what about the huge factor of "every man for himself"? If the world went to hell in this way at a fast pace, I think very few people would show up at a prison to free their loved ones. Maybe the loyal members of a gang lord, but I don't think they'd find any guards to contend with. Sh*t, unless they knew how to do it, getting into the place would be a headache for amateurs.

Wyldwraith
04-Sep-2007, 05:01 PM
There are some basics everyone has to acknowledge for a zombie apocalypse:
1) If you can't defend yourself, you're prey or a victim of someone who can. In this generation that means guns for the average person.

2) If you've got no fresh water, you'll be dead before the zombies get you. How many of us are on city water? (Well not me, but my well pumps electric so im hosed too) To a lesser extent same goes for food.

3) Shelter: Probably the hardest of choices as it has to encompass the previous three requirements, plus be of stern enough construction to hold off the press of potentially thousands of bodies, or be of an unusual nature which will prevent those bodies from getting to you. (Someone was just floating a notion of living in the old adobe pueblos out west past me, thought that was innovative.)

So yea, specifics would vary but we'd all be looking for that. Well that and a way not to go out of our minds with boredom when we lock ourselves up tight in these personal Fortresses of Solitude.

MissJacksonCA
04-Sep-2007, 07:52 PM
Ah yes and yet another reason why you should build a tree house! They're not easy to get into... great view... easy to attach a sistern of some kind I imagine... and of course... any tree house toilet doesn't need plumbing when it can use gravity ...

Cody
04-Sep-2007, 09:18 PM
I've never even thought about a tree house before, I LOVE IT. I would never do it.

Honestly though peopledo you think someone in this world as ever constructe a zombie proof shelter?

GhastlyJoker
04-Sep-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm thinking about actually making a large tree house that goes from tree to tree. LIVE INSIDE! painted across the front. Make it a mini greenhouse, that would be funny stuff. But a water source would be difficult to obtain, hmmm, rain hatch anyone?

I'd probably get a bus from the bus depot by the Elementary School and pull off some **** from the DOTD remake. I'd look at the bus pick up order and pick up everyone on the route and get to a Wal-Mart.

MissJacksonCA
04-Sep-2007, 10:34 PM
I'd just like to be the first to volunteer my expertise in helping fellow HPOTDers build the ultimate tree house zombie proof hideout... who's wif me?

But hey I would totally zombie proof any house I own just because then it would also be burglar, crazed ex lover, wild rabid weasel, etc proof too... so... barring any unforeseen circumstances if I ever own a home here in the states I shall post pictures of me zombie project home... hmm... I wonder how to zombie proof my car...

How much d'ya think those kevlar hoods car racers have cost? Would those help in a zombie attack?

jim102016
05-Sep-2007, 05:21 AM
I'd just like to be the first to volunteer my expertise in helping fellow HPOTDers build the ultimate tree house zombie proof hideout... who's wif me?

But hey I would totally zombie proof any house I own just because then it would also be burglar, crazed ex lover, wild rabid weasel, etc proof too... so... barring any unforeseen circumstances if I ever own a home here in the states I shall post pictures of me zombie project home... hmm... I wonder how to zombie proof my car...

How much d'ya think those kevlar hoods car racers have cost? Would those help in a zombie attack?

You'd better build that tree house in a location that is not subject to adverse weather (hurricanes, severe winter weather, etc.) or you might just wake up on the ground.

Designing your tree house, I would think it'd be better to construct a design where ground-based support beams do not exist.

MissJacksonCA
05-Sep-2007, 05:29 AM
I was thinking of a support system styled something like a bird house.. the kind where they're on a tall pole and then kinda chopstick style sticks are stuck in through various angles that go around in a yurt style circle as the base for the house...

I've seen a few 'professional' tree houses on the telly and in some magazines I get but for the most part they're all pretty small potatoes with each room being around 8 by 8... but what I like the most is the system of maneuvering between the 'houses' this one guy had in Oregon... he had a rock climbing pendulum style system where you hook up to a main rope and pull yourself across swat team style ... odds are if you've visited Costa Rica and taken a canopy tour you're familiar with this style of moving... its pretty sweet stuff and way fun not to mention zombies clearly would lack the mental capacity to manipulate the system to their advantage... and being as its a virtually silent means of transit no one below would hear you moving...

I think Northern California would be best with their giant Sequoias and all but i'm flexible... Coral trees have lots of sturdy brances and a solid base to work from ... and best of all minimal bugs lurk in them (those were my pick whenever i'd climb trees) unnnnnfortunately they're mighty short but perhaps they're larger in other places...

Hmmm...

GhastlyJoker
05-Sep-2007, 07:51 PM
Eureka!

All we would need to do, is make a large treehouse between four spaced out trees and make the ladder, a complex rock climbing thingy that you'd need to use a handy pick axe to climb up with. Nah, but a literal treehome would be pretty good for Ohio. I think I'll have to make one now. create a panel for the heat to come in through and have plenty of water saved up in glass jars to prevent mold from collecting.

In short, I'm with MissJacksonUSA...

MissJacksonCA
06-Sep-2007, 01:18 AM
I was at Sams Club today and saw the greatest thing too... I dont know what they call it but it was for hunters... basically its a platform that goes a way high up where hunters can sit to 'hunt' their prey... and its got a ladder thing that's attached by a suspension wire so it can be drawn up and you're basically just chilling up there and no one can get to you or when you need to get down you can lower it to the ground... that would be a great addition to the tree house... a suspension ladder ...

I think the roof of the tree house could easily be formatted into a a funnel that takes water from the rain and funnels it into a sistern located somewhere on the side of the tree... which if the tree houses were on different levels could then be piped into the other trees free of electricity... the other idea would be finding trees along/near a major river... and creating a sort of paddlewheel to power primitive electricity to the treehouse based on the rivers current... if that were an expandable idea then most prefferably it would be best to be in a place that floods regularly ... mud would make it more difficult for zombies to manipulate the land in theory and anyone slogging through water would make more noise than by walking along the ground alone...

AcesandEights
06-Sep-2007, 03:00 AM
I was at Sams Club today and saw the greatest thing too... I dont know what they call it but it was for hunters... basically its a platform that goes a way high up where hunters can sit to 'hunt' their prey...

They are usually referred to as 'deer stands', though they may have other names.

<----Is a lover, not a hunter :moon:

MissJacksonCA
06-Sep-2007, 03:13 AM
It just came to me! Elevated hunting blind! This thing was pretty savvy though makes a great model for a tree house I shoulda nabbed a pic with my celly of the model it was so cool

Legion2213
23-Sep-2007, 12:13 AM
Probably a mix of all three...hit the road, do some fighting when needed and try to find a nice zombie proof house/fortress.